PDA

View Full Version : Which Path to take with Attribute points?

LifePincher
31-05-2005, 06:02
Currently R/Me but I'm just focusing on pure Ranger at the moment.
I have 5x extra attribute points in other misc. skills just to test at the moment but don't really use.

Marksmanship= 12 (15 total w/major rune and mask)
Expertise= 11 (13 total w/major rune)
Wilderness Survival= 6 (7 total w/minor rune)

My question is........
Should I take a lvl off of Marksmanship & Expertise (36 attr. pnts plus the 5x extra I have= 41) & boost Wilderness Survival to 10 (11total) while having 1x left over in a misc. skill, or just take the 5x I had left over originally, put them in a Mesmer skill and keep it how it is now?

EliteNewbz
31-05-2005, 06:59
Currently R/Me but I'm just focusing on pure Ranger at the moment.
I have 5x extra attribute points in other misc. skills just to test at the moment but don't really use.

Marksmanship= 12 (15 total w/major rune and mask)
Expertise= 11 (13 total w/major rune)
Wilderness Survival= 6 (7 total w/minor rune)

My question is........
Should I take a lvl off of Marksmanship & Expertise (36 attr. pnts plus the 5x extra I have= 41) & boost Wilderness Survival to 10 (11total) while having 1x left over in a misc. skill, or just take the 5x I had left over originally, put them in a Mesmer skill and keep it how it is now?

Not a lot of people max out marksmanship? I think the best bow that needs the most marks is 13? What about Conjure Phantasm? and Backfire? What build are you making actually? Killing support/tanks/ etc? more details!

LWjd
31-05-2005, 07:10
I Wouldn't put 12 in marks. You want 11-12 in marks AFTER runes/masks, so if you put 9 in marks, your mask and a minor rune should put you at 12. I mean, refunding from 12-9 points gives you like 50 attributes I think. Those could easily be put to better use than a 12% increase in base damage. Just try not to go over 12 marksmanship after runes, it really isn't worth it (unless you are going for PURE damage). The difference between 15 and 12 really is only about 10%.

Also, what wilderness survival skills are you using? If you have it only for troll ungent, I suggest taking that down to 0 and speccing inspiration magic.

Inspiration will give you a lot of useful spells, just check it out. It also gives you the mesmer heal (not as good as troll ungent, but if you aren't using anything else in wilderness its not worth it).

Remove enchantments/hexes, energy manipulation, and some good stances (physical resistance) are in inspiration magic.

Kashius
31-05-2005, 08:11
Why not max out Marks? Better damage, higher Crit percentage = faster killing I would imagine. And faster killing is always a good thing...or am I missing something? I know I personally use a lot of Marksmanship skills. Maybe because or damage is pretty lackluster it doesn't help as much as say a warrior maxing out weapon skills? I don't claim to know tons about the game so I could be completely wrong in my thinking.