PDA

View Full Version : Best secondary for PvE Monk?

MintChocolateChipIceCream
27-05-2005, 05:07
What do you think would be the best secondary profession for a healer/protector PvE monk? It'd be nice if it actually benefited with a few spells and wasn't there just to look pretty. :uhhuh:

Riedd
27-05-2005, 05:34
I think most secondary is good.

A few helpfull spells:
Elementalist's "Ward against melee"
Mesmer's "Channeling" and "Energy tap"
Necro's "blood ritual", "well of blood"
Rangers different Spirits or Stances might help, so does warior's tactics skills but my I haven't unlocked enough warior and rangers skills yet ^^'
You should throw a glance at some of the many treads over the same subject on this forum.

CancerTen
27-05-2005, 06:42
What do you think would be the best secondary profession for a healer/protector PvE monk? It'd be nice if it actually benefited with a few spells and wasn't there just to look pretty. :uhhuh:

As a 16 Mo/Me, i can tell you it doesnt matter much in PvE. I started out using channeling and energy tap a lot, but once you reach level 10 or so you get enough equipment that mana doesnt become much of a problem. Another thing is, as a pure protector/healer, you want points in protection, healing and divine favor. If you want to be an effective healer, you cant spare any points, so inspiration stays very low and the energy gained from channeling/energy tap isnt worth the activation time.

On the other hand, At low levels (under 10) even with only 4 points in inspiration, energy tap gains 10 energy for 5, which is significant at lower levels. Id say take mesmer, get to four in inspiration and once you take the mesmer skills off your bar (which you will wind up doing at level 10-11), drop the inspiration for divine favor. That way you can always respec for PVP later with your mesmer secondary, and you can keep some helpful skills on some missions like inspired hex and inspired enchantment which dont need high levels to be effective.

Feynt
27-05-2005, 06:50
Inspired Hex is the ultimate hex removal. 5 energy (which instantly get refunded) and it's instant speed. Plus you can turn it around to help you out (like Spirit Shackles on mergoyles, or Spirit of Failure on whoever).

ColdwaveKid
27-05-2005, 07:36
I use a warrior so I can sprint in and out of combat.