PDA

View Full Version : Rotting Flesh

raisenero
25-05-2005, 21:51
I tried using Rotting Flesh for the first time today. I never used it before because disease, according to the manual and every fan site, is supposed to spread to all nearby creatures. I didn't want to burden my party with it if that's what was going to happen.

I was surprised when I found out the disease didn't spread. I'd cast rotting flesh on a creature, and the disease didn't spread to adjacent creatures, nevermind nearby creatures. I cast rotting flesh on a centaur attacking me in melee, it didn't spread to me. When I was with a party, only the creature I cast it on was ever affected, throughout an entire mission, it never spread to another creature or anyone in my party. Is Rotting Flesh a special case of disease that just doesn't spread? Or is disease as a condition just not working the way it was supposed to?

Has anyone else tried rotting flesh and noticed that it doesn't spread?

then emaris says
26-05-2005, 04:03
Disease spreads whenever a diseased creature/character goes near them, and only the opposing side. You might want to watch out much later on in the game when some baddies can transfer their conditions and then you'll end up with a party full of diseased tanks.

Silhouette Saloon
26-05-2005, 08:35
heres the thing about rotting flesh:

its a devastating spell in pve, especially against mobs like the scarabs that tend to group together. stacked with anything like life siphon and faintheartedness, and the mobs just start dropping like flies, and the disease don't spread to anyone in your party, except if the mob uses plague touch.

unfortunately it's not the case in pvp. in pvp the disease is spread between friend and foe alike, so in the end it ends up hurting your team more than helping. the first time i used it i only got 1 guy who prompty ran up to my team and got us all infected while he stayed away from his own teammates. it was a tragedy, hehe.

its an awesome spell for taking on mobs, just be careful if you're going to use it in pvp. also, it doesnt work against most undead or anything without flesh, so it makes the spell useless later on in the game, or at least not as useful as it was ealier on.

Cyric Soulbane
26-05-2005, 18:50
Disease spreads only to creatures of the same race. So, if you were to cast it on a dwarf, only other dwarves would be infected. In PvP, everyone is human, so obviously it spreads to everyone, friend or foe.

blakk
26-05-2005, 21:14
cept your pet heh heh

Nefaru Firestorm
27-05-2005, 00:05
cept your pet heh heh

no. i've had pets (of ally's) become infected because they came into contact with animals that were infected as well...such as another pet.

Rotting Flesh is deadly in PvP as well...we're all the same race. You can disease your entire team if you're not careful.

As just previously mentiond, it is true- i believe it says somewhere in the skills that it only affects creatures of the same type.

If there are enough different "types" in one group, everyone will become diseased.

Hart
27-05-2005, 03:15
Rotting Flesh is great for PvE. It's like poison that poisons other things for you, though it unfortunately only works on fleshy things.

In PvP disease is only good if you find a way to make your party immune to it; use Tainted Flesh in combination with or instead of Rotting Flesh, or use Martyr to draw the condition off. For that matter, use Martyr plus Plague Sending to draw the condition off and reinfect the opposition.

goblintrain
27-05-2005, 21:55
Disease spreads only to creatures of the same race. So, if you were to cast it on a dwarf, only other dwarves would be infected. In PvP, everyone is human, so obviously it spreads to everyone, friend or foe.

This is correct.

Aurlanda
10-06-2005, 13:40
So, I don't know if anyone knows, but I've been wondering how much dmg rotting flesh actually does. I have death pumped up to 12 right now, and I'm getting 22 seconds on this puppy. But, how much dmg does that really do over that time period? If it's a degen of 3, doesn't that just make it 3*22? If it does, isn't that not worth using. And yet it seems to do so much more than that. Can anyone help me with this? thx

Jijimuge
10-06-2005, 21:18
Disease actually gives 4 pips of degen = -8 health/second.

So that's 22*8 = 172 damage over the period

UndeadBehlial
11-06-2005, 00:07
Disease actually gives 4 pips of degen = -8 health/second.

So that's 22*8 = 172 damage over the period

but thats 172 to multiple creatures. Its a nice softener.

black claw
11-06-2005, 05:49
Rotting Flesh practically dragged my sorry necro butt through Snake Dance. Never used it in PvE though...