PDA

View Full Version : Should i quit Necro's to train a new Mesmer/???

The Tyblat
30-05-2005, 23:23
hey! i love casting spells and hexes and stuff, i have a Mo/???, a N/W, a W/Mo, and i was thinking of making a Mesmer/???
Right now im training my Necro really hard, hes pretty cool but the life stealing stuff and massive energy use is getting old. I was thinking, do you guys think that mesmers are more powerful than necros? HONESTLY. If so to heck with my necro :D
also, whats a good secondary for a mesmer?

alexmatusiak
30-05-2005, 23:59
Right now I'm makin a Me/N and I think he's awesome. He stands up if I want to 'grind' solo because with all the life stealing that you already love so much, a Me/N is much more durable than a Me/E for example.

You seem like you enjoy playing Neco already so why not combine the two? Trust me, any combo in the game has its own strong and weak points, and none are useless. I think, however, if you go N/Me you'll have far less trouble with Mana, and would be better off PvE, but in PvP play, I find the faster casting a big bonus, and I also use Mantra of Recovery atm because I'm currently using Death magic and trying minions in PvP. They work well with Mantra because you can cast twice as fast, twice as often

Cheers

-Alex

EDIT: Honestly, I chose Me/N instead of N/Me at the start because my first char to 20 was a N/W and I just got tired of that armour/look. Also, imho, the Me looks cool especially as a Necro, because you have the whole 18th century mad scientist robbing graves and doing experiments of people aura.

Nobleman Azure
31-05-2005, 03:22
hey! i love casting spells and hexes and stuff, i have a Mo/???, a N/W, a W/Mo, and i was thinking of making a Mesmer/???
Right now im training my Necro really hard, hes pretty cool but the life stealing stuff and massive energy use is getting old. I was thinking, do you guys think that mesmers are more powerful than necros? HONESTLY. If so to heck with my necro :D
also, whats a good secondary for a mesmer?

neither is better. IN terms of slap fights lol:

Mesmer excels in slapping the opponents face for doing something as well as actually stopping them from slapping you.
Necro excels in making opponents weak enough for a more hurtful slap or weak enough to be able to make their slaps less hurtful lol

It depends on your playstyle, its not which is better, its actually which would you have more fun doing

Blood Haven
01-06-2005, 02:03
im retireing my N/W for a Me/N mainly just for pvp...

Mcjjashik
01-06-2005, 22:25
neither is better. IN terms of slap fights lol:

Mesmer excels in slapping the opponents face for doing something as well as actually stopping them from slapping you.
Necro excels in making opponents weak enough for a more hurtful slap or weak enough to be able to make their slaps less hurtful lol

It depends on your playstyle, its not which is better, its actually which would you have more fun doing

lol humourous way of saying that.