PDA

View Full Version : Mes/Necro or Mes/Monk?

Brisbane
28-05-2005, 03:53
I started a mesmer because I really enjoy the idea of being a thorn in everyone's side during combat :D So far I have really liked the character but I am stuck on what second profession to take. I was thinking of going elemental but I have already seen many mes/ele so I am not going to do that.

Basically, I want to be as annoying as possible when fighting others. I really like being in parties so dealing damage isn't a big deal to me. I was thinking either necro, for the extra curses to disable players, or monk, for healing and resurrecting allies. The more people I can get cursing over their keyboards at my, the better.

Any replies will be appreciated, thanks

Nobleman Azure
28-05-2005, 06:05
My advice, if you like becoming a pest, is be a Mes/Necro because of a bigger selection of comboing hexes and spells that could greatly amplify your...well lets say "pest-factor"

*EDIT*
btw its nice to see another fellow who embrace the arts of control over the rashness of damage-dealing.

Nern
28-05-2005, 20:10
mes/mo is really annoying too.
lets say the entire team is trying to kill this one warrior but he keeps getting healed
he finally dies, you start ressing (with fast cast) and hes right back up again

Hokutan
28-05-2005, 21:21
mes/mo is really annoying too.
lets say the entire team is trying to kill this one warrior but he keeps getting healed
he finally dies, you start ressing (with fast cast) and hes right back up again

Both are great,if your not huge into damage go with the me/monk,if your into damage go the necro route ,think hex galore + the necro spell "Soul Barbs"
Either way both are really annoying :happy14:

Hokutan
28-05-2005, 21:23
Both are great,if your not huge into damage go with the me/monk,if your into damage go the necro route ,think hex galore + the necro spell "Soul Barbs"
Either way both are really annoying :happy14:

Forgot to mention mark of Pain with that hex + SoulBarb combo - REALLY Annoying

Brisbane
29-05-2005, 02:07
Forgot to mention mark of Pain with that hex + SoulBarb combo - REALLY Annoying

Thanks for all the replies. I think I will go Mes/Necro because it will make me the bigger pain to other players. There's also many Warrior/Monks and other Monk subgroups out there for the healing. I'm assuming the combo above is for a Mes/Necro so I'll probably go that route. Thanks again, if there's any other arguments for the Mes/Monk, fire them out :)

TheCheech
29-05-2005, 02:42
A Mesmer/Necro can be a RIGHT PAIN!
But for something alittle different try a ranger and work with some traps. Its funny watching a W/Monk running at you while crippled and slow while bleeding and abit of Con-Phan or empathy so when he does get to you he is hurting from trying to hit you.

Brisbane
29-05-2005, 03:06
A Mesmer/Necro can be a RIGHT PAIN!
But for something alittle different try a ranger and work with some traps. Its funny watching a W/Monk running at you while crippled and slow while bleeding and abit of Con-Phan or empathy so when he does get to you he is hurting from trying to hit you.

Heh, that would be fun to do. I was thinking of going Mes/Ranger earlier, and I even found the rabbit in pre-searing that was tempting to charm but I figured the novelty would wear off quickly...or it wouldn't work. Anyways, thanks for the suggestion though, it sounds like a unique build.

I think I'm going to go the Mes/Necro route to be the best player disabler possible. Again, thanks for all the replies and suggestions.

Nobleman Azure
29-05-2005, 04:04
There's also many Warrior/Monks and other Monk subgroups out there for the healing.

be careful, the label Mo does not mean they are there to heal. Warriors have little amount of energy that they wouldnt be able to effectively heal.

Brisbane
29-05-2005, 04:15
Now I'm not too sure what way to go. I guess the fast casting and healing, complimented by all the energy draining would be really beneficial to a group. I was looking at some of the necro skills and from what I have seen they steal life and the likes more than disable other players. Are there any monk skills that disable players, or, since disabling is my main goal over actually killing them, is the necro the way to go?

Heh, I read your post on how you were dancing in front of the warrior and he couldn't hit you. I want to mess with people on that level.

Nobleman Azure
29-05-2005, 05:03
heh ^^;;

well in terms of combo potential, Mes/necro would be better, both classes use hexes to screw with opponents as well as a hex-friendly spell Soul Barbs. Fastcasting heals is good but in no time you will run out of energy and that weighs down the advantages by a whole lot.

Brisbane
29-05-2005, 05:08
Alright, I went the Necro route, thanks again for all the help!