PDA

View Full Version : N/Me or Me/N

UncleJemima
24-05-2005, 15:04
You guys think N/Me or Me/N is a better general build for a warrior killer class? Do Necros have better armor?
I already started a N/Me because I saw it as a template class in the PvP chars menu, but I am noticing alot of Me/Ns on the forum, what do you guys think?

btw i already have a level 20 me/mo

Nobleman Azure
24-05-2005, 17:41
either can function as a warrior killer, it depends on what skillset you use.

Tsume
25-05-2005, 06:44
You guys think N/Me or Me/N is a better general build for a warrior killer class? Do Necros have better armor?
I already started a N/Me because I saw it as a template class in the PvP chars menu, but I am noticing alot of Me/Ns on the forum, what do you guys think?

btw i already have a level 20 me/mo

Either one is viable.

Neither Fast Casting nor Soul Reaping has skills relevant to an anti melee build, so your in the clear either way. I like fast casting to give me a little edge on casting myself, but Soul Reaping is very nice too.

Id look at going to three attribute branches. Sympathetic Visage and Soothing Immages are both excelent, and Empathy is also pretty good as a shutdown skill. Most Warriors tend to hit through Empathy which is a mistake since your probably doing 25 damage a swing they do. Really puts some damage on over time, and their healers have to waste energy healing their guy who wouldnt stop hitting. Blinding skills like Ineptitude and Signet of Midnight are also nice to have, as blind makes em miss quite a bit.

Youve also got the speed debuffs but, they are costly and I prefer the attack speed debuffs on the Necro side of thigns myself. Faintheartedness and Shadow of Fear are both nice for that. Enfeeble and Enfeebling Blood are both good for the weakness which reduces Warrior effectiveness. Insidious Parasite is a good health regain and damage doer. Ive seen this and Empathy tear a non aware Warrior apart.

Price of Faiulre is another nice one. It will trigger on any miss regardless of a cause, so if you blind a target then throw Price of Failure on it, if he swings he'll do nothing but hurt himself.

There is some nice damage stacking potential on the targets, but the most important thing is to hinder them really. You will do more good by making them miss than you will by actually damaging them so keep that in mind when you make your skill selection.

Era
25-05-2005, 06:53
Either one is viable.

Neither Fast Casting nor Soul Reaping has skills relevant to an anti melee build, so your in the clear either way. I like fast casting to give me a little edge on casting myself, but Soul Reaping is very nice too.

Id look at going to three attribute branches. Sympathetic Visage and Soothing Immages are both excelent, and Empathy is also pretty good as a shutdown skill. Most Warriors tend to hit through Empathy which is a mistake since your probably doing 25 damage a swing they do. Really puts some damage on over time, and their healers have to waste energy healing their guy who wouldnt stop hitting. Blinding skills like Ineptitude and Signet of Midnight are also nice to have, as blind makes em miss quite a bit.

Youve also got the speed debuffs but, they are costly and I prefer the attack speed debuffs on the Necro side of thigns myself. Faintheartedness and Shadow of Fear are both nice for that. Enfeeble and Enfeebling Blood are both good for the weakness which reduces Warrior effectiveness. Insidious Parasite is a good health regain and damage doer. Ive seen this and Empathy tear a non aware Warrior apart.

Price of Faiulre is another nice one. It will trigger on any miss regardless of a cause, so if you blind a target then throw Price of Failure on it, if he swings he'll do nothing but hurt himself.

There is some nice damage stacking potential on the targets, but the most important thing is to hinder them really. You will do more good by making them miss than you will by actually damaging them so keep that in mind when you make your skill selection.

What are you tsume?

10domination
10inspiration
10curses
5fastcasting or something?

I can't decide between curses and bloodmagic because curses are really good to cripple your opponent but blood magic keeps you alive and also cripples your opponent but not as much as curses. I need help :(

UncleJemima
25-05-2005, 16:19
Well in terms of armor and weapons, is there any advantage in either class?

Nobleman Azure
25-05-2005, 19:37
I like the mesmers rogue set if its protection against warriors as well as performers set giving +15 AL while casting spells