PDA

View Full Version : any way for a R/Me to solo farm?

Reikai
27-05-2005, 05:41
well, currently my R/Me is my only character, and I don't plan to make any others until i get this guy the best he can be...

however, I'm just wondering, is it possible for an R/Me to solo farm?>

if so, where?
anything I need to watch for?
any tips/tricks?
and finally, what equipment, or skills are prefered in such an area?

thanks.

Hunt3r_kill4
27-05-2005, 07:53
I doubt it, unless you bring some henchmen, which technically wouldn't be considered soloing. If thats what you meant, then no.

Orestes
27-05-2005, 08:31
Stay to were you can easily reteat, I know I will be hated for saying this, but when your solo farming, bring a pet, it will act as a meatshield and keep most of the attacks away from you. Try to bring your enemys down far away, use pin-down to try to get them to stay away. Use the landscape to your advantage, most of the time you can see an enemy before they can see your, try to find a nearby ridge or uphill area that you can attack from.

Faustie
27-05-2005, 12:05
Find some Hill Giants and farm for runes. Very simple.

Apply poison, and shoot/kite them. they're dumber than rocks, and never chase you further than 10ft.

The hard part is getting the rune to actually salvage *grrrr*

michaelw
31-05-2005, 08:32
yea dude i solo all the time with my 14 rang/mes .... key things are pet, Pin Down, Troll Unguent defenatly, and a spirit spell.

Pet to meat tank for you, pin down to keep and straglers away, troll unguent to heal def needed, and a spirit is awsome if pet is dead and you know your going to get agro you have it in front of you mobs will attack it... thats about your best way to survive.

keep a lvl head and always a way out and you will be fine... rangers can do great farming alone

Tannen
31-05-2005, 10:42
A dumb question, but... Where do you find hill giants? I think I've only encountered them on the Villainry quest, and in the mission where you have to sneak past the white mantle.

provoko
31-05-2005, 21:14
The only mesmer spell that i can think of that farms is conjure phantasm. As far as ranger farming, they're great, put on some defensive skills with troll ungent, bring poison/bleeding, barrage for mass farming (don't need it for single targets), storm chaser to run and you're set.

I wouldn't bring a pet because they don't run as fast, unless you bring another skill to boost their speed. Besides, a ranger has enough defensive/regeneration skills to solo farm anything.

The hill giants can be found in sanctum key, but it's about a 5-6 minute run. =( Does anyone know of closer giants? Oh and what do I do with these dumb gargantuan jawbones that they drop? Where is the collector for those?

Tannen
01-06-2005, 03:11
The hill giants can be found in sanctum key, but it's about a 5-6 minute run. =( Does anyone know of closer giants? Oh and what do I do with these dumb gargantuan jawbones that they drop? Where is the collector for those?

Can you be a little more specific?
Did I miss something?
I ran from sanctum, past the fire imps, and saw no giants. Scoured the area, no giants. Went into 2 adjacent zones, and still no giants...
I did see some Grand Drakes, and White Mantle people though.

provoko
02-06-2005, 14:43
Can you be a little more specific?
Did I miss something?
I ran from sanctum, past the fire imps, and saw no giants. Scoured the area, no giants. Went into 2 adjacent zones, and still no giants...
I did see some Grand Drakes, and White Mantle people though.

Past the fire imps, two undead grey guys, up the hill on the left, down the hill past the boss, make a right from the mantle foe, down the sand beach take the second passage through the mountains on the right, through the bone dragons, pull the lever and open the gate to get the 5 hill giants.

It's annoying and I need to find a better run.

The Red Wolf
04-06-2005, 10:30
A place i usually farm is outside the entrance of elona's reach. Killing sand drakes and scorpions isn't too hard if you take them in small groups.

I usually approach a group of 2, set a trap before engaging (usually barbed trap so i can run away if i have to), fire off a poison arrow, conjure phantasm, then use an evasive skill. Alternate health degenerating targets. Use troll ungent around half life, then just keep firing away. Eventually they will die, and you're left to pick up the spoils.

It's not the most glamorous way of farming, but it gets the job done.

this_barb
04-06-2005, 10:34
I think the hill giants in riverside are easier to run.