PDA

View Full Version : Warrior/Necro, Elite Help, Build Review

Batgra
25-05-2005, 17:28
The Character is mainly used for PvM, NOT PvP, i dont expect him to do so hot in PvP, but thats what a PvP characters are for ;)
Im currently walking my way though the game, and finally got the signet used to steal elite skills. help me out please... let me know if this skill fits into my build... and even what you think of my build.

Warrior / Necro (level 16)
working on maxing skills (dont know exactly what their at right now)
Strength - 8
Sword - 11
Death Magic - 11

Flurry - increase attack speed, do less damage

Sever Artery - cause bleeding

Gash - 7 more damage, deep wound

Galrath Slash - 29 more damage

For Great Justice - increased adreniline gain

Tainted Flesh (Elite) - 37 seconds, target ally is immune to disease, anyone striking target ally becomes diseased for 12 seconds

Putrid Explosion - 95 damage to each nearby creature (requires a corpse)

Soul Feast - exploit target corpse to steal 219 health

I havent gotten Tainted Flesh yet, and am curious to know if anyone can tell me where it is... assuming the feed back is good, and it seems like my build is pretty descent. casting the Elite on myself would probably be my first move followed by flurry and for great justice. the sword skills are all adreanal so i dont see energy being to big a problem. once corpses are on the ground... depending on my health... putrid explosion or soul feast get set off.

i considered battle rage as an Elite, condensing Flurry and for great justice, and opening up a slot.. but i think tainted flesh just sounds to cool, mixed in with putrid explosion and sever artery, baddies could be dropping pretty fast.

comments .. help... reviews ... please all is welcome :)

Feywolf Tigereye
25-05-2005, 21:54
I'm a W/N and I used a build very similiar to that one.(PvP it doesn't work very well you are correct hehe)

Instead of Soul Feast and/or Tainted Flesh (when it says target ally,means it cannot be you,has to be group member),I would use Grenth's Balance: If target foe has more health than you you get half the difference (up to max health) and target foe loses that amount.Thats an elite skill can be found on Facet of Darkness in dragon's lair mission.Depending on what I'm doing I may switch that out for a different elite like Gladiator's Defense:for 9sec (10tact) u gain 75% chance to block all attacks,any melee attack you block this way the attacker takes 25 damage.For Great Justice I never use due to the 15 energy cost,although I may try it out later.Putrid Explosion i wouldn't use due to energy(i prefer armor and protection over energy armor (like Glad's)).I ran with this combo when I PvE:
Severy Artery
Gash
Savage Slash
Thrill of Victory
Plague Touch
Parasitic Bond
Soul Feast
Bonetti's Defense

Hope this helps.You can contact me in game for more info..name is Feywolf Tigereye

kanzakii
25-05-2005, 23:20
Target Ally means you can cast it on any ally. (As opposed to casting on Foes) Tainted Flesh is an enchantment on target ally, so it can be cast on yourself.

Target Other Ally is the one that cannot be cast on yourself... Like, Blood Ritual and Blood is Power.

Feywolf Tigereye
26-05-2005, 22:45
:clap: Ah alright,did not know that Kan.Thanks for the info!

Batgra
27-05-2005, 14:39
Yeah...
I was pretty sure it could be cast on yourself.

one more question... the signet obtained at lions arch (i think) that lets you steal the elite skills from boss monsters... it can be used multiple times to collect multiple skills? or its a one time use skill, that you loose once you collect the elite?? if its a one timer, i would guess there are other quests to get elite skills?

the only problem i have with tainted flesh in PvP is that your own allies can catch the disease, causing a very bad spot for your allies as well as your enemies.

the skill says it spreads to creatures of the same type... so im assuming if a mosnters such as a char (for example) hits me and gets infected... then only other char can become infected... making it very powerful for PvM.

i personally find that for a warrior in close combat, a casting time higher then 1 on a skill is to long. skills like plague touch, although really good, means standing and not fighting for to long.
Energy i find is a problem too... anything over 10... and assuming the fight takes longer then expected... im waiting for the energy meter to climb before i can use the skill... and i hate that.

thanks for all the help :) and anymore critiques or help are appreciated

Feywolf Tigereye
27-05-2005, 17:38
You can get infinite Signet of Capture at Henge of Denravi.(Gotta keep buying it using 1 skill point and some gold).And Plague Touch does not take long to cast,its nearly instant...3/4 a second I think?And I agree,any energy usage over 10 is hard,unless you are using something like Bonetti's Defense..that will get your energy from 0-20 in about 5sec.(Unless you have multiple mobs on you,then it takes less :happy65: )

Batgra
27-05-2005, 19:11
Apologies

i was getting plague touch confused with life siphon.

i constantly hear how great a spell it is for a fighter/necro but feel the reward is hardly worth the time put in to cast it, when in melee. however the reward is really nice.

thanks for the help :D

oh.. "For Great Justice" has a 10 energy cost.. not 15... otherwise, id seriously consider battle rage as an elite

Aris Luminoth
27-05-2005, 20:52
I have a W/N build as well that I think does ok in either PvP or PvE

Ive basically split my attribute points into axe, strength and tactics
Str 10
Axe 11
Tactics 8

*im still missing 15 more pts from a mission

My current skill set is:

Eviscerate
Executioners Strike
Swift Chop
Axe Twist
Flurry
Berserkers Stance
Sprint
Plague Touch

Its all about getting the adrenal skills built up for a big attack of one after another after another. I like plague touch because it removes the annoying bleeding and cripple conditions that make me move slow in chasing after monks and spell casters. Berserkers stance and Flurry can build up adrenaline for my main attacks. Once my adrenal skills are ready i lead off with eviscerate for a deep wound, then exec strike and axe twist.

I could probably remove swift chop but its just a good attack that garantees some damage (cannot be evaded)

What do you think of this build?

FragJunky
27-05-2005, 21:03
I have a W/N build as well that I think does ok in either PvP or PvE

Ive basically split my attribute points into axe, strength and tactics
Str 10
Axe 11
Tactics 8

*im still missing 15 more pts from a mission

My current skill set is:

Eviscerate
Executioners Strike
Swift Chop
Axe Twist
Flurry
Berserkers Stance
Sprint
Plague Touch

Its all about getting the adrenal skills built up for a big attack of one after another after another. I like plague touch because it removes the annoying bleeding and cripple conditions that make me move slow in chasing after monks and spell casters. Berserkers stance and Flurry can build up adrenaline for my main attacks. Once my adrenal skills are ready i lead off with eviscerate for a deep wound, then exec strike and axe twist.

I could probably remove swift chop but its just a good attack that garantees some damage (cannot be evaded)

What do you think of this build?

I would look at two things. First, what about points on your Nerco. 1 or 2 points would help greatly in taking advantage of the skills used by a nerco like the Plague Touch making it hit harder or last longer.

Also study what each categories you place your points on by first holding your mouse over that part like Sword, Hammer, Axe, Blood Magic, Death Magic, etc. Then check out your list of Skills and see what you can come up with. As a Nerco Second, you have a lot of great Skills you can use like Putrid Explosion that will blow up a body and take off as high as 75 health from a large group(close together), or raise a Bone Horror that will help you fight. Even if they do not live long, it takes the pressure off of you, and you can then concentrate on killing and not staying alive.

FragJunky
27-05-2005, 21:13
No one has mentioned Bane Signet. In the heat of battle when your energy is low, or a caster prevents you from building energy, Bane Signet has a good hit to it, and does not cost you anything. I use it with both of my guys, and it has saved me several times.

Another good one is Reversal of Fortune. Only cost 5 energy and can be used time and time again in a single fight to widdle down someone much higher level then you.

Endure Pain to kickup your Health level and keep you alive to fight longer is another good one.

Aris Luminoth
27-05-2005, 21:43
According to the skill listings... plague touch can not be bumped up by attributes. which is why its a potentially nice skill because you dotn have to use points to make it effective.

Putrid explosion is great in PvE but not so hot in PvP. Usually theres maybe one or 2 bodies dead on the ground during the heat of battle so it makes it difficult to really use it effectively. Also, I am trying to keep skills that require as little time to cast as possible to keep my axe swinging and doing damage.

Nern
27-05-2005, 21:57
No one has mentioned Bane Signet. In the heat of battle when your energy is low, or a caster prevents you from building energy, Bane Signet has a good hit to it, and does not cost you anything. I use it with both of my guys, and it has saved me several times.

Another good one is Reversal of Fortune. Only cost 5 energy and can be used time and time again in a single fight to widdle down someone much higher level then you.

Endure Pain to kickup your Health level and keep you alive to fight longer is another good one.

um this is W/N not W/Mo

jlowry
27-05-2005, 22:55
I've found that "Victory is Mine!" is an excellent skill to use with a W/N. Since you are causing conditions all the time either with attacks or spells (poison, disease, deep wound, bleeding, etc), ViM keeps your health AND energy charged up. For times when you need extra energy, drop into Bonetti's after casting one of your curses (if you use curses).

If you will be tanking a mob, Unholy Feast, Mark of Pain, Rotting Flesh, Bonetti's Defense, and ViM all work well together to keep your health and energy full. Of course this means putting points into Blood Magic and Tactics (with minimal points into curses) which may not fit your design.

Feywolf Tigereye
28-05-2005, 01:14
My setup for PvP:

Berserker Stance
Savage Slash
Thrill of Victory
Sever Artery
Gash
Galrath Slash
For last 2 choose from:
Plague Touch
Plague Signet
Well of Blood
Gladiator's defense
Final Thrust
Life Transfer
Victory is Mine

Hope that helps! PvE I run anything really.

Mistress Vaderess
28-05-2005, 02:37
yo fey how many points do u actually devote into blood for an effective life transfer! i feel that its has to be real high in blood to be actually effective