PDA

View Full Version : Elementalist Capture Missions

Xircon
23-05-2005, 22:34
I was thinking this might be a good idea to try out. What about organizing some groups of people to just go out and capture skills. We can organize a group of 8 elementalists (primary and secondaries) to just go out and do a certain area to get a certain skills. Commonly I try to go capture a skill but the people in my group kill the dang guy to fast. But if we got a group together in here just to do that, we would not have to worry about it.

How I thought it would work would be someone to post a thread titled
Capture Mission - Area - Skill to capture such as:

Capture Mission - Thirsty River - Word of Healing

Then in the thread people could post a time, character names, and a Dist to meet up at. Be sure to post a time zone in your threads as well. I would be willing to lead some of these missions as well.

This could also be extended to cover quests that give skills as well but may not be as popular.

phxcityslick
23-05-2005, 22:50
Where do you find that ability?

Xircon
23-05-2005, 22:56
Where do you find that ability?

Find what ability? Capture skills? In LA you get the capture signet as a quest reward.

Diceclock
23-05-2005, 23:03
I don't know why everyone finds it so hard. I captured my elite in Thirsty River off a boss, first time I ever laid eyes on him. It was myself and 4 other random guys I'd never seen before or since.

We beat his minions down.

We beat him down.

We waited for him to cast it.

I captured it the first try.

We beat him to death. Easy.

P.S. A little Monk Trick you can do is bring Heal Area and henchies, and basically stand there and heal the crap out of the boss if he goes down to fast.

Xircon
23-05-2005, 23:12
I am not saying it has been hard, I just thought setting some things up like this would make it easier specially for the people who do not know where the skills are. The only time it gets hard is like word of healing. I know it is located in several areas and I find is easiest to just get it in Thirsty River but it is all the way at the end of the missions. Many times the group I am with is unpatient to wait for the guy to cast the skill or just simply kill the guy before you can capture the skill. But havinga group together with everyones intention is to capture a skill might help others out amd builds community.

Being a monk primary it is really easy to take henchman on missions. But my henchman have killed guys before I could capture a skill. Not being a monk, it is harder to do missions with henchman.

I do like the idea of heal party. But if there is 4 or 5 people hammering on one guy, they could kill it faster than you could capture it, which has happened to me. If the monster dies and you are trying to capture, the capture fails.

phxcityslick
23-05-2005, 23:36
sorry for my noobness but what is la??? and yes the capture signet

UndeadBehlial
23-05-2005, 23:44
LA is Lions Arch, the Trading Center of the game and the city just about in the center of the storyline. Once you hit LA, you're halfway done with GW.

phxcityslick
23-05-2005, 23:46
Thank you... i guess i'm not anywhere near that .... i still have to finish a few others then just got done with supplies and working on getting the duaghter ..

Xircon
24-05-2005, 04:01
LA is Lions Arch, the Trading Center of the game and the city just about in the center of the storyline. Once you hit LA, you're halfway done with GW.

I think LA is more around 1/4 distance wise. But the later missions get much harder so in the end, I think it is more 1/8 time wise.

Torry
24-05-2005, 15:15
LA is newbietown.
Draknors forge is lvl 20 newbietown? (where I currently am!)