PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever thought about Fire/Air ele?

darron
23-05-2005, 06:18
I was thinking of some of the devastating power that an Fire/Air elementalist might have. I havnt been playing this game very long but i do know that Fire is mainly Area of Effect things and Air is for single targets. Would it work to have say one or two fire spells that devastate an area and a few Air spells to take out single people while the Fire ones and causing confusion?

Myrrdyn
23-05-2005, 09:55
If the group is stupid enough to stand there while your AOE pounds away at them ..well..

think about this ..

Slow Hex > Earthquake > Aftershock > Glyph of Sacrifice > Meteor Swarm

Still risky but a lot better than just firing off massive costing abilities that people will just run away from.

Earthquake is a fairly quick casting spell, aftershock instant, glyph will grant you another instant cast so there you have it. All the while being slowed so they're not going to have a great chance at avoiding that first meteor raining from the sky :D

Xircon
23-05-2005, 19:38
If the group is stupid enough to stand there while your AOE pounds away at them ..well..

think about this ..

Slow Hex > Earthquake > Aftershock > Glyph of Sacrifice > Meteor Swarm

Still risky but a lot better than just firing off massive costing abilities that people will just run away from.

Earthquake is a fairly quick casting spell, aftershock instant, glyph will grant you another instant cast so there you have it. All the while being slowed so they're not going to have a great chance at avoiding that first meteor raining from the sky :D
Many will not run from an Aoe because "the target is almost dead" which is commonly not the case. Dropping an Aoe on top of a certian ally can scatter a group of enemies. Just dropping an Aoe on a group of guys in a stand off can motivate them to attack.

For this build, what kinds of skills you looking at and stat points? Maybe 11-energy, 10-fire, and 10-water. Then decide what skills you have and are going to be most important to the build and use a focus that gives faster recharge/cast rate for that type.

lordholy
23-05-2005, 20:29
I was thinking about this too, and I would have to admit that an AOE firemancer with Air Skills to back it up would be insane. Lets look at some quick tips though

armor- Each piece of your armor can have a rune in it, therefore i would put a minor of both fire / air / energy in my armor. now im +1 to all traits. weapon sets are another quick example. I currently use one set with stupid dmg but +10 to energy, I cast, and then swap over to my wand / foci, with 20% chance to increase skill on both of them, so 40% of the time im at an additional skill. rotating weapons for a elementalist is key. if you know your facing a pvp match, switch armor, with more air runes into it. if your pve, switch to more fire based.

if your trying to mix them both make a combo.

I personally have a geomancer set with major air / major vigor / energy. and my air wand and focus item to 20% each.

I would say this is by far the best build for dualementalist. Fire and AIR, both are mass dmg for both single and groups. you do need a monk though beleive me.

thats my 2 cents, and im sitll testing skill sets. remember you can switch armor and weapons on the fly, but skills your stuck with on the mission!

/danielle

darron
24-05-2005, 04:07
As i said, i havent been playing this long, so a lot of things are still new to me. I was looking at a skill builder program which allows you to add attributes to see the effect on skills. The best i found was...
11 energy
10 Fire
10 Air
(i think it was 11 air or fire but cant remember)
Anyone got any pointers as to what i should try, i'm guessing no ones really tried this out before so i might as well give it a go. Isnt that what refunds are for ^^

Xircon
24-05-2005, 04:58
As i said, i havent been playing this long, so a lot of things are still new to me. I was looking at a skill builder program which allows you to add attributes to see the effect on skills. The best i found was...
11 energy
10 Fire
10 Air
(i think it was 11 air or fire but cant remember)
Anyone got any pointers as to what i should try, i'm guessing no ones really tried this out before so i might as well give it a go. Isnt that what refunds are for ^^
Go for it and report back to us on how it works. :happy34:

Verity
24-05-2005, 15:38
I am fire and air and it works fine. I rarely use AoE. But I don't PvP a lot yet. The Fire/Air combo is deadly for long range mob elimination. I use Armor of Mist for speed and protection. Whirlwind to keep the mobs off of me so I can cut and run out of the center.

Fire 11-13
Air 10-12
Water 5-6
Earth 3 when in use for ward against foe
Energy 8-10

I will be trying out more earth skills and playng with the stats a bit more. But so far i'm happy and effective in team and solo play

All my armor is modified with runes to boost the stats. I have all 4 third eyes to switch between on the fly as the situation demands. They are also modified and some runes will stack well on them.

darron
25-05-2005, 04:59
Well so far it is working out great. Whirlwind is a lil ripper when you are getting bashed by a lot of things. its good to for when you;ve just cast The spell that rains fire (im such a nub ^^) and you want them to hold out around you for longer. I Still need more air skills as im only up to Divinity coast, but im getting there.

HawkFyre
25-05-2005, 07:08
I'm hoping you went to Ascalon Settlement to get Meteor Shower cause when I tested fire/air one of my fav things to do in pvp with it when I got swarmed by 3 W/Mo's was this

Start casting Meteor Shower with Whirlwind already lined up to go right after.

Meteor Shower has a delay before the first hit so Wirlwind knocks them down first, then Meteor does by the time they are off the ground you've gotten your next AOE spell off (Phoenix is my choice in this situation).

Its always fun :P