PDA

View Full Version : W/N Owned! :(

Neandro Thal
24-05-2005, 19:11
Hello all,

Last night was first time to the TOMBS. It was fun and eye opening and basically got my arse handed to me 10x in a row. I've done PvP in other games and probably an average PvPer, not really into hotkeys and binds, etc. My current build was designed to take out tanks who were attacking our monk.

W/N
str: 8
blood: 9
curse: 8
sword: 10

Gash, Sever, Final thrust, Pure strike, Siphon life, Faintheartedness, Weaken armor, Well of blood.

I was with 3 guildmates on Ventrillo, other 4 were pickups. There is a huge difference between the other arenas and the TOMBS. The teams are amazing, very organized. I just couldnt do enough dmg, couldnt even kill the monks, and trying to find a target in a 5 team x 8 person matchup was totally impossible. After scrolling thru 30 names, Id be dead already. HELP!

Hooshang
25-05-2005, 00:02
if you need more health, go with life transfer instead of siphon. besides, you dont have an elite skill anyways.

also, dont use faintheartedness, shadow of fear is better since it lasts longer and can hit multiple people if they're adjacent. though i really dont think anti warrior skills are useful for a warrior since you're usually focusing on casters. but since you want to take out tankers, just add enfeeble or enfeebling blood and that should screw up warriors for a good amount of time. dont bother killing them, just mess them up so they're worthless out there.

weaken armor is a very nice skill vs casters, thats a keeper. same with your sword skills. however, if you dont take a focus, replace pure strike with galrath slash since you might end up having to use a lot of energy for your necro skills.

why do you have 8 strength if you dont have any strength skills? take them off and add them to sword if you can. you deal damage with your sword so might as well get your sword skill as high as you can so you can kill faster.

RotJ
25-05-2005, 01:01
You really ought to have an elite by now. Go capture Grenth's Balance from the Necro Dragon. Use a lot of self-sacrifice skills to get your health down, and then zap a full health player to get +200 health and deal +200 damage.

Neandro Thal
25-05-2005, 03:34
why do you have 8 strength if you dont have any strength skills? take them off and add them to sword if you can. you deal damage with your sword so might as well get your sword skill as high as you can so you can kill faster.

8 strength for my AC 16 shield (req str 8). Maybe I should just ditch the shield and go with a energy thingy? Put all my points into Sword, Blood, and Curses?

Elites: yes, I definately want to try out 100 blade and Life transfer.

Hooshang
25-05-2005, 11:09
i personally use victory is mine for heals so that way i can use shields and still get heals which you cant do with blood. but then again, i prefer curses with a w/n.

Neandro Thal
25-05-2005, 18:07
i personally use victory is mine for heals so that way i can use shields and still get heals which you cant do with blood. but then again, i prefer curses with a w/n.

What is this? Cant get heals from Blood if you are using sheilds? I use Siphon Life all the time and it works.

Taxed
30-05-2005, 21:18
Personally, I'd find a way to increase blood magic to 12...more damage for the siphon and more heal from well of blood, amoung other things...

TW III
30-05-2005, 21:39
personally I'd stop using crappy selfheals in pvp.

Im Bogus
30-05-2005, 22:50
i read this posts and i cry :eek:

first: WELL OF BLOOD ????? IN A PVP TOMBS ????... dont dare to go near Tombs if u thing that will help ya

sec: a 4 attr player is hard to play since u thing u can do everything... u have no team support... u can heal a bit urself... ok ... but i cant find any strategy or secuense to use the skills

u need to focus ur build to help ur team in a specific way.

NO noob in tombs

Cantos
31-05-2005, 13:59
I was doing a death magic W/N earlier today in tombs. Well of Profane for 18 seconds in a king of the hill, Virulence as soon as I got bleeding or crippled on a target, it was pretty good. Strip enchantment is useful without any attributes too.

DutchSmurf
31-05-2005, 17:40
i read this posts and i cry :eek:

first: WELL OF BLOOD ????? IN A PVP TOMBS ????... dont dare to go near Tombs if u thing that will help ya

sec: a 4 attr player is hard to play since u thing u can do everything... u have no team support... u can heal a bit urself... ok ... but i cant find any strategy or secuense to use the skills

u need to focus ur build to help ur team in a specific way.

NO noob in tombs

First: Well of Blood can be very nice in PvP. Just try it out and see yourself

Second: a 4 attribute is hard to play, but also hard to counter, since you have a lot of options. He has more team support then any W/Mo I have seen so far, he has better selfheal then a W/Mo and after some training, will be a better warrior then most of the W/Mo's too.

In other words, think first before you start calling people noobs.

And btw, selfheal in PvP can help you team more then anything else. When your monks don't need to heal you, they can concentrate on themselves, making it possible for you to actually win a battle. Also nice when your monks are dead and you need to flee and regroup or when you need just that little more time to kill that enemy monk.

ericTHEross
01-06-2005, 23:43
I'm a 20N/W and personally find well of blood very useful in PvP. I use this skill along with life siphon in this strategy:

Usually I wait with my group till the other team charges then drop a few life siphons as they are running towards us. Then my team focus fires, and when the body drops I put up a well of blood. This strategy can render me almost invincable for a good ten seconds with over 10 points of regen (as long as I stay in the wells range). It is also a very useful boost for your team and takes a little pressure off the monks. It's important to recast your life siphons as they begin to run out and continue casting well of blood when a corpse drops. This strategy is much more viable for the N/W rather then the W/N because of the high energy costs. After playing with many different tactics I've found this strategy the best way to keep my necro alive and still deal damage.

toor
02-06-2005, 01:21
I am a succesful PvPer and would agree that Well of Blood is decent. However there is absolutely no reason the warrrior should be carrying it. For a W/N I would put in curses instead of blood. Like somoene mentioned dont use crappy self heals. Rather focus on dmg and mobility. You need either Hamstring or Sprint (if people already have slows on ur team). Then for curses im thinking weaken armor and rigor mortis(so the aegis happy monks can learn their place). But in the end their is no substitute for good team work and targeting. From what I hear you say I have the suspicion that you have no designated target caller and thus its going to be over before it begins.