PDA

View Full Version : Mes/ele, ele/Mess, wats the diff?

Brego
30-05-2005, 21:31
Hi, im a BIG fan of the mesmer class, and ive been thinking alot about what to pair with it for my final char (ive lots of alts kicking about im trying, Rag/mes, Mes/nec, ele/mes)
But ive only got to lvl 9 with all these combo, or there about.
What i want to know is, whats the diff between a Mes/Ele and a Ele/Mes,
I know i would only get to use the primary atribute (the ele storage seems so much better than the mes quick casting).
Is the amour any diff in value? what about runes, as a Ele/Mes can i use Mes runes or am i stuck with Ele runes only?
if i was to go Ele/Mes useing mostly Domination, Illution and Wind (or ice) spells would i be as effective as if i went mes/Ele?
i find the gw system a bit confuseing at time, the Runes is something thats confused me :P

Nobleman Azure
30-05-2005, 21:39
Being a mesmer, fast casting is not to be trifled with...using inspiration can get your energy back up in no time, and so it pars with energy storage except when battling exhaustion.

Mesmers also have better armor to compliment casters. Instead of elementalists armor being specifically protective against an element, mesmers have armor that gives extra armor levels when you are casting, armors that add more energy and armors that have extra armor levels but weak against earth.

Runes also is a factor. If you are going to specialize in mesmer spells, then you might wnat to be a primary mesmer because you cant use mesmer runes on elementalist armor. (and vice versa)

Brego
30-05-2005, 21:50
Runes also is a factor. If you are going to specialize in mesmer spells, then you might wnat to be a primary mesmer because you cant use mesmer runes on elementalist armor. (and vice versa)

Thats the bit i was interested in. I want to get higher in more mes skills than ele, so it seems mes/ele is the way to go then. I cant be botherd to start again, i will just level my mes/nec till i can respec 2ndary class, never know i might find sum necro skills that make me keep the combo.

Thanks again for the fast reply.

Feynt
30-05-2005, 22:15
Also, there's plenty of ways to increase your energy full time, but there's no way to get a constant reduction in casting speed through equipment. Being able to crack out Meteor Storm in 3 seconds can be worth it at times, and I'm sure I don't have to tell you how useful being able to cast Resurrect in a record 4-5 seconds would be. If Vengence is a widely accepted battle res because of it's speed, Resurrect in 5 should be pretty good too (so long as you don't pop up in the middle of a battle group, only to get smacked down again). You also get Mantra of Recovery which halves the recycle time on your spells while it's active, very useful for spells like Lightning Strike, Arcane Echo, Backfire, etc.

Still, you won't be able to get the most out of Ether Prodigy or Ether Renewal as you would if your primary were elementalist.

Tribo
31-05-2005, 00:13
Thats the bit i was interested in. I want to get higher in more mes skills than ele, so it seems mes/ele is the way to go then. I cant be botherd to start again, i will just level my mes/nec till i can respec 2ndary class, never know i might find sum necro skills that make me keep the combo.

Thanks again for the fast reply.

Im just wondering, what attribute are u planning to boost? because Domination/Ele doesnt work that good (at least for me). First I always run out of mana, second, i cant heal myself. I would suggest doing Me/N or Me/Mo if ur gonna do domination.

And one more thing, i found it very effective to max out one attribute and put the rest on the second one.10 10 11 doesnt work for me as well, but that's only one person's opinion. Well if you have any questions about using Me/N domination, im the man

alexmatusiak
31-05-2005, 20:28
[QUOTE=Nobleman Azure]Being a mesmer, fast casting is not to be trifled with...using inspiration can get your energy back up in no time, and so it pars with energy storage except when battling exhaustion.[QUOTE]

/nod

Don't forget that there are a lot of spell interrupts out there, and a second or more off the casting time of bigger spells is less time for your opponents to get that interrupt in.

IMHO, fast casting turns an elementalist, in to a PvP elementalist. E/Me with its larger starting enery store and thus ability to suck more exhaustion makes for better PvE AOE etc.

Then again, I play more PvE than PvP and I still go Me primary wtih my elementalist, although I'm now working on a Me/N. Meh.

-A-

Gwyndion
31-05-2005, 20:41
I'm a M/E atm, I got 8 levels in fast casting, but wwhen I ascend, i'll probably change my elementalist to necro for leach skills, their curses etc or monks for their healing and resurrection, i'm a domination/inspiration mesmer, what do you think would work best?