PDA

View Full Version : N/Mo worth it? more questions inside

The Tyblat
30-05-2005, 22:11
Ok, heres the deal. I dont know what to train next. I have a level 6 monk in pre searing and i havent picked a secondary for him yet. I was thinking of either Necromancer or mesmer. I also have a level 4 Necromancer, and i was wondering if i should get monk as his secondary to try and heal my bone horrors, or is that even worth it? For my necro, i was either gonna choose monk or mesmer, and for my monk, mesmer or necro (i know its weird lol)
so is it worth trying to heal my bone horrors or should i just go N/Me?

brotherjenos
31-05-2005, 05:43
Ok, heres the deal. I dont know what to train next. I have a level 6 monk in pre searing and i havent picked a secondary for him yet. I was thinking of either Necromancer or mesmer. I also have a level 4 Necromancer, and i was wondering if i should get monk as his secondary to try and heal my bone horrors, or is that even worth it? For my necro, i was either gonna choose monk or mesmer, and for my monk, mesmer or necro (i know its weird lol)
so is it worth trying to heal my bone horrors or should i just go N/Me?

well, healing breeze might work some, but for healing your minions, using the death magic minion heals is probably much more effecitve. however, n/mo as a healer is a lot of fun.

Rad
31-05-2005, 07:14
go N/Mo!!

Granted Mesmer is a ton of fun, I think to fully enjoy them you'd need to go Mesmer as your primary (my opinion) for fast cast.

My N/Mo is currently my favorite class yet. I've tried them all, and my playstyle fits N/mo perfectly.

My build is mostly monk skills (for primary healer) and the only necro skill I have that I really use is summon bone horror. It's great great fun, cause I get to heal my team extremely effectively, I get mana when stuff dies, and I can have an army of up to 5 horrors at once (unless I heal them) - plus I'll be able to have more summons when I max death magic (only at 7 right now, so 5 is my "limit" before they start dying off).

Suggestion though... don't think having monk secondary will make your summons last that much longer. Yes, cast some nice monk spells on them and they will last longer, but the longer your summon lives the faster its health regens, so you won't be able to effectively keep them alive.

I use my summons as a way to deal damage without doing anything. I focus on healing my team, and have them run around attacking random stuff until they die.

You could potentially pick up a couple monk spells to focus on giving your horrors the longest life possible, but you would ultimately be wasting your time as they don't do an extremely large amount of damage, and you won't be doing much damage or team healing.. Who knows though, I'm convinced anything can work in guild wars if you learn how and try your hardest :D

Hope you enjoy it!

-Rad

Mystic Tiger
31-05-2005, 07:31
Keeping your bone minions is not feasable using monk skills, because you will drain your energy insanely fast. You can heal them with necromancer skills more effectively. Also, as you get farther in the game, pets/summons get more detrimental than helpful, because they do not last long in battle, but tend to drag extra creatures to you. I recommend blood skills as your primary, since my PvP N/Mo is able to last while running through some opposing teams, due to healing breeze and life transfer healing me so fast that all the damage I take is healed almost instantly. Either that or go death/curse/healing so that you can keep healed while doing AOE drains.