PDA

View Full Version : Uber l33t Sword ;)

Soul Sabre
23-05-2005, 03:27
Okay well ive just got to Lvl20 and am a W/Mo ive built up quite a bit of money now and am wanting to splash out on making the best Sword possible.

Ive had quite a few Fiery Dragon swords but dont want to use one as everyone has one nowadays :D plus you can only add one upgrade i think :confused:

Im not sure on what Sword to place the upgrades on but i went and got a clean 15-22 Fellblade but am still undecided upon it.

I have come to my fellow Warriors for advice on:
1) The Sword type to use
2) The Upgrades to use (e.g pommels)
3) What colour to dye it :D (my current Fellblade is purple)

Im thinking of using a Sundering Hilt (chance 10% of Armour penetration) and Pommel of Fortitude (+30hp) but am open to suggestions but want reasons why. Thanks in advance for any help on making myself a nice Sword :happy14:

RushD
23-05-2005, 03:35
Ummmm there is no uber sword even if u upgrade it.........u might have a nice sword but in the end itll be for one purpose not killing everyone.So umm have fun :D

PS.All Your Base Are Belong To Us :winking47

Normandy
23-05-2005, 04:28
yo.. can you really only put one mod in a fiery??? i'd like to know what max dmg sword can hold the most mods.

weisenheimer
23-05-2005, 05:05
Yeah, its not the best, not the worst.

I am actually enjoying a weapon I picked up from a guy...

Barbed Spatha of Swordsmanship (Purple).
15-22
13 Sword Requirement
+11% DMG While in stance
10% Chance +1 swordsmanship
Lenghens Bleeding

Got it for 2,000g - I thought it was only halfway decent at the time, but since I had to force myself up to higher swordsman class with it, its pretty killer. With the right skill activated during battle, I can do over 100 damage with one swipe so far in the Shiverpeaks. TYPICAL damage without skills is about 20+ per slash... I can't complain... :cool:

Ummmm there is no uber sword even if u upgrade it.........u might have a nice sword but in the end itll be for one purpose not killing everyone.So umm have fun :D

PS.All Your Base Are Belong To Us :winking47

RushD
23-05-2005, 07:46
Are u some sort of freak?Why would u quote me? :confused:.Shame on u :rolleyes: ..............

Neandro Thal
23-05-2005, 21:42
Yeah, its not the best, not the worst.

I am actually enjoying a weapon I picked up from a guy...

Barbed Spatha of Swordsmanship (Purple).
15-22
13 Sword Requirement
+11% DMG While in stance
10% Chance +1 swordsmanship
Lenghens Bleeding

Got it for 2,000g - I thought it was only halfway decent at the time, but since I had to force myself up to higher swordsman class with it, its pretty killer. With the right skill activated during battle, I can do over 100 damage with one swipe so far in the Shiverpeaks. TYPICAL damage without skills is about 20+ per slash... I can't complain... :cool:

Wow 100 a swipe sounds pretty high

Dragon Flame
23-05-2005, 22:20
Wow 100 a swipe sounds pretty high
thats against lvl 9s in the shiverpeaks, still pretty good tho

coochie
23-05-2005, 22:50
I just got a Gold Butterfly Sword of Defense. It is max damage (15-22) and it is +13% while in stance with +4 armor. I bought a zealous hilt and added it so I get +1 energy for every successful hit but lose -1 on energy regen. I use flurry alot and I'm a mesmer in my 2nd profession. This sword works out so well with me because I hit good and I gain crazy energy during a fight which is important for using mesmer skills. Just wanted to share that with ya. I'm really liking the zealous sword hilt. Not for everyone though i'm sure.

Normandy
24-05-2005, 03:49
i take it no one will answer me

Tsunade The Hokage
24-05-2005, 04:37
I'm using a Fiery Forked Sword of Fortitude.
Fire Damage: 15-22
Damage +20% (While Health Above 50%)
Health +24
then customed so another 20% dmg

I got this as an OJ drop in Elona's Reach. I had the Fire Rune before hand which I got off a fiery dragon sword and the Health rune... This isn't best out there.. I'm debating about the usefulness of the Fire damage as opposed to..
Furious: Double Adrenaline on hit (Chance: 1%-10%)
Sundering: Armor penetration +10% (Chance: 1-10%)
on the hilt..

Also for sword pommel it's possible to get +30 health.. so mine is far from the best.

As for graphic, I always enjoyed the look of a forked sword. I thought I lucked out.

Dragon Flame
24-05-2005, 04:53
Health +24

I got this as an OJ drop in Elona's Reach. I had the Fire Rune before hand which I got off a fiery dragon sword and the Health rune... This isn't best out there.. I'm debating about the usefulness of the Fire damage as opposed to..
on the hilt..

Also for sword pommel it's possible to get +30 health.. so mine is far from the best.

As for graphic, I always enjoyed the look of a forked sword. I thought I lucked out.
what i have right now is a simple fiery flamberge(max), im lookin for a pommel of fortitude, and that'll probly be my final sword.

weisenheimer
24-05-2005, 05:41
no, thats level 20+ shiverpeaks (post ascension). with +1 at 10%, I am getting level 15 from time to time, so with final thrust in particular, the damage can be devastating.

thats against lvl 9s in the shiverpeaks, still pretty good tho

DIEnamic
29-05-2005, 13:09
Health +24

on the hilt..

I don't think you can have higher than 15% damage while your health is above 50% mod. Was that a typo and you meant while <50%?? :confused:

VenereaHax
29-05-2005, 17:27
I don't think you can have higher than 15% damage while your health is above 50% mod. Was that a typo and you meant while <50%?? :confused:

yea, it's prolly a typo :love38:

pryzmatik2
29-05-2005, 21:13
Sigh, this is not a sword show and tell thread, he's asking questions.

1) Whatever type of sword you like :) I like butterfly swords, myself, but it's not all about looks.
2) I'd recommend not getting an elemental damage hilt, as certain classes might have certain additional elemental defenses and such. If you do want one of these on your sword, I'd recommened getting a normal sword aswell, and a few of the elements, and use the element that the enemy does not have elemental defense against. Since I use Sever Artery + Gash alot, I use barbed sword hilts on my swords, along with pommels of Fortitude or Defense.
3)I've always had a soft spot for red :)

And by the way, if you truly want the utmost BEST sword possible... It would look something like this

15-22 damage (required 8 swordsmanship)
damage +15%
xx prefix mod (preferibly something not on % chance)
xx suffix mod (fortitude or defense)
damage +20% (customized)

People tend to forget that just plain 15% damage can spawn instead of +% damage (when in a stance, hexed, health above 50%, etc). This would be more desirable, as you're not always hexed, in a stance, etc, and its just plain more flexible.

Lestat Requiem
29-05-2005, 21:27
I use fyery fellblade of fortitude Black dyed

15-22 Fire damage ( cause im elem my conjure add +13 damage on all hits )
+28 hp
+11%when above 50% health
+20% damage ( customized )

With battle rage i prolly only hit with special sword skills so i hit for around 50 - 100 damage

lred
30-05-2005, 16:48
I think if you want to be uber, you get several good swords, each upgraded to be most effective in a specific situation. Ie one sword with fire damage, one with earth damage, one lightning, one plain physical dmg, etc.

TW III
30-05-2005, 17:20
damage +15%
damage +20% (customized)

You'd get like 500plat for a max dmg sword with always +15%.

WarriorOFfaith
30-05-2005, 21:50
whoever was bragging about how they did 100 damage to something in shiverpeaks...that isn't that insane. I hit stuff easy in ther for 140 with some of my skills. I have dealt 90+ damage to some things in crystal desert, including a lvl 24 boss. I really don't think doing 100 damage to a lvl 9 takes much skill since i have almost done that to a lvl 24.

pryzmatik2
30-05-2005, 21:52
You'd get like 500plat for a max dmg sword with always +15%.

That so? Cause I've got a gold Short Sword with 15% damage, 15-22, req 10 swordsmanship. Hmm... perhaps 500 plat is worth selling this for :)

Ravennus
30-05-2005, 22:12
And by the way, if you truly want the utmost BEST sword possible... It would look something like this

damage +15%
damage +20% (customized)

People tend to forget that just plain 15% damage can spawn instead of +% damage (when in a stance, hexed, health above 50%, etc). This would be more desirable, as you're not always hexed, in a stance, etc, and its just plain more flexible.

Just to clarify, you CAN get a sword that always gives +15% dmg on every hit.....but it DOES come with a drawback, namely a -10 to your armor whenever you are attacking.

pearhk
30-05-2005, 23:05

But the GWOnline Page --> Item Modifier
said this is possible :confused:

http://www.gwonline.net/page.php?p=125#Swords

VenereaHax
30-05-2005, 23:54
hehe, weird, never saw it ingame imo

pryzmatik2
31-05-2005, 06:10
Just to clarify, you CAN get a sword that always gives +15% dmg on every hit.....but it DOES come with a drawback, namely a -10 to your armor whenever you are attacking.

Now that I think about it, when I first got this sword (back in Gates of Kryta) I remember there being a negative mod onto this sword, which drew me away from it, but now it doesn't have that... bug perhaps? or am I just going insane?

Look at it here -

http://img16.echo.cx/my.php?image=lossword3rx.png

Yea, now I'm trying to show off my sword :happy53:

VenereaHax
31-05-2005, 09:50
i hate u ;)

Tsunade The Hokage
31-05-2005, 10:16
Sorry, that was indeed a typo. 15% is correct.

And also sorry, I didn't mean to brag. He seemed open to suggestions, I just was using my blade as an example. Mine is very far from the best.

That is cool though, the 15% permanent damage. I will have to keep an eye out for one of those.

Soul Sabre
01-06-2005, 01:22
Okay im back from Holiday :D
Hmm alot seem to give their swords but no examples on why they are advantageous in given situations or their drawbacks...

Ruglia
01-06-2005, 06:00
If anyone's interested, there's a collector in Snake Dance that gives a 15~22 Long Sword with +15% damage in stance. Needs 5 mountain troll tusks.

firstwave
01-06-2005, 08:06
it seems the best is 15-22, 15%, zealous hilt, fortitude pommel, 20% customized. But if u customize it, you cant sell it so unless u LOVE ur character, dont customize it :)

DIEnamic
02-06-2005, 04:37
But the GWOnline Page --> Item Modifier
said this is possible :confused:

http://www.gwonline.net/page.php?p=125#Swords

That guide is way outdated... it also says you can have a 5/1 Vampiric Hilt...

pryzmatik2
02-06-2005, 05:50
it seems the best is 15-22, 15%, zealous hilt, fortitude pommel, 20% customized. But if u customize it, you cant sell it so unless u LOVE ur character, dont customize it :)

Zealous hilts are not always the best, infact I never use zealous hilts because I can't stand the mana degen. Sure I'll be up front hacking away at foes and gaining energy, but there are times when you're low on health and have to run or resurrect an allie, but can't because you've not enough energy... So you'd have to either risk die'ing and try and get some quick hits off, or you gotta run and hope enemies don't catch up and cripple you or sprint after you until your energy regens.

Warriors already get the shaft with energy regeneration, and energy in general, and not all warrior builds fully utilize adrenal skills, so why push that further? :(

Spirit of Sephiroth
03-06-2005, 02:55
Wingblade
+15% over 50% health
Shocking Sword Hilt
Sword Pommel of Fortitude +30
Dye it Silver

Shocking Hilt Gives EVERY hit 25% armor piercing, and the 15% over 50 helps a lot too.

And ermmmm It looks pimp. :lol:

Lestat Requiem
03-06-2005, 03:07
Wingblade
+15% over 50% health
Shocking Sword Hilt
Sword Pommel of Fortitude +30
Dye it Silver

Shocking Hilt Gives EVERY hit 25% armor piercing, and the 15% over 50 helps a lot too.

And ermmmm It looks pimp. :lol:
Im not sure it give 25% on all attacks , only some lightning spells are 25 penetrations but not lightening damages in general :) i tryed lightening hilt on my sword :p same damage :P anyway im back for fire ^^

Torm Shadowbane
03-06-2005, 03:28
Heh, I want to get me a unmodded 20% while health is above 50% Wingblade/Butterfly Sword. Then mod it with Sundering Sword Hilt (10% chance for +10% armor penetration) and a Pommel for Fortitude (+30 HP).

Sundering Wingblade of Fortitude / Sundering Butterfly Sword of Fortitude
15-22 Damage
+20% Damage While Health is Above 50%
+20% Damage (Customized for Torm Shadowbane)
+10% Armor Penetration (10% Chance)
+30 Health While Equipped

This will be my main sword, once I get enough cash and everything together. :D

...then it will be time to work on my Shield.

Shield of the Wing / Aegis Shield
16 Armor Strength Requirement 8-10
+30 HP When Equipped
-3 Damage Received When Enchanted

Yes, I know I will have to build a mint to purchase these items.... but mark my words... some day I shall own them!

Lestat Requiem
03-06-2005, 03:59
Heh, I want to get me a unmodded 20% while health is above 50% Wingblade/Butterfly Sword. Then mod it with Sundering Sword Hilt (10% chance for +10% armor penetration) and a Pommel for Fortitude (+30 HP).

Sundering Wingblade of Fortitude / Sundering Butterfly Sword of Fortitude
15-22 Damage
+20% Damage While Health is Above 50%
+20% Damage (Customized for Torm Shadowbane)
+10% Armor Penetration (10% Chance)
+30 Health While Equipped

This will be my main sword, once I get enough cash and everything together. :D

...then it will be time to work on my Shield.

Shield of the Wing / Aegis Shield
16 Armor Strength Requirement 8-10
+30 HP When Equipped
-3 Damage Received When Enchanted

Yes, I know I will have to build a mint to purchase these items.... but mark my words... some day I shall own them!

Hehe count 10-20 k for sword unmoded 20% ^^
more than 30k for +30hp
around 5-10 k for sundering :P

Outch for a sword

Eraser
03-06-2005, 05:48
is an icy hilt any good compared to a firey hilt?
how much do one of those go for?

Torm Shadowbane
03-06-2005, 05:54
Yes, I'd estimate it'd cost about 100k to put it all together, maybe even as much as 120k. But it's worth it, because I don't think there is a better sword out there.

Shield is another matter all together. I'd estimate that it alone will cost between 40k-75k.

So that's about 200k for a sword and shield. Not including Superior Rune of Absorption and Superior Rune of Vigor. My character is a tank, so I won't be using any Major or Minor Runes that give a negative hit to HP. Will be using Minor Rune of Swordsmanship for +13 Swordsmanship, Minor Rune of Strength along with a Helm for +10 Strength. (Rest of points are in Healing Prayers, which I am considering switching to Protection or Tactics.)

Torm Shadowbane is a PvE Character. Normally for PvP I use a Healing Monk.

I'm still debating on if I should switch to Axes. If I did the Axe would look the same as the sword above, with the exception of it being a Golden/Yellow Chaos Axe.

ISM
03-06-2005, 14:20
Here is my sword. I want to get a fortitude pommel replacement. its pretty sweet though

http://img106.echo.cx/img106/976/gwswordfelesh7xm.th.jpg (http://img106.echo.cx/my.php?image=gwswordfelesh7xm.jpg)

TW III
03-06-2005, 14:45
Zealous hilts are not always the best, infact I never use zealous hilts because I can't stand the mana degen. Sure I'll be up front hacking away at foes and gaining energy, but there are times when you're low on health and have to run or resurrect an allie, but can't because you've not enough energy... So you'd have to either risk die'ing and try and get some quick hits off, or you gotta run and hope enemies don't catch up and cripple you or sprint after you until your energy regens.

Warriors already get the shaft with energy regeneration, and energy in general, and not all warrior builds fully utilize adrenal skills, so why push that further? :(

Why don't you... simply switch to another weapon? If you're a good warrior you usually have several weapons, equipped with zealot mods, other mods, one with earth damage, on with normal melee damage and so on.

Heh, I want to get me a unmodded 20% while health is above 50%

+20% while above 50% doesn't exist.

Shocking Hilt Gives EVERY hit 25% armor piercing

No it doesn't.

Torm Shadowbane
03-06-2005, 15:58
+20% while above 50% doesn't exist.
It doesn't? Are you sure? If so then this site has incorrect information. ( http://www.gwonline.net/page.php?p=125 )

I am not too sure, granted I've never seen one with +20% but I own a Bow with +20% more damage while HP is below 50% and I met someone who has a bow that has +20% while hexed. So I know on the Bow +20% is possible, so it would seem logical that it would also be possible on Swords/Axes/Hammers as well.

TW III
03-06-2005, 16:27
+15% is the max for above 50%.

Cordio Muffinhead
03-06-2005, 16:48
Originally written by pryzmatik2:
Look at it here -
Yea, now I'm trying to show off my sword

Has anyone else looked at that pic?
That sword is bloody insane...

How much do you want for that?

pryzmatik2
04-06-2005, 04:26
TW III - I could get that variety of swords, but I'm simply just too lazy to switch between weapon sets and stuff :happy53:

And I second that shocking hilts DO NOT give any other bonus other than it converts physical damage to lightning damage.

Cordio Muffinhead - Not for trade... as of now... I'm still looking for better parts for it.

And to whoever said that this site has incorrect information, its because the information on that site about the sword parts is outdated, and was recorded during the betas.

jellyhead three six five
18-06-2005, 10:57
I have a sword +30 health mod, any ideas what its worth? :P
Thanks

Griffin
18-06-2005, 12:37
This seems like a good place to post this...

I found a rare Sundering Fellblade of Defense last night: Max damage, +14% damage while health > 50%, 9% chance of 10% armor penetration, and +5 defense. This seems like a pretty saucy sword; I'm making a warrior just to wield this. Anyone have an idea as to what it's worth? Thanks.

Garbad_the_Weak
18-06-2005, 16:19
Look at it here -

Yea, now I'm trying to show off my sword :happy53:Obvious photoshop. At least TRY to make the grid line up.

Garbad

WarriorOFfaith
18-06-2005, 18:49
Guys shouldn't bring up dead threads. And that sword is legit, i haven't seen it, but many kids questioned it earlier and they saw it in game, it is a real sword, just looks odd.

Starwind Fangsworth
19-06-2005, 02:02
Obvious photoshop. At least TRY to make the grid line up.

Nah, this was already argued on another thread, that sword's stats aren't photoshoped. Thats pryzmatik2 showing it to some other dude in-game.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v434/starwindtears/shortsword.jpg

Misha Krutkov
19-06-2005, 02:12
Nah, this was already argued on another thread, that sword's stats aren't photoshoped. Thats pryzmatik2 showing it to some other dude in-game.[/IMG]

Woo I'm famous (I'm the other dude).

Starwind Fangsworth
19-06-2005, 02:51
Woo I'm famous (I'm the other dude).

I thought that galavorn guy was the one with the mohawk, and the bald warrior was pryzmatik2. You must be the short blonde girl then.

Alot of people thought he photoshoped that image, lol.
I was reading that discussion about this on another thread, and thought to myself... "nah, no one can be that lame".

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v434/starwindtears/lolsword.bmp

Now that little 5 in the "Damage + 15%" mod does look kinda contarted and *might* give way to the idea that it was "photoshoped", but seriously...
Who would do something that lame?

Plus a few people posted a couple of screen shots of pryzmatik2 showing them the sword (the one I posted in my previous post for example).

Garbad_the_Weak
19-06-2005, 03:42
As a guy who has pulled of hoaxes like this, I can tell you its a fake. Download the image and zoom in. You will clearly see the lines where it was copied and pasted. It is a fake.

http://69.93.48.226/~wirsz/clan-honor//1/lossword3rx.png

Some highlights:

The grid doesn't match up.
You can see a line on the right side where the editor failed to adjust the tint.
The color of the "15%" is wrong and the size is off by 1 pixel.

Garbad

Starwind Fangsworth
19-06-2005, 08:37
As a guy who has pulled of hoaxes like this, I can tell you its a fake. Download the image and zoom in. You will clearly see the lines where it was copied and pasted. It is a fake.

Doesn't look like anyone's gonna convince you otherwise until you see it in-game I suppose. PM pryzmatik2 here on the forums, and ask him to show it to you in-game.

Lord Fraginator
20-06-2005, 16:59
http://img248.echo.cx/img248/2018/shockinsword8ww.th.png (http://img248.echo.cx/my.php?image=shockinsword8ww.png)

Iv had this sat in my inv for a while now, unsure on if, i should make a Sword weilding War, or just sell it.

roguebanshee
20-06-2005, 17:27
http://img248.echo.cx/img248/2018/shockinsword8ww.th.png (http://img248.echo.cx/my.php?image=shockinsword8ww.png)

Iv had this sat in my inv for a while now, unsure on if, i should make a Sword weilding War, or just sell it.
Depends. Do you need a - load of cash for something specific or do you want to play around with a sword guy at some point?

If it's the first, then go ahead and sell it for as much as you can. If it's the second then you'll unlikely find as good a sword again.

pryzmatik2
20-06-2005, 23:56

http://69.93.48.226/~wirsz/clan-honor//1/lossword3rx.png

Some highlights:

The grid doesn't match up.
You can see a line on the right side where the editor failed to adjust the tint.
The color of the "15%" is wrong and the size is off by 1 pixel.

Garbad

You too Garbad? :(

It's legit, I'm not even good with photoshop, though I'll admit I do have it installed :> The original screen shot looked like it was fake because I suck at taking screenshots? And I have a ****ty graphics card, and run the game on low low settings.

PS - We're you the one who said you found one of the new diablo runewords, it was like berberberumumum or something?

Edit - Whoever mentioned the 2 wars, one bald one with a mohawk, I'm the bald one.

Garbad_the_Weak
21-06-2005, 03:11
Yeah, I ran several april fool's hoaxes about runewords. I tricked a ton of people ;) And sorry, I meant no offense. I still think its fishy but if this many people so its legit, I back down.

I didn't mean to insult anyone, I apologize.

Garbad