PDA

View Full Version : Two Builds to Comment On...

july
26-05-2005, 08:57
Neither of these are serious PvP builds, but I'm very interested in seeing where the board members can take them. The first build is the delightful result of combining the W/Me with the W/Mo to make the Illusionary Monk Tank. The second is my take on what a Guild Wars "Mime" could be like.

Illusionary Monk Tank
Me/Mo
12 Illusion, 9 Healing Prayers, 9 Protection Prayers, Dump Fast Casting
Resurrection Signet
Blessed Signet
Life Attunement
Arcane Echo
Illusionary Weapon
Distortion
Last 2 are your choice, probably healing and protection.

Simple idea here--the "Warrior" in "Illusionary Warrior" is really sort of superfluous. You don't need the weapon mastery, most of the weapon skills don't work (or are elite), and the lack of energy is really limiting. With this build, not only do you get the advantage of being an IW Warrior, you get to be an IW W/Mo! Arcane Echo lets you continually use Illusionary Weapon (cast IW just before Arcane Echo times out, and the first IW casting will be ready to use before the second one expires), and Distortion is spammable version of Defensive Stance. Life Attunement will bump up your gains from healing, and with three enchantments running at all times, you'll be able to garner 9 energy every 10 seconds from Blessed Signet.

Mime
Elementalist/Mesmer
10 Illusion Magic, 10 Domination Magic, 10 Inspiration Magic, 5 Energy Storage.

Resurrection Signet
Keystone Signet (does this recharge Resurrection Signet?)
Arcane Echo
Arcane Thievery
Arcane Mimicry
Inspired Hex
Inspired Enchantment
Epidemic

Obviously some room for experimentation here. My main question is about attributes. Which attributes do Arcane Thievery and Mimicry rely on? They can't be terribly useful if you're forced to use them with a "0" in their attribute, and that would pretty much ruin this build.

Nobleman Azure
26-05-2005, 18:05
the attributes depend on whatever skill you stole.

If you stole orison, then it depends on healing prayers. Its not terribly useful but like always, each skill has its own use under certain conditions. Thievery is use to disable one skill from the target, as well as be able to use it effectively (if you target a person of the same class which would have a high chance of you having ana ttribute for the skill you will get) Mimicry can be a way to have two elites, for example your partner has ineptitude and you have fevered dreams, take his so you have both.

IMMORTAlMITCH
27-05-2005, 01:59
Mime
Elementalist/Mesmer
10 Illusion Magic, 10 Domination Magic, 10 Inspiration Magic, 5 Energy Storage.

Resurrection Signet
Keystone Signet (does this recharge Resurrection Signet?)
Arcane Echo
Arcane Thievery
Arcane Mimicry
Inspired Hex
Inspired Enchantment
Epidemic

Obviously some room for experimentation here. My main question is about attributes. Which attributes do Arcane Thievery and Mimicry rely on? They can't be terribly useful if you're forced to use them with a "0" in their attribute, and that would pretty much ruin this build.

Hm, why get epidemic? It doesn't look like you have many condition inflicting skills?

ScotiaAudrin
01-07-2005, 07:16
Hm, why get epidemic? It doesn't look like you have many condition inflicting skills?

Nobody answered the keystone signet question.

Saikyo
01-07-2005, 12:39
Nobody answered the keystone signet question.

Keystone signet does not recharge your res signet. This was the first thing I tried after capping the skill.