PDA

View Full Version : Yet another W/Mo build question...don't kill me...

Chronus24
24-05-2005, 05:57
Since I kept hearing about them so much, I wanted to be a little cookie-cutter myself and try out the W/Mo build. I'm trying to be a LITTLE bit different in the fact that I want to use a hammer. The main problems I'm running into are
a) There isn't anything horribly wrong with the hammers, right?
b) What sort of skill combos work well with hammers?
and c) The monk spells are overwhelming. I honestly don't know where to start or go (smite, protect, heal). Could someone advise me as to what has worked in the past for W/Mo's as far as the monk skills.

I understand the nebulousness of my queries here, but I appreciate any insights you might share.

TW III
24-05-2005, 06:03
Make a knockdown build using stonefist gauntlets and Judges insight.

Hunt3r_kill4
24-05-2005, 06:24
Are you looking more for Pure damage, balanced (Healing + dmg) or protection + damage?

Chronus24
24-05-2005, 08:50
I'm intrigued by the concept of "soloing" some places and not having my *** handed to me by an Aloe Seed...but at the same time I don't want to be the type of W/Mo that everyone hates, however that seems to be more based on player mentality than build itself. Does this shed any light on my convoluded aspirations?

And what are these stonefist gauntlets you speak of?

Draegos
24-05-2005, 14:04
I suggest that you try out multiple builds. You can always move your attribute points back around. I have multiple times (W/Mo17).

I started off as smiter, then added some healing when I had a few extra points lying around. This was okay, but I just didn't excel at either one. So, I took my points out of healing and put them in smiting prayers. I liked this, but then I got a lot of warrior damage dealing skills and found I wasn't using the smiting stuff.

So, now I have switched all my "monk" points to healing prayers. There are good skill combos for going out by myself (or almost so) or for partying up with my guild brethren.

I am never the main healer but I can augment the main healer. You can't expect for one healer to heal everyone constantly in a larger party against tough foes anyway.

I have never tried the protection prayers.

Gorki
24-05-2005, 18:40
Make a knockdown build using stonefist gauntlets and Judges insight.

could u perhaps tell me wich quest u get these from or where u cna buy them??,

Titan Member
24-05-2005, 20:51
Stonefist Gauntlets can be purchased in Amnoon Oasis and in Droknars Forge (these are 10 higher in armor than the Amnoon ones). But you still have a long enough way to go after Amnoon Oasis to get to Droknars, so it's worth the $ to get them at both places.