PDA

View Full Version : My Healing/Protection monk build for PvE

DocJP
25-05-2005, 18:45
So I just got through Hell's Precipice yesterday (FINALLY!) and after dying in it 4 times, from miscommnication etc... and after tweaking my build, I have finally found a setup that I am truly satisfied with. Although some offense woulda been nice :(

Stats:
Healing Prayers 11 +2 (major rune)
Protection Prayers 10
Divine Favor 10 +2 (major rune)

Healing Breeze
Word of Healing
Protective Spirit
Reversal of Fortune
Signet of Devotion
Essence Bond
Healing Seed
Rebirth

Mind you, I never used Rebirth a single time during Hell's Precipice but I've been in too many situations where I one person survives a thrashing and they have no rez. So it's just for a sense of security.

The main purpose of this is to gain a lot of energy from your one or two main tanks. (Man it was awesome that the two tanks did their job superbly). With 2 titans and 2 imps attacking at the same time, Protective Spirit is a butt saver. Protective Spirit + Breeze + Healing Seed= Health bar never moves :D

Undead You-Know-Who got what was coming to him.

Oh anyways, so my question is: would this be effective in PvP?

Ahastar Darktalon
25-05-2005, 20:33
A pretty good setup I would say. :)
The only thing I find lacking is a condition breaker. Mend Ailment for example. If a single enemy casts dazed on you that means tremendous trouble otherwise. In my opinion you could go without reversal of fortune with the rest of your spells.

Ante Gotovina
26-05-2005, 01:23
Ever considered Aegis?

Seeker of Something
26-05-2005, 03:47
Ever considered Aegis?

For PvE it's cheaper to put some points in Earth and run Ward Against Melee. The lower casting cost and longer duration is nice, and the AI is perfectly willing to melee with you inside the ward. Aegis is more useful in PvP where somebody would drop an AOE on you as soon as you bunched up in the ward.

Ante Gotovina
26-05-2005, 09:55
and you are assuming that the tanks are willing to wait in the ward circle and understand what it does, most dont even get well of blood... plus, its limited to Mo/E or E/Mo builds ;-)

DocJP
26-05-2005, 18:24
and you are assuming that the tanks are willing to wait in the ward circle and understand what it does, most dont even get well of blood... plus, its limited to Mo/E or E/Mo builds ;-)

Hahaha you said Tank. My guild doesn't even have any tanks XD

lord excibius
02-06-2005, 23:05
I have : Healing Breeze , Orisen Of Healing , heal other,word of healing Gaurdian, Aegis, Ressurect, Rebirth .thinking about changing Word of healing in for Light Of Dwayne, but in pvp i would keep word of healing in.

DocJP
08-06-2005, 21:53
I have : Healing Breeze , Orisen Of Healing , heal other,word of healing Gaurdian, Aegis, Ressurect, Rebirth .thinking about changing Word of healing in for Light Of Dwayne, but in pvp i would keep word of healing in.

Updated Build for me:

Stats:
Healing Prayers 10 +3 (superior rune)
Protection Prayers 11 +1 (Minor rune)
Divine Favor 9 +2 (major rune)

Healing Breeze
Word of Healing
Remove Condition
Reversal of Fortune
Signet of Devotion
Shielding Hands
Aegis