PDA

View Full Version : "The Evil Count" - N/R - Your Thoughts?

rocketmaggot
31-05-2005, 07:12
I'm sorry, but i don't know if this build is established yet.
Anyway. Finding myself unable to deal enough damage, and fascinated by a show of the ranger's arsenal of traps, i decided to try a new build.

I call it "The Evil Count" because it reminds me of an old wicked man just setting traps in a castle while his minions do the real work. So, i need thoughts and comments, please.

1. Spike Trap [Elite]
2. Barbed Trap
3. Dust Trap
4. Blood Ritual
5. Well of Blood
---
6. Signet of Agony
7. Plague Sending
---
8. Resurrection Signet

Blood Magic - ?
Soul Reaping - ?
Wilderness Survival - ?

I am thinking of using Virulence, though i'd have to stop using Spike Trap. Also, I would have to throw some points into Death Magic, so i don't think that is such a good idea.

Items 6 and 7 are just for some damage. I really have no strong attachment to them, and their replacement is up to suggestion. Life Siphon and Vampiric Gaze, perhaps.

Thanks in advance for any advice offered.

ArnisArora
31-05-2005, 07:48
As a ranger, you can get antidote signet. I'd recommend throwing that in somewhere, at least from Yaks Bend - the deserts. Very, very useful. You don't know how many times it's saved my life.

rocketmaggot
31-05-2005, 15:47
Conditions shouldnt be a problem if i do keep plague sending;
i would rather pass it on to a bunch of monsters than simply cure myself of it.

James Page
01-06-2005, 18:46
I've got a similar build that focuses more on blood magic and life degen than actual trapping (I try not to rely on other people being smart enough to lure to my traps, it doesn't seem to work all that well).

Here's what I've got so far:

Barbed Trap (Spike trap would go here if I had it - I need to find it)
Awaken the Blood
Life Siphon
Rotting Flesh
Vampiric Gaze
Barbed Signet
Mark of Subversion
Strip Enchantment (not sure on name, the one that eats an enchant and steals 90ish HP)

It plays out pretty well, but with a low max energy (40ish - my staff only gives 10 energy, I was working on getting HP upgrades rather than NRG upgrades) I seem to run out fast. I'll usually lead, set a trap, wait for the enemy, cast awaken the blood, and then use Rotting Flesh and Life Siphon on whoever's called. This hits them with a lot of life degen (life siphon for me has a degen of 3... and it might go up to 4 once I get a sup blood rune instead of a major). Once that happens, I usually run out of energy, and I've got to wait until someone dies before I can cast another spell - most of the time.

I really like this build for PvP, it's been doing pretty well for me.

I've still got a spot open for an elite skill - any suggestions?