PDA

View Full Version : Aura of the Lich

Katiapain
27-05-2005, 02:51
What good is this spell besides the heal at then end. Especially when its takes longer to get that heal the better the spell gets? From what I can see there's no real benefit from this effect aside the heal. Anyone found a use for it? I mean it should be pretty usefull sense its an elite.

Herthbul
27-05-2005, 07:06
HP pips count as double during it, since heals over time aren't affected by Aura of the Lich.

Feynt
27-05-2005, 08:19
Also consider that monsters in the underworld do normal hits to casters ranging anywhere from 150-250 damage. Halving that makes a pretty big difference, especially if you pair it with protection spells (Life Bond, Shielding Hands, Reversal of Fortune, and Shield of Deflection all come to mind).

LostBat
27-05-2005, 10:29
I think you could also use Demonic Flesh to add a lot of Hitpoints, which would count double too because of the half damage/healing from Aura of the Lich.

raisenero
27-05-2005, 11:22
It's 100 times more useful than it might at first look. If you can get your life regeneration in the positive numbers (Life Siphon is a good candidate to do that, but Healing Breeze or Mending will do the trick too, or a combination of any of those), that means you're essentially taking half damage bug regenerating it at full speed. The heal at the end is a great perk.

It's similar to Illusion of Weakness. At first glance, it seems like an even trade off, but really, if you lose 100 life at a moment when you're not in any danger, but gain 100 life at a moment when it's critical, you've essentially been healed by 100 at no cost.

goblintrain
27-05-2005, 17:24
I think you could also use Demonic Flesh to add a lot of Hitpoints, which would count double too because of the half damage/healing from Aura of the Lich.

Yes, this works. However, unless they have changed it since the betas you must apply Demonic Flesh after AotL in order to recieve maximum benefit from it, otherwise it's health bonus gets halved when you put up the Aura.

AotL is an advanced skill imo. It can be a lifesaver or killer. My biggest word of advice when using it is to carry Plague Touch or Plague Sending when using this skill.