PDA

View Full Version : Necromancer Community Help Thread

UndeadBehlial
25-05-2005, 23:03
Hey guys,
Let's use this thread for questions on skill locations (normal skills probably, as elites are posted already), items and armor and really whatever. As long as it has to do with a Necromancer in some way and you don't want to make a new thread, people here can help you.

On that note, I'd ask you to use this thread first before posting a new thread. Meaning asking here "where is Signet of Agony? I cannot find it" instead of making a thread about it. Think of it this way. This thread is for answers to specific questions. New threads are for discussion on something (like a build)

Ludo Bijou
02-06-2005, 01:50
in pre-sear ascalon i could not find the necro tunic from a collector but i found the gloves, boots, and leggings. Do you know where the collector that has the necro tunic is in pre-sear ascalon?

flyfishintrout
02-06-2005, 18:52
I went to do the reversing the scales quest and fought the boss(Lord Timon I think) anyway the one that has the three executioners in front of him. He casts Animate bone fiend and Barbs. I remember someone posted on this forum that he also casts Verata's Sacrifice. Does anyone know this for sure? I have fought him three times now and have not seen it. I would like to find this skill before Copperhammer if anyone knows where I can get it. Thanks in Advance.

wizowoz
22-06-2005, 19:41
in pre-sear ascalon i could not find the necro tunic from a collector but i found the gloves, boots, and leggings. Do you know where the collector that has the necro tunic is in pre-sear ascalon?

The collector is in Fort Ranik.

Deus Ex Draco
30-06-2005, 03:02
If you have five 30 armor pieces on, does that mean your total armor is 150. I guess I'm asking, because I can buy one 60 armor and am wondering if it'll really help that much.

And also, if I went with just scar patterns, am I at a disadvantage in winter conditions?

--Anubis of Set

roguebanshee
30-06-2005, 19:42
If you have five 30 armor pieces on, does that mean your total armor is 150. I guess I'm asking, because I can buy one 60 armor and am wondering if it'll really help that much.
Armor is not added up from the individual pieces (exception Shield), if you have 5 AL on your head and 60 AL on your body then any hit on your head will only go up against 5 AL. If you were using a 5 AL Shield at the same time then you'd get 10 AL against attacks hitting your head, as long as they aren't from behind. You may be able to find some more thorough guides by searching various fansites.

And also, if I went with just scar patterns, am I at a disadvantage in winter conditions?
Scar Patterns (and Monk Tattoos) do not have an inherent disadvantage and weather is only cosmetic.

Sophias
01-07-2005, 05:41
Hey guys, question:

Does all fissure armor look the same, but, you can choose which benefit you get? Am I right?

Sophias
01-07-2005, 07:13
Also; which collecters in the desert have the 20/20 blood and/or curse staffs?

Anyone know?

(sorry about double post, it didnt let me edit my previous one)

Dakrath Ahn
02-07-2005, 02:54
The collecter in Skyward Reach, just out of Augury Rock has the 20/20 Cruel Staff (Blood Magic req. 9 ), and he exchanges it for Topaz Crests, so start killin' them Sand Drakes, ya hea' ? :D . Darn fine staff, I use one o' them myself, with a couple o' lovely upgrades. I don't know about the Accursed Staff though. Didn't bother to look for it, since I don't use curses. :p

By the way, I think the collector is called John...

Sophias
10-07-2005, 08:43
Yep, got blood staff, now i just need curse staff...

Anyone know where the 20/20 curse is?

Smrterthnu
16-07-2005, 02:17
Yep, got blood staff, now i just need curse staff...

Anyone know where the 20/20 curse is?

Sorry, Competitive site links!

Here you go Sophias

CBass
20-07-2005, 09:21
A quick question. Which droknars forge necro armor would most of you pick and why? When I got my warrior to dorknars I investigated on these forums to see about the best choice. I was simply wonder what that is for necro? I understand the differences in each armor selection I would just like to know which one u all personaly prefer and why. I am looking for a set that is versitile and works well in both pve and pvp. Currently I am using a N/R. Any information would be much appreciated.

GHunter
20-07-2005, 10:23
There is a Grim Cesta, that improves casting speed and skill recharge using Soul Reaping skills. What soul reaping skills are there? SR is just a passive attribute with no skills attached to, AFAIK. So what does this thingie do?

Faust IX
20-07-2005, 10:25
There is a Grim Cesta, that improves casting speed and skill recharge using Soul Reaping skills. What soul reaping skills are there? SR is just a passive attribute with no skills attached to, AFAIK. So what does this thingie do?

I assume they just went ahead and made the improve casting speed and skill recharge effects for every attribute, not taking into consideration that Soul Reaping has no linked skills. :rolleyes:

GHunter
20-07-2005, 10:53
Yeah, that's what I thought, but one can never know. :)

Something else: Who drops Massive Jawbones? Hydras? Drakes? Giants? :confused:

Rattenhirn
20-07-2005, 11:48
Yeah, that's what I thought, but one can never know. :)

Something else: Who drops Massive Jawbones? Hydras? Drakes? Giants? :confused:

Giants drop Massive Jawbones

Sune Faithbringer
20-07-2005, 12:44
I went to do the reversing the scales quest and fought the boss(Lord Timon I think) anyway the one that has the three executioners in front of him. He casts Animate bone fiend and Barbs. I remember someone posted on this forum that he also casts Verata's Sacrifice. Does anyone know this for sure? I have fought him three times now and have not seen it. I would like to find this skill before Copperhammer if anyone knows where I can get it. Thanks in Advance.

Yes, I can confirm you can cap bone fiend from him. I don't think he has Vereta's sacrifice.

When you have done the Villanity of Galrath quest and you return again to that place, Vereta will spawn there from whom you can cap Vereta's sacrifice. I know this for sure because I capped all three Vereta skills from him.

Vereta is surrounded with a (whole) lot of apprentices so this can be quite hard to accomplish. I came running in with my army of minions (about 15+), but it seems all the apprentices there carry Vereta's Aura, so I had a huge problem as soon as I ran into the first apprentice :happy65: Had fun though.

I succeeded a second time with Putrid Explosions. The apprentices stick really close together so it was like one big chain reaction.

roguebanshee
20-07-2005, 20:24
A quick question. Which droknars forge necro armor would most of you pick and why?
I personally prefer the Scar pattern for the increased Energy, it also has no negative side effect. Whether the look could be improved is another matter.

CBass
21-07-2005, 00:22
I personally prefer the Scar pattern for the increased Energy, it also has no negative side effect. Whether the look could be improved is another matter.

Thanks for the response. I actually did a little more digging myself and found the anwsers that I was looking for. :happy34: Decided to go for the scar pattern myself.

Killiam
22-07-2005, 02:56
I am just passed the searing and diggin a little around here I have see this pic:

http://img193.echo.cx/my.php?image=gw0527hh.jpg

My question is, How can a Necro reach to 61 of energy?

Base is 30, plus 10 of armor 40... is there a focus/weapon that gives you the other 21?

If so... what/where is it?

Thanks in advance

Slip Nine
22-07-2005, 04:48
I am just passed the searing and diggin a little around here I have see this pic:

http://img193.echo.cx/my.php?image=gw0527hh.jpg

My question is, How can a Necro reach to 61 of energy?

Base is 30, plus 10 of armor 40... is there a focus/weapon that gives you the other 21?

If so... what/where is it?

Thanks in advance

Base is 20, not 30, as it is for all classes. All armors give at least +10, Scar Pattern gives another +7 (I think)

None of this is really important though. To get energy like that, you're probably carrying an item with +15 energy -1 energy regen. This can come on a focus which will also have the normal +12 energy for a max focus, or on a truncheon like I use. (I use a +12 energy 20/20 focus in the offhand)

[edit] Oh, and 1h weapons with the +15/-1 mod can be found in the Kryta area east of the Ascalon Settlement, for the most part. Check the desert/shiverpeaks collector list for the other ones.

Killiam
23-07-2005, 14:28
Thanks for the info and corrections.

Dos Passos
24-07-2005, 08:38
Is it just me or are things so organized that Necros are just about useless in GvG? :mad: Have noticed that a minority of teams use a Necro and now I really know why! I am an L20 at the Ring of Fire so can handle myself well. Have done maybe 25-30 GvG and it's just a waste of space for my guild. :( Tried numerous different builds but almost always the same..targeted by tank, 3 hits, dead! Yes even the tank buster build, and same thing. Finally gave up even participating.
Don't know if I want suggestions or just to vent!

Derekdeathsbane
03-08-2005, 00:43
Which collector and where is he/she that gives the death weapons and foci that give plus 15/-1regen?

rofontgs
09-08-2005, 06:24
What bonus do they give u exactly?

DragonVamp Of Siba
09-08-2005, 11:57
Ok, Last night I finally killed My, erm, Evil half! My Room Mate found a thread containing the "recipe" and it really worked..I didnt have all the things listed, but here's what I used and it took Her right out..

Awaken The Blood
Blood of Master
Dark Fury
Demonic Flesh
Dark Pact
Deadly Swarm

I threw in a Capture Signet for good measure and to fill in the empty slot.. Once You get in there, hit Your evil Twin with Deadly Swarm only and then use the strongest staff you have.. I never moved from My original stance and She was down and dead!
I hope this works for anyone else who's having the same trouble I was.. :winking47

omagad
26-09-2005, 00:04
i wasted this whole day looking for the collector that gives the 60 AL necro head armor with blood bonus (im guessing its in the desert since the other 3 heads are there) i looked all over the desert and asked everyone i could.. i just cant finde the bastard

please help :{

(and please no "just craft one in droknars forge" the rolls cost WAY too much for me)

Gangrel
03-10-2005, 00:39
Dont know where the guy is but, you can get 5 wood and pay 20 gold to craft one roll... So 25 rolls is 125 wood and 500 gold. 500 gold isnt much and you can easily get wood by salvageing staffs bows and such. The easiest crafter to get to is north-east of sardelac sanctum.

MyzeriePayne
05-10-2005, 01:04
Which collector and where is he/she that gives the death weapons and foci that give plus 15/-1regen?

Pretty much due North of Dunes of Despair for offhand. Item is Enchanted Lodestones. The collector is by one of the teleport pads. Not only is the offhand +15/-1, it's also +12 energy base and +30 health. :surprise:

The weapon with +15/-1 is just to the east of Beetletun. It isn't max damage, but really, who cares. As a necro, if you're relying on your rod to do damage, you've got problems. :howdy:

My Necro has both items and scars on legs and arms. I get 75 energy, but only 2 pips of regen. So, carry a staff with you and use it for most of your combat. I only switch to the 75 config when I hit zero energy (which isn't that often).

DarkWax
06-10-2005, 11:34
Hi,

anyone has a male necro with 15K necrotic and still the standard necrotic leggins around?

I so badly wanted to see how they combine - have a look at Dark Wax here (http://forums.gwonline.net/showpost.php?p=3752454&postcount=260), I'd like to give him the 15K tunic, but this may complete destroy the carefully composed dirty style ;-))

So I beg for someone to PM me a pic with: Male Nec, 15K necrotic tunic, standard necrotic leggins, no (or scary) arms, any boots. It should show middle to upper part of him, similar to the right of the linked pics.

Thank you for your help!

Have fun!

Saela
09-10-2005, 18:40
Anyone know where to find a +12 energy focus with 20% chance at +1 death magic?

I know theres one in Maguuma Stade with +30 HP as well, but its only +20 energy.

Does a +12 energy version exist?

I know that Bortaks Bone Cesta is +12 and Death Magic +1 (20% chance while using skills), but its damn rare, and I havn't been able to get my hands on one yet (if you are selling one, please PM me with price).

Oh, and would this enable me to create lvl 19 fiends? With 16 Death they are 18, would the +20% raise them to 19 occasionally, or is 18 the max level?

Cheers :happy34:

Saela

Katrinaa
14-10-2005, 03:18
Need some help with armor. I'm new so bare with me.

The base armor on all necro (most others in the game too) prevent what type of damage? I'm thinking spell/staff damage right?

I have a staff that give +7 armor resistance to physical damage. My armor is + against piercing. So only physical resistance armor + will protect me from melee?

lifeisdeath
16-10-2005, 07:11
i have been looking for a collector that has a 20/20 death magic cesta.

are there any out there?

Galiena Blitzkrieg
16-10-2005, 16:22
Alright, I just read through this and I didn't seem to see it anywhere...

Where is the collector who has the max Damage 20/20 Bone Staff? And what item do I need to collect.

Dark Jeffrey
18-10-2005, 01:51
Need some help with armor. I'm new so bare with me.

The base armor on all necro (most others in the game too) prevent what type of damage? I'm thinking spell/staff damage right?

I have a staff that give +7 armor resistance to physical damage. My armor is + against piercing. So only physical resistance armor + will protect me from melee?

Armour protects you againt everything but somethings more than others for example piercing dmg will do less to you because of the armour you have.(note all right away dmg spells hit you in the chest)

Wrath of God
30-10-2005, 05:37
Does anyone know the location of the collector that gives 20/20 Curse Staff? I've looked all over and I think he's somewhere deep in the map not near a town.

Saela
25-11-2005, 19:32
Oh, and would this enable me to create lvl 19 fiends? With 16 Death they are 18, would the +20% raise them to 19 occasionally, or is 18 the max level?

tested it out for myself as it appeared no-one knew :eek:

http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/7451/lvl194we.jpg

:happy65:

Amaleh
02-01-2006, 04:46
I tried to dye my scar blue but it turned it green... and green didn't work. My Necro, Lady Amaleh Liche, has blue hair, blue skin, and blue armor- what color dyes the scar blue?

Amaleh
02-01-2006, 05:03
okay heres what I have found out=

Blue dye- makes teal
green doesnt work, dont bother
yellow same thing
Yellow orange makes it purple
purple makes it blue

:)

Ekrin
07-01-2006, 03:39
Do things like vampiric touch and soul feast that say "steal x amount of health" count as healing? so if i use aura of the lich would soul feast give me half health or since it says steal would i get the full hp amount?

Ekrin
09-01-2006, 22:46
Nevermind the skill no longer states that healing period is halved. didnt check that before must have been changed.

Seniorhobo
24-01-2006, 21:03
i can beat the deamongouge guy to ascend he just kicks my ***, any stratigies for me im necro monk lvl 19 close to 20

hartshill
10-02-2006, 18:17
Take Awaken the blood and some non benificial sacrifice spells, he uses AtB and sacrifices his life away; poor guy :wink:

I think you can take healing breeze as well, I read somewhere he only uses it if he has a condition (ie poison bleeding) which he won't have unless you take sacrifices that cause poison or bleeding. I wasn't a monk so I took those sacrifices for the extra degen.

Death Lord Grenth
12-02-2006, 17:17
or if your a N/Me
you could use enfeeble
insidious parasite
empathy
Spiteful Spirit (if you got it)
and just let him hit you just be sure to NOT attack him or you'll die too

cuevas
19-02-2006, 22:50
If you want to be a mm what is better as secondary, me or mo?

Amaleh
20-02-2006, 01:16
could someone post FoW female necro armor?

Sorry but I want to get FoW armor I just dont know what type to get it for, my mesmer or my Necro :)

Chaos Deity
20-02-2006, 04:22
okay. that bortak's bone staff, good news! i researced it and there is a blue item equivalent (no mods, should seen THAT coming). there is a collector literally right outside elonia reach, u spawn PAST him. takes 5 mino horns, and gives u a bone staff, +10 energy,20/20 casting recharge on death skills. i put a +3 energy and +20 fortitude mod on it, and hey! i got meesa bortak's bone staff!:afro:

Cunno Spiritweaver
16-03-2006, 03:13
Im having trouble with my Necro. Im trying to make him a 55Nec...but I cant seem to get his health down to 55hp what am I doing wrong ? :( I have all necro sup runes on him and i have the quest item with the -50 hp on it and i can only get my health down to like 130

Archenine Paranoia
16-03-2006, 04:39
Make sure you are using superior necromancer runes, and not anything like.. say.. superior Vigor :)

5 x -55 & a -50 offhand will get you there. Just make absolutely sure your runes are right.

Cunno Spiritweaver
16-03-2006, 05:50
Thanks...didnt know I had to use extra necro sup rune :P

Archenine Paranoia
20-03-2006, 06:06
could someone post FoW female necro armor?

Sorry but I want to get FoW armor I just dont know what type to get it for, my mesmer or my Necro :)

Check the 15k armour pics thread

Wraparound
18-05-2006, 21:58
Not sure where this question belongs. I didn't just want to start a new thread.

Ok, I started a Necro char is Factions. I haven't seen any Soul Reaping skills on Shing Jea island. When can you start buying those skills? Kaineng Center?

Jeffrey Undead
19-05-2006, 15:07
very simple the are none, only 2 elites :)

rkls
01-06-2006, 05:46
what elites are you talking about? you cannot get skills for soulreaping.

just increase attribute points to gain energy as enemies die

Spanks
01-06-2006, 06:03
what elites are you talking about? you cannot get skills for soulreaping.

just increase attribute points to gain energy as enemies die

Icy Veins and Wail of Doom are 2 Elite Soul Reaping Skills from Factions and are under "Soul Reaping" unless I'm seeing things

rkls
01-06-2006, 06:14
ugghhh duh, never looked at faction skills my bad..

:shutsbigmouth: lool

Rayne Bowe
26-06-2006, 02:44
Ok I feel like a complete noob. I just made a Necro and am trying to get xp so I got the quest from Munne in the catacombs....How the Hell do I get the bone minions to set off the trap without walking into it myself? I'm very frustrated, but glad I don't get the -15% till after the searing! any help would be appreciated!

snowkissed
26-06-2006, 17:28
There are corpses on the other side of the trap that are "reachable" by the spell. Just try casting the bone minion spell and they should be brought to life, and the minion should run towards to you, thus setting off the trap.

Rayne Bowe
26-06-2006, 23:41
Thank you so much!:grin:

Blixem
05-07-2006, 22:03
Can some1 plse help me with links to builds & guides? I just started my necro char an don't know where to start, I basicly wana use this char for farming & solo green farming if that is posible. Any help would be apreciated..