PDA

View Full Version : For those who use Balthazar's Spirit- Need advice and have some questions...

zotai
25-05-2005, 21:46
I've been searching online for additional info on this spell. All I can really find by way of a description is that it take 1 pip of energy to maintain and gives a point of energy and adrenalin each time you take damage. My main question is if the smiting attribute has any effect of this at all? From what I can tell, this spell works the same whether you have 0 points in smiting versus having 12+ points.

The main interest I have in this spell is to try and solve my main problem, keeping up my mana. I can definetly see how the spell would be useful for solo farming along with some other smiting spells by building up a large group of monsters around you for constant mana while healing and reflecting damage back at them. However, in normal group healing roles, where your only usually getting hit by a few things, how effective is it? Can't decide if the energy gained over the long term would outweight the energy lost from the loss of a pip of regen.

I tried some other routes for mana regen and absolutely hated them. Mesmer spells either take too long to activate for a little mana returned or have to actually be targetted on a foe then cast which I also did not like.

TheGreatDivorce
25-05-2005, 23:07
If you are taking 3 or more hits at a time, ex. 3 Mantles, then it is definitly worth it since they will be activated your Spirit multiple times in quick succession. However if there is less, then it is not worth it because you would be losing more Energy then before since your regeneration has stopped a notch.

Corrodias
26-05-2005, 02:34
someone told me that this is very effective, if you are partially a protection monk, in combination with Life Bond. it activates even when you take -0 damage, so basically you get 1 energy every time the person on whom you are holding Life Bond gets hit with something physical.

since it takes 2 energy pips to maintain that combo, though, you'd have to manage it carefully.

lred
26-05-2005, 04:53
someone told me that this is very effective, if you are partially a protection monk, in combination with Life Bond. it activates even when you take -0 damage, so basically you get 1 energy every time the person on whom you are holding Life Bond gets hit with something physical.

since it takes 2 energy pips to maintain that combo, though, you'd have to manage it carefully.

Doesn't essence bond in effect combine those two?

Essence Bond (availability)
Description: While you maintain this enchantment, whenever target ally takes physical damage, you gain 1 energy.

RandomEngy
26-05-2005, 07:11
My current monk setup has me casting Life Bond on 5 teammates, then Balthazar's Spirit on myself, while keeping my mana up with Blessed Signet. When we get into battle, the mana starts rolling in and I can cast Life Bond on the last 2 party members and still have plenty of mana to heal myself and occasionally others. I'm still trying to figure out the best skill setup to keep myself alive (since I can't cast Life Bond on myself).