PDA

View Full Version : Necromancer/Elementalist Build???

Tsukaza
28-05-2005, 19:26
Well I just started the game yesterday and i made a necromancer/elementalist and i was wondering how i should build it. I havent use a point in anything just to make sure i dont screw up.

Hokutan
28-05-2005, 23:01
Well I just started the game yesterday and i made a necromancer/elementalist and i was wondering how i should build it. I havent use a point in anything just to make sure i dont screw up.

you can always re adjust the points,as far as a build goes i would try out first using Death/Curse/And the Fire element ,and see how that works for you ,use the curse for weakening them/the fire for causing much damage,and death for heals and more damage. Good Luck

Razorwind
29-05-2005, 02:30
Well, u can try alot of stuff
but ele may be ur main dmg skills

i tried fire/death ice/curse(soul barbs) air/blood...all very usefull =)

Mcdeath
29-05-2005, 09:38
Hmmm.

You're in for a tough time at the beginning because you don't get Flare. Flare is an Elementalist spell that does good fire damage for 5 energy and recharges quickly. So, if you had Flare, you could spam it out as your primary attack. But a Necro/Ele doesn't get it. So you'll have to rely on Vampire Gaze, Lightning Javelin, etc etc etc. All of these attack spells recharge relatively slowly and cost 10 - 15 energy.

Frankly I did the Necro and Elementalis quests and then went right to post-searing. Hanging around pre-searing, and trying to do quests without Flare, isn't worth the hassle IMHO. Then again my Necro/Ele was my 5th character so pre-searing wasn't all that interesting to me either at that point.

Without Flare, a Necro/Ele is difficult. With Flare a Necro/Ele is pretty nice. With a good level in Soul Reaping and Fire, or whatever elementalist attack skill you want, you can kill things relatively quickly, and recharge your energy from all the dead. Another technique is to raise minions when you have excess energy. After a fight is over I generally will raise one or two minions and carry them along as walking Duracells. With Soul Reaping you get energy for any death. Anything that dies will give you energy. Allies, friends, enemies, critters, pets and your own minions. My Necro/ele's main problem is not being able to cast fast enough. I'm looking for a wand/focus combination that will give fast casting and very fast recharge. Energy generally isn't a problem and I usually end a fight with max energy or close to it.

But life without Flare is not worth living IMHO. :)

If you have further questions, leave them here. I'll check back.

Feynt
29-05-2005, 12:19
You can buy Flare once you pass through the academy. In fact the only primary exclusive skill that you can't buy after the academy is Healing Breeze for monks. It MUST be obtained either by Signet of Capture or buying it late game.

Mcdeath
29-05-2005, 15:44
Hmmm.

Yup. Which is why I advise getting into post-searing ASAP. Trying to adventure without Flare, for a Necro/Ele direct damage dealer, is just not worth living. Then again if you're trying to make a "minion master", someone who raises minions, then Flare might not be an issue for you. It was for me though.

Dinkytoy
29-05-2005, 16:35
You can buy Flare once you pass through the academy. In fact the only primary exclusive skill that you can't buy after the academy is Healing Breeze for monks. It MUST be obtained either by Signet of Capture or buying it late game.

My Ranger/Monk has had Healing Breeze pretty early on post-searing, although I don't remember where I got it. Definately not captured because I haven't gotten that far to even have capture signet.

Teroniss
29-05-2005, 18:47
I have a Necro/Ele build myself, and for the storyline part of the game, i use a build that consists of maxed out fire magic, maxed out curses and 4 in Blood Magic, and my 8 skills are currently Faintheartedness, Parasitic Bond, Life Siphon, Fireball, Lava Font, Firestorm, Flare and Rez Signet. I use Faintheartedness on the close combat enemies, then use firestorm on the ranged combat enemies and lavafont on those in melee, the precede to flare everything in the way. It tends to work pretty well. If i start to get low on HP, i use Life Siphon on a couple of enemies.