PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Skills?

flyfishintrout
26-05-2005, 00:08
What are you favorite Necro skills and what order do you usually cast them in?

fellrider
26-05-2005, 00:12
I really like soul barbs,

I never intended to make curses my highest attribute but I did in order to use a really great staff i found, the resulting character I was left with is great! Soul Barbs to open then I lay down at least three hexes, which does 90 damage before the -4 health degeneration takes place.

TheQuickness
26-05-2005, 01:32
I really like soul barbs,

I never intended to make curses my highest attribute but I did in order to use a really great staff i found, the resulting character I was left with is great! Soul Barbs to open then I lay down at least three hexes, which does 90 damage before the -4 health degeneration takes place.

also soul barbs + parasitic bond is a nice low energy quick casting low cooldown way to do damage.

Parasitic bond is my FAVORITE curse, not because I think its really good, its not that impressive at all really, but it has a few good uses.

1 - the soul barbs thing i mentioned
2 - hit every enemy in the area with it and you will get a very nice heal in 20(not sure maybe 10) seconds
3 - if you PvP and find your hexes being removed too often, whenever you hex an enemy use this afterwards, then when someone removes a hex they remove parasitic bond triggering it to heal you ^^
4 - =/ there was 5 I thought of at first but I seem to be typing slow today and forgot them now

Another interesting one that I want to try is Dark Aura. It seems like it might make for an interesting suicidal monk killer. Expecially combined with Aura of the lich and life siphon, which is good for anyone who does a lot of sacrificing. But I think I remember seeing enough touch damage sacricing skills that this would make an interesting combo with. In my mind i see potential for a LOT of damage in a very small amount of time. and then u get healed at the end.

Which brings me to another favorite, Aura of the Lich. You take half damage ^^, "So? You only get half heals." you might say...true but things like healing breeze and Shield of Regeneration are then SOOOOOO much more effective on you, monks love you because your a "set it, and forget it" easy heal. Nice addition to any N/W or W/N, if of course you can spare the elite. In fact a N/Me using mantra of frost Aura of the Lich, and a rangers trick for all damage to be cold damage takes like NO DAMAGE AT ALL. Very interesting trick. Always wanted to try it but unfortunatley I know noone who plays the game =(

Xie
26-05-2005, 01:42
as a strait up death/minion necro i love raising minions and putting death nova on them. which turns them into little suicide bombers.

Jonathon Crane
26-05-2005, 03:27
Speaking strictly PvE:
I really have to give my thumbs up to Putrid Explosion. Many people overlook the power of death magic, in part, I think, because a lot of it is conditional (requiring corpses), and minions begin to struggle at the higher levels of gameplay but death magic isn't just about horrors and bone fiends. It's about waiting until a battle is halfway over... and ending it instantly with four or five blasts of Putrid Explosion. I have single-handedly rescued a party more than a few times with corpse explosion and soul feast. With Putrid Explosion's relatively low energy cost and casting time, although conditional, under the right conditions it can be one of the most devestating skills in the game. Your tanks fall in combat? Make sure those monsters pay for it with a couple hundred points of damage before they get to you, dont be squeamish about using the bodies of your fallen comrades, a well exploited corpse can and will turn a battle even in the most dire circumstances.

Also in death magic Id like to make note of Rotting Flesh and Deathly Swarm although they have high casting times both can be really good sources of damage, especially Rotting Flesh which will quickly spread its hefty health degen to other nearby enemies.

And finally I'd like to mention a combo of Mark of Pain and Spiteful Spirit used correctly these two curses together will dish some nicedamage into a melee.

Hart
26-05-2005, 03:38
From a PvP perspective, and borrowing formatting =P:

Lingering Curse is awesome if you've got a necro target caller. The only thing that might be slightly better in some situations is Well of the Profane, which can seriously disrupt anyone who's trying to defend a location a la King of the Hill. Rend Enchantments is also a great skill though it has to be used a bit more carefully and the recharge can be a pain.

Well of Blood and Well of Power both provide healing which can't be dispelled and Well of Suffering is often ignored by enemies, and sometimes sought out by mistake if your opponent has a Well necro.

Blood is Power and Blood Ritual are in and of themselves reasons to play a necromancer as a support character. Offering of Blood is a nice skill which can help keep your build going, and a combination of Wither and Malaise can counter an enemies mana regeneration.

ShadisLecrou
26-05-2005, 03:55
Which brings me to another favorite, Aura of the Lich. You take half damage ^^, "So? You only get half heals." you might say...true but things like healing breeze and Shield of Regeneration are then SOOOOOO much more effective on you, monks love you because your a "set it, and forget it" easy heal. Nice addition to any N/W or W/N, if of course you can spare the elite. In fact a N/Me using mantra of frost Aura of the Lich, and a rangers trick for all damage to be cold damage takes like NO DAMAGE AT ALL. Very interesting trick. Always wanted to try it but unfortunatley I know noone who plays the game =(

The other advantage to AotL is that all of those "sacrifice x% max health" spells sacrifice half as much, since your max health is half as much as it was.

One of my favorites has always been Order of Pain. The extra damage may be minimal, but when you multiply it by the number of tanks and minions that you have doing physical damage, a 10 point OoP can add up to 50 points per second or so, easily.

Nefaru Firestorm
27-05-2005, 00:18
as a strait up death/minion necro i love raising minions and putting death nova on them. which turns them into little suicide bombers.

Heh heh, that's so much fun. People don't realize it until it's too late and they all start setting eachother off for amazing damage.

And about minions (minions/fiends/horros) getting hard to use in higher levels of PvP....

An army of lvl 16 horrors/fiends and lvl 11 minions ain't a little nuisance. Raise 18-26 of 'em (works well if you have extra monks on your team willing to heal..and Verata's Sacrifice). If you can get horrors and fiends to lvl 18-20...it's like having an extra team.