PDA

View Full Version : Level 19 E/Me Requests Advice

Turd Ferguson
27-05-2005, 18:54
I'm currently in the Amnoon Oasis and I feel both lost and useless. I'm using 57 pyromancer armor, a customized 11-21 fire wand and a +12 energy fire artifact.

Fire Magic: 12
Energy Storage: 11

Skills
Conjure Flame: +13 additional fire damage for 60 seconds
Aura of Restoration: 334% of spell cost added to health
Immolate: 41 initial damage, 3 seconds of burning
Fireball: 91 damage
Phoenix: 91 damage nearby, 75 when it hits
Fire Storm: 24 damage for 10 seconds
Meteor Shower: 91 damage for 10 seconds
Lava Font: 24 damage for 5 seconds

I'm having serious problems in the desert with this build but I'm not sure whether it's my fault or my team. Should I switch elements for the desert or maybe redestribute some points into a mesmer secondary? Suggestions are appreciated.

Aire
27-05-2005, 19:17
Firstly you have no armour skills or decent health skills :P Try swapping your secondary in Ammoon to Monk, grabbing Divine Boon and spamming it with Ether Renewal - that'll help you a lot. Conjure is almost useless with Ele's as you shouldn't be using your wand :s

/Aire :)

Turd Ferguson
27-05-2005, 19:20
Wait, you can change your secondary prof? Who do I talk to?

FowerFighter
27-05-2005, 20:08
there are paths spread over the desert, 3 towns lieing around augury rock..
Those paths will make you able to switch

jvxmtg
27-05-2005, 20:48
Don't abandon Mesmer just yet, you can survive in the desert with it just fine, I have the same build with one of my character, so I know.

Here is my build:
1) Flare
2) Immolate
3) Epidemic
4) Fire Storm
5) Ether Feast
6) Ward Against Foe
7) Inspired Enchatment
8) Inspired Hex

You only need to pump your Fire, Inspiration, and Energy Storage but Inspiration must be atleast level 12.

- Ward Against Foe is your get away skill, you really don't want any enemy near you, use it then run out of range.

- The use Inspired Hex and Enchantment is a given, but you must use this accordingly

- Epidemic is used to spread the Burning condition from Immolate.

- The use of Flare, Fire Storm and Ether Feast are obvious.

Try this and you'll love E/M build ;)

Shalindra
28-05-2005, 13:13
Don't abandon Mesmer just yet, you can survive in the desert with it just fine, I have the same build with one of my character, so I know.

Here is my build:
1) Flare
2) Immolate
3) Epidemic
4) Fire Storm
5) Ether Feast
6) Ward Against Foe
7) Inspired Enchatment
8) Inspired Hex

You only need to pump your Fire, Inspiration, and Energy Storage but Inspiration must be atleast level 12.

- Ward Against Foe is your get away skill, you really don't want any enemy near you, use it then run out of range.

- The use Inspired Hex and Enchantment is a given, but you must use this accordingly

- Epidemic is used to spread the Burning condition from Immolate.

- The use of Flare, Fire Storm and Ether Feast are obvious.

Try this and you'll love E/M build ;)

Im just about to try this build.. but.. is it possible to use aura of restoration instead of ether feast? cause i think its faster to use..

Warskullx
28-05-2005, 14:34
The simple choice may be swapping from fire to air. While fire has the nice AoE damage potential the ability for air to wipe out single opponents rapidly becomes far more valueable late game. Air attumenment, lightning orb, chain lightning, and lightning strike can go a long way. Those 4 skills give you a fairly solid damage output focused on single targets. Take one out and move to the next. You can then either use mesmer to supplement your magic or control your enemy. If you want to really up your damage output use arcane echo or echo to give yourself two lightning orbs. You will eat up mana fast though so you will need inspiration magic to get more.

caffemacchiato
31-05-2005, 23:12
The simple choice may be swapping from fire to air. While fire has the nice AoE damage potential the ability for air to wipe out single opponents rapidly becomes far more valueable late game. Air attumenment, lightning orb, chain lightning, and lightning strike can go a long way. Those 4 skills give you a fairly solid damage output focused on single targets. Take one out and move to the next. You can then either use mesmer to supplement your magic or control your enemy. If you want to really up your damage output use arcane echo or echo to give yourself two lightning orbs. You will eat up mana fast though so you will need inspiration magic to get more.

I am level 14 Fire/Monk. What should I do to switch to air? How much attribute should I leave for Fire?

Can someone give a good attribute distribution for me? I am currentling thinking of chaning from Fire/Monk to Air/Monk. Would it be advisable for me to change from Fire/Monk to Air/Nec? Is that too much trouble?

Please advice.