PDA

View Full Version : W/Mo or W/Ranger

Seras Deschain
25-05-2005, 07:00
I've been getting bored of my Ele/Me so I decided to test out some new builds. What i'm wondering is how does W/Mo and W/Ranger differ and if one is actually better than the other. So far I've been playing around with W/Mo in pre-sear and its pretty fun. Was thinking about a W/Ranger also though and was wondering if its worth it and what its capabilities are. Thanks in advance for any help! :D

ablethelionheart
25-05-2005, 08:52
I'm a W/M but I think that W/R would be real fun because of the pet and also you able to use the bow with added streghth and you get from fun traps as well.

TerraHero
25-05-2005, 14:03
seeing as traps cost from 15-25 energy. I dunt think that will be much of an option. Also many primairy rangers agree that traps are rahter useless, seeing as they require a good timing and co-ordination.

Best get ranger's side for his ability to dodge stuff, and another succes i heard was apply poison wich makes your weapon poisoness, this goes for anyway, inlcuding axes, and swords and such.

Markheim
25-05-2005, 14:42
With a W/R bleeding & poison can be a very effective combination. Pets add some attacking power and can act as a mini-tank but I've heard they can get in the way when paired with a melee character.

The main advantage of a W/Mo as I see it would be the protection prayers but I suspect W/R might give you a wider range of skills.

zapka
25-05-2005, 17:19
It's hard to determine if either would be better than the other, but here's my take on both of them anyway.

A W/Mo is undoubtebly a good combination. Lots of people use it. Most W/Mos go for healing spells like Healing Breeze or Mending. An example of a good skill combination would be casting Vigorous Spirit on yourself and then using one of the Warrior AOE attacks like Cyclone Axe. This allows you to heal yourself while attacking foes. Also, some other Monk smiting skills really help out a Warrior. Balthazar's Spirit for faster adrenaline gain, and Judge's Insight for much added damage.

A W/R , which is probably the least popular secondary for a Warrior, actually does show potential to be a good combination as well. One of the obvious skill combinations would be Apply Poison and a Warrior AOE attack. A dodge skill like Dryder's Defenses also could prove to be a great skill. The only problem I see with a W/R is the limited number of self-heals. Troll Unguent just doesn't seem to cut it for me. Neither does the Healing Signet. I would think that the elite Warrior skill Victory is Mine would be the best choice.

Both the W/Mo and W/R are good builds. Actually all builds have potential to be good. Just experiment and continue to have fun with it.