PDA

View Full Version : My Build that Failed

Diceclock
27-05-2005, 17:37
I thought I'd share my build, the one that didn't work as well as I'd hoped. I think it's more an isssue of me playing it poorly than it being a poor build, but take it for what it is, maybe you can do something with it.

E/Mes

10 Earth
10 Energy
10 Domination

Equip = Minor Earth, Earth Head gear (all I have that's usefull)

Armor of Earth
Stone Daggers
Obsidion Flame
Ether Renewal
Arora of Restoration
Hex Breaker
Backfire
Arcane Echo

PvP Strategy

Pre-fight
Aurora of Restoration
Armor of Earth

Fight
Backfire
Arcane Echo
Ether Renewal

Spam Stone Daggers. Between Ether Renewal and Aurora of Restoration, you'll heal yourself for about 800 over the course of 10 seconds. Your energy will be full by the time your done.

Then spam Stone Daggers for 5 more seconds. Net heal about 200. Use about 30 Energy.

Hit your 2nd Ether Renewal (arcane echo'd version). Spam Stone daggers. Again, net heal about 800. Follow with 5 more seconds of Stone daggers. Net heal 200, and you should be at about 3/4 Energy.

Rinse. Repeat. Never run out of HP or Energy.

I found the casting of Arcane Echo to repeat Ether Renewal to be too mana consuming and too complicated for me to pull off effectively. It worked fantastic the first round, but between dropping buffs and timing issues, I couldn't never get it to work well a 2nd time per fight. Backfire was too easily removed by those with Hex Removers, because I didn't have another hex I could lay on top of it. My Buffs dropped too often, and would need critical mana to put back on.

There. I hope that leads some of you to start thinking in a new direction besides all the huge flashy damage. People say Stone Daggers suck, but when you cast it non-stop for a few minutes, it really adds up.

AlucardInsig
27-05-2005, 18:11
I thought I'd share my build, the one that didn't work as well as I'd hoped. I think it's more an isssue of me playing it poorly than it being a poor build, but take it for what it is, maybe you can do something with it.

E/Mes

10 Earth
10 Energy
10 Domination

Equip = Minor Earth, Earth Head gear (all I have that's usefull)

Armor of Earth
Stone Daggers
Obsidion Flame
Ether Renewal
Arora of Restoration
Hex Breaker
Backfire
Arcane Echo

PvP Strategy

Pre-fight
Aurora of Restoration
Armor of Earth

Fight
Backfire
Arcane Echo
Ether Renewal

Spam Stone Daggers. Between Ether Renewal and Aurora of Restoration, you'll heal yourself for about 800 over the course of 10 seconds. Your energy will be full by the time your done.

Then spam Stone Daggers for 5 more seconds. Net heal about 200. Use about 30 Energy.

Hit your 2nd Ether Renewal (arcane echo'd version). Spam Stone daggers. Again, net heal about 800. Follow with 5 more seconds of Stone daggers. Net heal 200, and you should be at about 3/4 Energy.

Rinse. Repeat. Never run out of HP or Energy.

I found the casting of Arcane Echo to repeat Ether Renewal to be too mana consuming and too complicated for me to pull off effectively. It worked fantastic the first round, but between dropping buffs and timing issues, I couldn't never get it to work well a 2nd time per fight. Backfire was too easily removed by those with Hex Removers, because I didn't have another hex I could lay on top of it. My Buffs dropped too often, and would need critical mana to put back on.

There. I hope that leads some of you to start thinking in a new direction besides all the huge flashy damage. People say Stone Daggers suck, but when you cast it non-stop for a few minutes, it really adds up.

may be you can consider using Double attunment + Aura of restoration instead of Double renewal + AOR, that would be a bit less health reg but almost unlimited mana, the biggest advantage is it last longer and u dont need to spend combat time maintening them

Diceclock
27-05-2005, 18:17
Attunment helps with Mana Costs, but when i spend less Mana, Aurora Heals me less. I've also found it impossible to Echo effectively without the near unlimmited Mana of having 2 Ether Renewals, and even then it was too much mana.

Typically when I needed to start my cycle again, I had about 20-30 Mana, which wasn't enough to cast my dropped buffs, then Arcane Echo, then Ether Renewal, then Stone daggers. Hit me with enchantment stripping and it was even worse.

But when it worked, my god did it work beautifully. There were times when my cycles worked to perfection. I was in one battle with 3 W/Mo's and a Ranger just throwing everything they had at me, and I lived for about 2 minutes, while the rest of my team was dead, and even managed to kill the ranger.

The best was hearing one of the W/Mo's say, "OMG why won't this Elementalist just DIE????"

FowerFighter
27-05-2005, 18:53
Attunment helps with Mana Costs, but when i spend less Mana, Aurora Heals me less. I've also found it impossible to Echo effectively without the near unlimmited Mana of having 2 Ether Renewals, and even then it was too much mana.

Nope, You will cast the spell and then retreave the energy again, so you will be healed for the full amount

AlucardInsig
27-05-2005, 19:06
Nope, You will cast the spell and then retreave the energy again, so you will be healed for the full amount

Ya you dont spend less with Attune, you just get it back so the heal is the same, and ether renew itself is a big drain on mana

lets compare

For every 30 second you will have to cast:

Echo - 15 mana 2s 20sc
ether renew - 10 mana 1s 30sc
ether renew - 10 mana 1s 30sc

While at full enchant
You regenerate 90 health per cast (way way higher)
You regenerate 40 mana per cast (so your mana will increase, but much of those are wasted cuz u cant hold that much)

HOWEVER:
thats 1.5 upkeep spent per second, 1/5 of the time u have to commit to casting just those, the biggest problem is the cool down diffrence where u become vulnuble will depend but it will be at minumum 30 sec/ minute.

that means your actual full capacity battle time is 18 second per minute

With a dual attune + aura build:

Every 60 second you will have to cast:
Air - 10mana 2s 60sc
Ele - 10mana 2s 60sc
Aura - 10 mana 0s 20sc

You recover 15-45 per cast depend on skill most likely about 20/sec
You recover 80% of the mana, add in natural regen and the mana is unlimited

that 0.5 mana spend per second, 1/30 of the time u have to commit casting, the cool down diffrence is 10 second/minute.

your full capacity battle time will be 48 sec/minute

Considering stone dagger does 20dps/sec to single, the first build does a 360 damage per minute just using the daggers, the second one does 960 damage.