PDA

View Full Version : Necrotic traversal anyone?

Katiapain
23-05-2005, 23:45
Has anyone seen Necrotic Traversal actually work?

Desmodas
24-05-2005, 01:02
Has anyone seen Necrotic Traversal actually work?

Yes. I have it. I advise caution when using this power. It does cures those around the corpse you teleport to but you have no control of wich corpse.

I used this power while grouping and it caused me to get seperated from the group and my pet (my secondary is Ranger). We were traveling through a gorge and char were attacking us from above. I used to Necrotic Traversal to get closer and take aggro since I was the highest level on the group. Once the Char were defeated I had on way of getting back down. Talk about a moment where a simply jump would have been very handy. :winking47

Katiapain
24-05-2005, 04:22
Yes. I have it. I advise caution when using this power. It does cures those around the corpse you teleport to but you have no control of wich corpse.

I used this power while grouping and it caused me to get seperated from the group and my pet (my secondary is Ranger). We were traveling through a gorge and char were attacking us from above. I used to Necrotic Traversal to get closer and take aggro since I was the highest level on the group. Once the Char were defeated I had on way of getting back down. Talk about a moment where a simply jump would have been very handy. :winking47

I can't seem to use it in pvp matches never tried it in rp. Has anyone used it in pvp matches. I know there were deaths from our side and theirs so I know there were bodies but I try to cast it and it said wrong target or something everytime.

Railen Shatterskull
24-05-2005, 19:11
The range is a bit limited on it, which might have been your problem. In my own experience, it's got a slightly shorter range than a ranger with a longbow. As for pvp, no, I haven't used it there. Didn't really see the point of it in pvp because of the randomness of it. Hard to imagine when I would actually give up another skill slot for defense or offense just to be able to jump around in pvp. Maybe in a gvg battle getting through the locked gates, but then it would basically be you solo against the other guild until your team got the gate up.

Katiapain
26-05-2005, 01:55
I hadn't thought the range would be that short since it doesn't indicate a range in the spell description. My idea would be running from two large W/MO goons in a 4 on 4 pvp match and then teleporting accross the map to where my friends died so I can rez them and simultaineously poisoning the two goons in the process. If there is a range limitation then this spell would only be usefull for poisoning the enemy and possibly depleting corpses from enemy necros.

Hart
26-05-2005, 02:28
Actually, it poisons targets around the location you arrive at, not the location you leave from. Add to that the fact that it's got a full one second cast time and teleports you to a RANDOM corpse, and you've got one of the most useless necro spells out there because you can't aim it. If it was instant and had much larger range, it might be nice for getting away from an attacker.

I've heard that there are missions where you can kill a mob on the other side of a wall using direct fire skills and then use Necrotic Traversal or Consume Corpse to travel to the other side of the wall; I'm not sure how this would be beneficial in most cases because your party is still back where you left them and you're stuck.

ShadisLecrou
26-05-2005, 02:37
Necrotic Traversal has the same drawback in PvP that most Necro death skills have, in that it requires a corpse to work. Add to that the randomness of it, and it does become difficult to work with. It is a pretty powerful spell, though, when it works. Poisoning a whole group of enemies is never a bad thing. Especially since poison is a condition, not a hex. But yeah, I probably wouldn't PvP with it. I've had some fun with it in PvE, though, especially since the enemies tend to group up alot more easily than they do in PvP (which is the other big problem in PvP...you exploit a corpse only to find that the nearest enemy isn't close enough to get poisoned).

Mackevili
26-05-2005, 16:43
The Randomness from NT makes it very difficult to use in pvp (to answer your question it has worked for me in pvp) because of how random it is. At the begining of a pvp match it may be a little useful, but once people start getting killed and rezzed over and over, you never know where you are going to go. I rather save the corpse for a good 110 corpse explosion any day, at least with that you know at least where the explosion is going to come from.

Katiapain
27-05-2005, 03:12
Ok with actual testing this spell does not work in pvp at least for me. Every time I cast it, doesn't matter if I'm close to a body standing on a body or very far, it say's invalid spell target. Now I know there were available corpse because after failing thats spells casting I would cast raise minion or corpse explosion, both of which worked fine. But I did get invalid target everytime I casted Necro Travel

Necro Idol
27-05-2005, 10:19
I think it was thirsty river. I nec/trav'd pass the wall and lured some of the roving mobs over close to the wall so my group could wipe them out prior to openning the gate. This was a great help since openning the gate starts the time limit. Nec/trav made an otherwise extremely difficult mission much more reasonable.