PDA

View Full Version : My Air Ele 1v1 attack plan

Diast
25-05-2005, 11:06
Here's how I will do it:

15 in air magic, 12 in energy storage.

Cast Lightning Surge to begin, the dmg is delayed by 3 seconds. While waiting for Lightning surge, cast Lightning Orb. The delay from lightning surge + the delay from lightning orb lines up perfectly, and the enemy takes roughly 200+ dmg at one moment + Knocked down. Next, cast lightning strike becuase it has no delay, another 50+ dmg there. By this time, the person is standing and right about to cast a heal spell. This is when you cast gale on them. Bam, knockdown again, this time for 3 seconds. This is where you hit them hard with chain lightning, followed up by lighting jav + lightning strike, both hitting for 50+ more dmg, + 100+ more for chain lightning.

In total it brings up more than 450 dmg all while being knocked down. I haven't tested it yet only becuase I dont have lightning surge just yet, gotta go get that soon.

also, if there is a healer around, or if they don't die from all that, I can cast gale on them again for another knockdown and follow up with another lightning orb + lightning strike for a quick 150+ dmg.

Comments?

this_barb
26-05-2005, 19:15
Sounds like your bread and butter air ele

Thervold
27-05-2005, 21:12
I've tried a similar air elementalist, and I've learned that
1) it's hard to time the knockdowns against their healing since most monk heals are quite fast
2) a mesmer with backfire can really mess up your day
3) although few rangers carry concussion shot, they can easily hit you with it during chain lighting. I've experienced how annoying this can be in at least two battles.

However, you have caught on to how to use an air elementalist. Their strength is in draining their energy for a series of heavy hitting spells, hopefully causing enough spike damage to kill off a wounded foe. I used ether renewal to help stave off the energy drain and heal myself a little, but I still found that for best effectiveness, I would have to let my energy pool recharge before the next volley.

Ice Blessings
27-05-2005, 22:59
I won't say "lol it won't work" for your thoughts about it.. and that you can roufly do 450 damage within a 10 second timing..

However.. I can heal myself alone 210 per cast (which energy is 5) and another 200 something plus with another spell right beside it (which enery is also 5) and both time renegeration is 2 and 5 till I can use again. So I can heal myself about 400+ hp within 5 seconds.. of course not all monks are skilled or have good spells, so i think u would work well against em.

~Ice Blessings~

TheTape
27-05-2005, 23:33
I'm an experianced air ele I'm about 1,000 Fame ^_^ That is basically what I do without gale, since I have a mesmer secondary. So this is what I basically keep up channeling and air attunement. If you have noticed that air ele's exhaustion goes up really fast when your using Surge, Gale, and Chain Lighting. With channeling and air attunement that cancels it out. If you have any questions on what skills or anything I use in my build PM me. I can help you out.

TheTape
27-05-2005, 23:34
I won't say "lol it won't work" for your thoughts about it.. and that you can roufly do 450 damage within a 10 second timing..

However.. I can heal myself alone 210 per cast (which energy is 5) and another 200 something plus with another spell right beside it (which enery is also 5) and both time renegeration is 2 and 5 till I can use again. So I can heal myself about 400+ hp within 5 seconds.. of course not all monks are skilled or have good spells, so i think u would work well against em.

~Ice Blessings~

but what are you going to do when there is two Air Elementists attack you using that same combo, and another knockdown warrior? I'd say your screwed...Even with your team-mates healing you.

dirtycash
28-05-2005, 10:11
Here's how I will do it:

15 in air magic, 12 in energy storage.

Cast Lightning Surge to begin, the dmg is delayed by 3 seconds. While waiting for Lightning surge, cast Lightning Orb. The delay from lightning surge + the delay from lightning orb lines up perfectly, and the enemy takes roughly 200+ dmg at one moment + Knocked down. Next, cast lightning strike becuase it has no delay, another 50+ dmg there. By this time, the person is standing and right about to cast a heal spell. This is when you cast gale on them. Bam, knockdown again, this time for 3 seconds. This is where you hit them hard with chain lightning, followed up by lighting jav + lightning strike, both hitting for 50+ more dmg, + 100+ more for chain lightning.

In total it brings up more than 450 dmg all while being knocked down. I haven't tested it yet only becuase I dont have lightning surge just yet, gotta go get that soon.

also, if there is a healer around, or if they don't die from all that, I can cast gale on them again for another knockdown and follow up with another lightning orb + lightning strike for a quick 150+ dmg.

Comments?

OMFG!!! THATS AMAZING!!

Oh wait... thats just like every single other team out there right now. Yay!! Its the NEW W/Mo!!!

Nobleman Azure
29-05-2005, 10:49
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v203/koorisan/cookiecutter.jpg

DutchSmurf
29-05-2005, 12:23
Only 450 damage in 10 seconds? That isn't as much as I thought the Air E's did. My Earth/Fire E does +500 damage in 8 seconds. With less exhaustion spells.

hireath
30-05-2005, 12:48

~Ice Blessings~

wow your the best monk ever :p

you shouldnt worry about 1 air ele. put this scenario into a large battle and you know you will be focus fired, you could be hit with any number of additional conditions, hexes or warrior. try healing yourself while under backfire and diversion spam.

Croix Rheymis
01-06-2005, 00:29
I'd like to hear about your earth/fire combo.