energy burn
conjure phan
phantom pain
sympathetic visage
energy drain (elite)
ether feast

basicly a all around anti caster/melee
My main problem is i can't decide which elite skill to use
i can always use energy tap instead of energy drain, so what's your advice?
(also should i sub any other skills)
Which skill should I get rid for resserect? trust me its worth it with 8 fast cast
and lastly, fast cast is 7+1 and i'm not changing that, really helps
and dom is 9+1+1 because i like the dom mask more than the other ones

Poor Tom
28-05-2005, 22:24
If I were you, I'd drop the Illusion and Conjure Phantasm.... Yea It's a cool spell and man does it ake people run in circles like monkeys... But I'm convinced Illusion is only really super usefull if you have a secondary class that messes with "Conditions" all the time... like a ranger or necro.

This is just my opinion... but the most fun I've had is when a Mesmer has tons of Domination and is able to fwakoom people from behind ledges or walls and they don't even know who is hitting them or targeting them... Works for PvE and PvP.

Mesmers never get a pat on the back cause no one can tell that they are the ones doing massive damage, or even keeping the warrior's Energy drained. :)

mes/mo

FC 7+1
Dom 9+1+1
Illu 1+1
Insp 10+1

back fire
empathy
energy burn
conjure phan
phantom pain
sympathetic visage
energy drain (elite)
ether feast

basicly a all around anti caster/melee
My main problem is i can't decide which elite skill to use
i can always use energy tap instead of energy drain, so what's your advice?
(also should i sub any other skills)
Which skill should I get rid for resserect? trust me its worth it with 8 fast cast
and lastly, fast cast is 7+1 and i'm not changing that, really helps
and dom is 9+1+1 because i like the dom mask more than the other ones

Nern
28-05-2005, 23:32
Oh crap!! I put 1+1 for illusion, I meant 10+1 !! lol
and phantom pain is my other illusion skill

Feynt
28-05-2005, 23:34
Sympathetic Visage is also Illusion if I'm not mistaken. Useful for killing a warrior's battle momentum.

Nern
29-05-2005, 03:03
what he said

minetryk
02-06-2005, 21:15
two skills to consider

Ineptitude for your elite. The other team will really hate you, especially if you carry epidemic, but I wouldn't bother. That's for wariors

blackout turns off a monk or dangerous caster for 6 seconds. your skills turn off too, for 5 seconds if you have 11 or 12 domination. This is VERY usefull in PvP is you take out the "help" player, usually a monk, who is trying to heal his buddy, who is getting focus fired on.

Also, with 11 or 12 inspiration, you can cast power drain for 5 to get 25 and interrupt. energy tap gives you 13 for 5. use mantra of recovery and maybe ethor lord, and you start spaming your 5-10 energy spells across various opponents (illusion to hinder) toss a blackout on the monk here and there...

chaos

in theory, its all in my head. I'm a lvl 15 R/Me without most of these skills

S my D
03-06-2005, 03:01
I think if you are going to run many hexes mantra of persistance will really complement your build.

Mantra of Persistance ~ stance ~ 15 energy ~ for X seconds your hexes last Y% longer

I didn't bother looking up the numbers but at 9ish inspiration, your hexes will last 70% longer (the stance lasts for 70 seconds at 9)

ALSO: you might wan't to bring along an interrupt. I find interrupts are most useful when you backfire a caster, and notice them casting a spell like Remove Hex, which you DON'T want :D. Another cheap trick is to stack another fast hex on them after backfire so they waste energy, time, and health taking off the WRONG hex (I know conjure phantasm is an instand cast at 1/4 second + fastcast)

Jijimuge
03-06-2005, 03:32
Just to clarify, Mantra of Persistence only works on your *illusion* magic hexes, so won't extend domination hexes like backfire :(

Wastrel's Worry is a good one to cast after backfire....damned if they do, damned if they don't...and it protects the backfire, too.

phatdawg
03-06-2005, 18:11
The build looks good in paper, but it seems like you are trying to do too many things at the same time.
I think you are better off choosing 2 attribs out of the 3.

Here's my suggestion:

1) Choose whether you want to do damage over time, or spike damage.
2) If you choose damage over time, drop backfire and take ressurect.
3) If you choose spike damage, drop empathy, conjure phantasm, phantom pain, and energy drain (*). Replace with wastrel's worry, energy surge (*), ressurect and energy tap.