PDA

View Full Version : Need some advise with a Necro build...

silvercreech
24-05-2005, 23:21
I have necro as my primary class and ele. as my second but I've been thinking about doing some solo-farming and I was wondering if having ele. as my second class would be good for this. I was thinking about maybe changing him to a N/Mo but wasn't sure if it would be affective for soloing. What do you guys think? Also what would be some good skills to use and what are some good ways to distribute attribute points? Thanks in advance for your time.

hotdogtesting
25-05-2005, 06:07
In my experience, N/El are extremely energy intensive if your goal is to solo (which naturally involves tanking). N/Mo is not much better in those terms. Also consider that many high-level areas contain a great deal of monsters that counter N/El and N/Mo defense spells. That is, these areas contain a great deal of creatures with anti-enchantment spells. Any N/El or N/Mo caught with their enchantments down dies soon after.

I would argue that the N/Me would be far more effective. As a N/Me, you can utilise a great many of non-conditional defense spells that can only be broken by a few spells or skills, many of which monsters do not use. I am speaking of the stances that N/Me offers. They are cheap and they do not interrupt your casting.

You may think that a N/W would be better, but N/W defense spells are either life stealing, which are undependable in many situations and energy intensive, or adrenaline stances, which require getting hit (never a good thing with your armor).

rayxor
25-05-2005, 16:01
I play a Ne/El based with Death/Curses/Air

solo isnt much of a problem with minions. Although I wouldnt recommend curses for solo..maybe blood would be a better option. I like the knock down effects of air magic, some folks prefer fire damage aoe..however air has gale which is a fairly quick spell to cast and works very well with grouped mobs.

as for energy..ya its a bit of a task. solo would relieve you of your res signet slot so you could use your glyph which comes in handy.

If I were to build a solo ne/el build I would probably do Death/Blood/Fire

would be a fairly difficult role to solo, but I can think of much tougher..I think you may struggle more with a ne/mo but..well thats my opinion.

snowkissed
25-05-2005, 16:35
I've got a N/E and my focus has been Blood/Fire. Spells like firestorm and Phoenix helped when you've got a relatively "big" crowd, however my not using Death magic makes soloing rather difficult. If you want to solo as a N/E, I'd suggest putting a fair amount into Death magic, raising minions, but also keep the Blood magic as its life stealing which is very nice for yourself.

Elementalist is pretty good for secondary, but a lot of the time you'll find yourself sitting there waiting for either energy to regen or your skills to be ready again :P Mesmer is good because they have a lot of energy stealing skills, though Elementalist has one or two if I remember correctly.

Snow
--------------------
Amethyst Dyreneza
N/E
Maiki Azair
W/R
Catishi Fokusama
E/Undecided
Taelaina Jonthar
Me/Mo

Nahakra Brakhir
26-05-2005, 08:58
if you want to go solo, take ranger as second option

get your beast mastery high, getting your pet strong
primary: death magic

with your pet making the first kill , summon some minions, in that case you wont have annny prob for farming, get death very haigh, sumoning lvl 10 minions, take dark aura taste of death and blood of he master with ya, for your pet charm comfort call of haste and brutal strike or something for your pet, exclelent farming combo!!

ShadisLecrou
26-05-2005, 16:38
Actually, Curses are very good solo in alot of areas. Especially if you go into areas with alot of melee type mobs. They tend to cluster together more, making curses like Suffering more effective. That is, if you're soloing areas where you'll have 3 or 4 mobs on you at a time. For areas where you can pick single targets, lots of Blood spells are best.

I've started playing with Death/Curses recently, though, and like it alot. When you get 3 or 4 enemies mobbed together, you hit them with Suffering, and then slap Insidious Parasite, Parasitic Bond, and Mark of Pain on one target, and pound away at him. When he drops, you fire off Necrotic Traversal and poison the rest of his buddies, making them drop like sacks of flour.

Ideally, you should try to find a single or 2-man mob team to take out first so that you can go into each subsequent fight with minions. So your build would probably look something like Animate Bone Horror, Suffering, Insidious Parasite, Parasitic Bond, Mark of Pain, Necrotic Traversal, and 2 others. Probably Verata's Sacrifice and Blood of the Master. Or if you're a N/R you can bring Charm and Comfort. Or since you're an Elementalist, 2 AoE damage spells to make taking out those groups of mobs even faster.

TheQuickness
26-05-2005, 16:43
if you want to go solo, take ranger as second option

get your beast mastery high, getting your pet strong
primary: death magic

with your pet making the first kill , summon some minions, in that case you wont have annny prob for farming, get death very haigh, sumoning lvl 10 minions, take dark aura taste of death and blood of he master with ya, for your pet charm comfort call of haste and brutal strike or something for your pet, exclelent farming combo!!

Only problem with this is its fairly difficult to keep the mobs attacking your pet, the AI in this game seems to make certain enemies(mostly warrior class mobs) attack the weakest first, with high level pet and high beast mastery you would be the weakest and hence they would attack you.

another group of mobs that likes to attack weak people/casters first seems to be imps, which are usually in the way of the more simple farming places like divinity coast.

Death magic and minions however is BAD for soloing. Minion masters require a few corpses to begin to play well, even with a pet you wont kill things fast enough to get an army and you will find that the pattern will be either: pet attacks, pet kills, raise minions, minions die, pet almost dies, pet kills, raise minions, minions die, pet dies, you die; or pet attacks, you get attacked, you die because you have no defensive skills; or pet attacks, pet dies, you die.
(Thinking specifically of divinity here)
I suggest however that you do not Solo at all...instead you should Duo.

Play as N/W or N/Me(the mantras are very cool) and have a friend play as E/Mo. If you keep up the correct mantra and/or aura of the lich a simple healing breeze will suffice for healing, drake hunting doesnt give many corpses so do away with the summons and use DoT hexes, and give drakes weakness(They do hit you with melee as well right?) then you just try to tank as much damage as you can while your E/Mo friend uses indirect damage spells to put the hurt on them. if you are N/W you can bring hamstring with you to keep them from getting you your friend if they try. also because some powerful E skills are very energy intensive you can give them more energy regen with...blood sacrifice? (too lazy to look up the name right now)

People put too much into soloing. Its much easier, more enjoyable, and just as profitable to play with 1 or 2 friends. Unless of course your chest running which I would NOT suggest for a necro main.

kalson
26-05-2005, 17:00
well for myself , i usually dun solo , but i duo wit my guild mate :surprise: and we always make a deal , like im a necro, i get all the necro stuff , and hes a ele, so he gets all the ele stuff, but everytime we duo, all the good stuff drops for him, but he gives it to me cuz its all necro :love57:
rite now my necro/mes, is quite good, i can solo sometimes, just not a big mob
i add points to blood , soul reaping, and illusion * thinkin i mite go to death or domination not sure* :confused: