PDA

View Full Version : Ele/Me: Not so happy with the Ele part

rebthor
23-05-2005, 22:33
I have been playing an Ele/Me in PvE with a focus on Water/Domination. My problem is that I find that I am using much more of my Mesmer line that my Elementalist line.

When I look at the Me skill line, I want so many more of those skills on my bar that when I look at the Ele skills I have available. Now part of my problem could be that I have been focusing on the water side and have not yet been to Yak's Bend, where it seems there are several water skills I want.

Has anyone else had this frustration, and if so, did you work through it? I feel like the points I have put into water are "wasted" there, but for RP reasons I really wanted to have an "Ice Queen" and not sit there spamming the Lightning Orbs or Flares.

Thanks.

Xircon
23-05-2005, 22:38
I have been playing an Ele/Me in PvE with a focus on Water/Domination. My problem is that I find that I am using much more of my Mesmer line that my Elementalist line.

When I look at the Me skill line, I want so many more of those skills on my bar that when I look at the Ele skills I have available. Now part of my problem could be that I have been focusing on the water side and have not yet been to Yak's Bend, where it seems there are several water skills I want.

Has anyone else had this frustration, and if so, did you work through it? I feel like the points I have put into water are "wasted" there, but for RP reasons I really wanted to have an "Ice Queen" and not sit there spamming the Lightning Orbs or Flares.

Thanks.
Focusing on anything other than fire early is hard. I am a Water Ele now, but I did not switch to water until after I hit the desert. There just was not enough skills offered early on to be a water.

Do remember, you can switch stat points around and it is not limited to the 24 it says. You can rearn refund points for each 250 exp earned(think that is the right number). Switch over to Fire for a bit or just stay with mesmer stuff. Then when you start getting some of the skills you are looking for, switch over to water ele.

Diast
24-05-2005, 01:55
Focusing on anything other than fire early is hard. I am a Water Ele now, but I did not switch to water until after I hit the desert. There just was not enough skills offered early on to be a water.

Do remember, you can switch stat points around and it is not limited to the 24 it says. You can rearn refund points for each 250 exp earned(think that is the right number). Switch over to Fire for a bit or just stay with mesmer stuff. Then when you start getting some of the skills you are looking for, switch over to water ele.

Exactly, just stay as a pyromancer until you get some of the higher lvl skills that will make your build more complete.

That being said, I just got my geomancer build set up. Earthquake + aftershock + Eruption owns! Plus ward against melee and that one skill that blocks melee 75% for 10 seconds.. Armor of earth adds a ton of armor, stone daggers for spam. Pretty fun build, im really liking it.

Warskullx
24-05-2005, 03:44
Water isn't that great for PvE if you are a primary ele. Its damage is far surpassed by fire and air. The main advantage to water is the slowing hexes, however these are mainly useful in PvP and don't make a large difference in PvE. Water and Earth truely shine in PvP while Air and Fire tend to be the dominant forces in PvE.