PDA

View Full Version : Measured Drop Rate - a test

Diceclock
31-05-2005, 16:05
Last night I perfected a template that would let me farm at a fantastic effeciency. I'm not here to share my farming techniques, but just the results on drop rates so you can figure them into your planning.

My technique allowed me to kill 8 level 20 creatures every 2.5 minutes. I did this alone, no henchies or other players in my party, allowing me to gage the drop rate quite effectively.

Over the course of an hour, I killed between 150-180 of these level 20 creatures. Here are the results of those kills.

3 Gold items
8 Purple items
30 Blue Items (aprox.)

10 Platinum in cash and junk items (including most of the blues and purples).

I hope this helps in your planning, good luck. :happy65:

Slip
31-05-2005, 16:07
very nice....now where did you go to kill them? :)

Parker Bsb
31-05-2005, 16:10
Nicely done Dice! Those figures seem about accurate (from my standpoint) if you have a chance report back with your next wad of findings... that way we may be able to figure out the statistics / how the game decids drops (Dii all over again :D)

Edit: If you have a chance get the exact # you killed and how many blue/purple/gold items dropped... white/gold are not as important (but if you record that I won't complain) :worship:

Diceclock
31-05-2005, 16:30
I plan on doing another session tonight, to see if the results are accurate. I wish I could give you more of an accurate count, but it's virtually impossible for me to count the mobs. I pull between 5-8 per run.

When I pull 5 it's an easy kill. When I pull 8 or even sometimes 10, I'll typically kill 6 or 7, and spam click the loot before I die. That's actually the hardest part. Many times I end up leaving 100 gold or so just lying on the ground, because I can only click so much loot before I die.

My estimates of 150-180 kills is based off the aproximate amount of mobs I pulled cross-referenced with the ammount of loot that dropped. It's probably closer to 180 than 150 honestly.

Just to wet my fellow farmers mouths, I'll mention the gold items.

Vampiric Longbow of Enchanting
Fiery Gladius of Swordsmanship
Fiery Longbow of Fortitude

kezee
31-05-2005, 17:00
very nice....now where did you go to kill them? :)
I agree... OR is this just to gloat or what? You really can't plan a farm run if you don't know where to start lol :surprise: :happy65:

Parker Bsb
31-05-2005, 17:01
LOL I never thought of pulling, killing lots and click spamming until I die! I guess you DO learn something new everyday :D

edit: if you LOOK around the forums he's already said approx where he goes :p

kezee
31-05-2005, 17:13
Geez :P That could take me a whole day :bow:
But ok ok...

Edit: Oh my god give me a hint lol :happy65:

Cordio Muffinhead
31-05-2005, 17:21
since you won't tell us where you farm,
I don't mind this part as much,
You have big hints already
(
My technique allowed me to kill 8 level 20 creatures every 2.5 minutes. I did this alone, no henchies or other players in my party, allowing me to gage the drop rate quite effectively. Over the course of an hour, I killed between 150-180 of these level 20 creatures. Here are the results of those kills.)

What is your character primary/secondary?
I can't seem to find a decent farming build.

Good job, by the way. :happy14:

Parker Bsb
31-05-2005, 17:29
People use all the tools to your advantage... he has said where he farms, as well as what "type" build he uses... not skills/allocations, but at least that it's a XXXXxxXXXXxXX - these words were deleted by dice :D

Diceclock
31-05-2005, 18:03
I can give you some general farming tips I've found.

1. Do it alone. People and Henchies both take loot and pull aggro you don't want.

2. Do it near a city, to cut down on your travel time.

3. Do high level mobs, shredding gimp mobs for lots of gimp loot is a waste of time. Only do that if your ok with just cash.

4. Find mobs that don't screw with your plan too much, aka don't farm things that Hex you or throw conditions at you.

5. Do it in cities where your not wasting your time running for a minute from port in location to the merchant.

Seeker of Something
31-05-2005, 18:10
I wish I could give you more of an accurate count, but it's virtually impossible for me to count the mobs.

You said you're killing all L20 creatures, and I assume that you are L20 as well, so you should be getting 100XP per kill. That makes it easy to count the number of kills, just record your XP before and after the run.

Big Bang
31-05-2005, 18:19
Heheh you tell them you make $$$ but dont tell them where, pretty bad there. 5-8 lv20 mobs at one time, I can tell your pro is either N or E since you die at 8-10 mobs, your armor isnot very good I suppose (if your pro is Mo you pro able to last longer). Well you use AoE spells to wipe them out but one thing i dont get is how come you cant kill them all at one time? lv20 mobs, the only thing I can think about is white mantle but I cant think of anywhere suitable to farm them, except if you're refering to the same old flesh golems. I farm there but the drop rate is lower than you, much less chance of gold items but much more money. Well I think I use the same technique as him: AoE spells and kill all before they kill you.

Diceclock
31-05-2005, 18:23
I do kill them all at once. Run out, aggro 5-8 mobs at once, kick the crap out of them, rinse repeat.

The Norse
31-05-2005, 18:51
Last night I perfected a template that would let me farm at a fantastic effeciency. I'm not here to share my farming techniques, but just the results on drop rates so you can figure them into your planning.

everyone wondering what this cocky child's PERFECT template is, well i dont know what skills he uses, but he posted this like 3:05 PM then the genious "refusing" to lay his template out in this thread manage to post this in another 3:54 PM.

I use Earth and Farm in the desert. I solo 8 level 20 creatures at a time, made 10 platinum, 3 golds, 8 purples yesterday in 1 hour.

not that i care, it just pisses me off when some just can't stop bragging bout themselfs. if i was sure i wouldnt get banned, i would have reffered to dice, with a better word then "some"

Darrian
31-05-2005, 19:07
Personally, I farm Lornar's Pass. I'm an ele/ranger, but the ranger part doesn't matter. Just go up the top route, kill the pinesouls and ice imps (you may get a ton of dp doing this, it doesn't matter). Then go after the ice golems, that's where the loot is. They're perfect because they're stupid. I lure them and then hide behind a rockface. They can't hit me, but my firestorm and meteor shower sure hit them. You can kill about 20 of them or more in a matter of minutes. Then just map back to Beacon's Perch, sell your loot or whatever, and repeat. You don't even have to be high level if you have patience. I take all my characters there at about level 12 and I don't move on until they're level 20. At the lower levels it helps to bring a monk hench, once you can do it on your own you're better off because you get all the gold and more xp. This may not be the area Mr. Uber Farmer is using, but it works for me.

Fonzo
31-05-2005, 19:08
since you won't tell us where you farm,
I don't mind this part as much,
You have big hints already
()

What is your character primary/secondary?
I can't seem to find a decent farming build.

Good job, by the way. :happy14:

Best farming build is a Smiter Monk, I find.

Load him up with Zealot's Fire, Balthazar's Aura, Symbol of Wrath, Healing Hands, Reversal of Fortune, then whatever else you want.

Max out smiting prayers and protection prayers.

Then activate ZF, run into a huge group of high level mobs and activate BA, SoW and HH, and keep using Reversal of Fortune to trigger ZF and to heal yourself.

Killabilly
31-05-2005, 20:33
Getting 10k an hour is really quite hard to believe...

So if you do this enough, eg. 4 hours a day, you can pratically get all 4 sets of 60k armour within one week. :eek:

Cartigan
31-05-2005, 20:36
I find zealots fire isnt too useful. I like shield of judgment, symbol of wrath and balthazars aura

aLittle Bird
31-05-2005, 20:50

So if you do this enough, eg. 4 hours a day, you can pratically get all 4 sets of 60k armour within one week. :eek:

10K per hour should not be hard to believe.

I make that easily and I am very , very lazy when it comes to selling the magic items that drop as I tend to just given em away in-guild and jsut sell the easy to move items such as dragon swords and great gold weapons.

Spending coin on 15K armor still seems pointless so I spend mine trying to buy high end upgrade items and also buying unidentified gold armor and weapons.

aLittle Bird
31-05-2005, 20:52
I find zealots fire isnt too useful. I like shield of judgment, symbol of wrath and balthazars aura

I use the following skills on my farmer.

Healing Breeze
Enchantment Spell
For 10 seconds, target ally gains +2..8 Health regeneration.

Healing Hands{Elite}
Enchantment Spell
For 10 seconds, Healing Hands heals target ally for 5..21 Health each time that ally suffers physical damage.

Shielding Hands
Enchantment Spell
For 10 seconds, damage received by target ally is reduced by 3..15.

Balthazar's Aura
Enchantment Spell
For 10 seconds, foes adjacent to target ally take 3..15 holy damage each second.

Balthazar's Spirit
Enchantment Spell
While you maintain this Enchantment, target ally gains Adrenaline and Energy after taking damage.

Symbol of Wrath
Enchantment Spell
For 5 seconds, foes in this location take 6..27 holy damage each second.

Smite Hex
Spell
Remove a Hex from target ally. Foes near that ally suffer 12..54 damage.

Bonetti's Defense
Sword Stance
For 5..10 seconds, you have a 75% chance to "Block" incoming melee attacks. You gain 5 Energy for each successful block. Bonetti's Defense ends if you use a skill.

jlowry
31-05-2005, 21:01

Killing Flesh Golems can net you around 10K in 30-40 minutes...depending on which setup you use (I average around 5K per 3 runs usually...5-7 minutes per run). The drops are not the greatest, but you can kill 18-20 of them (lvl24) solo for 168EXP each with all the junk you can carry/sell. It's not a bad gig once you figure out how to stay alive and kill them all simultaneously (the key to fast farming them). I will not give out my specific startegy, but I can tell you I use a W/N.

Diceclock
31-05-2005, 21:04
everyone wondering what this cocky child's PERFECT template is, ......"

I could really care less about your jealousy or opinions on why I made a thread entitled "Measured Drop Rate". Maybe, I was trying to post an accurate drop rate per mob, since none has been posted here before.

Maybe my PvE Farmer is the same build, with a few skills swapped, that I use for PvP, and I'd rather not give away my strategy. There are plenty of other places mentioned here, and farming builds to use, that you could go out and make a good bit of money...if you had the right plan.

Take the builds, strategy and locations given in this thread and go farm there. Or use the tips I gave to make your own plan. You'd want to base that plan on the drop rate, which you now know, because I posted this thread on it. :surprise:

P.S.

By the way Norse, if your going to give people information, you may want to give the the right information. You posted this in another thread today...

you realise that u get all the loot even if u have hences with you right?

I hate to break it to you, but Henchies indeed share in loot, else no one would ever party with people, they'd all be out farming with full henchie parties doing all the work. You don't see the loot even drop. You did in early beta, but they took it out because nobody wants to watch a henchie snag a gold item.

Parker Bsb
31-05-2005, 21:12
Gotta agree with dice, some people don't want to give out their "trade secrets" did you see Col. Saunders telling everyone his recipt for KFC(best reference I could come up with on the spot :P)? Dice was giving some advice about farming (generic but still good advice) and some really good information (as a starting point) on figuring out the rarity of drops.

- Dice someone mentioned watching your exp re-read that cuz it'd tell you exactly how many you killed (so you can report more findings a 'lil later on).

Phaeax
31-05-2005, 21:25
I could really care less about your jealousy or opinions on why I made a thread entitled "Measured Drop Rate". Maybe, I was trying to post an accurate drop rate per mob, since none has been posted here before.

Maybe my PvE Farmer is the same build, with a few skills swapped, that I use for PvP, and I'd rather not give away my strategy. There are plenty of other places mentioned here, and farming builds to use, that you could go out and make a good bit of money...if you had the right plan.

Take the builds, strategy and locations given in this thread and go farm there. Or use the tips I gave to make your own plan. You'd want to base that plan on the drop rate, which you now know, because I posted this thread on it. :surprise:
I'm sorry Diceclock... you forgot to include that there was no silver platter on which to hand out everything.

Just because some people are interested in the build, doesn't mean that someone has to reveal it. There are many reasons not to tell everyone how to repeat this, and many of them that I would use given this exact situation. And I don't think that Diceclock is doing it to be conceited; this is information that people actually are interested in.

So let me be one of the few in this thread to actually say... thanks! Good to know and keep up the good work.

Neone
31-05-2005, 22:07
I'm sorry Diceclock... you forgot to include that there was no silver platter on which to hand out everything.

Just because some people are interested in the build, doesn't mean that someone has to reveal it. There are many reasons not to tell everyone how to repeat this, and many of them that I would use given this exact situation. And I don't think that Diceclock is doing it to be conceited; this is information that people actually are interested in.

So let me be one of the few in this thread to actually say... thanks! Good to know and keep up the good work.

That would be nice. Good to know the info but did he have to seemingly BRAG about how he was so efficient and killed XXX in blah amount of hours? He could've just included the # of monsters and what items dropped and $. I think that's what upsetted most people. And also the slight tone of nyah nyah nyah, look at what I can do brought the farmers out of the wood work. But good to know these drop rates since no one knows what monsters were targetted and if it depended on whether certain monsters give better drops then others...

Ksteun
31-05-2005, 22:16
k guys im new to all this farming i mean ive known what it was but i just havent noticed how important it is for getting into the market. and i was wondering wheres a good place to farm for a lvl 20 fire ele... ive tryed a lot of the places u guys have said but its just not workin out.. the easiest i have found is killin the flesh golems but do u guys have any idea where an easy place with lvl 20's a fire ele can farm?

Killabilly
31-05-2005, 22:33
Where do you find Flesh Golems? Dont think Ive ever encountered one throughout the entire game, and Ive completed Hells Precipice. :confused:

Locations aside, I find it very hard to farm high lvl monsters because Im a R/E build, I can deal high amounts of damage very fast, but I cant heal myself... Great for teamplay, very crap for soloing.

Diceclock
31-05-2005, 22:34
k guys im new to all this farming i mean ive known what it was but i just havent noticed how important it is for getting into the market. and i was wondering wheres a good place to farm for a lvl 20 fire ele... ive tryed a lot of the places u guys have said but its just not workin out.. the easiest i have found is killin the flesh golems but do u guys have any idea where an easy place with lvl 20's a fire ele can farm?

As a Fire Elementalist, you want to be hunting Ice based mobs, as they'll take extra damage to your Fire based stuff. Also look for mobs that group up. I suggest the tall walking Icicle looking guys, as they tend to die fast to fire. Try to avoid packs of Dwarf Archers and their Healer Mammoths, as they throw lots of tricky stuff at you like shatter enchantments, poision and they heal themselves.

SilverstarAKR
31-05-2005, 22:49
Okay, from reading this thread, a question popped into my head. Why would you be so secretive about your farming spot? I mean, its not like a bunch of players are going to go there and take away your mobs. That is one of the best part about this game, the individual zones eliminate campers, theifs, and ninja looters. By revealing your farming place effects you in no way. Sharing is caring =P lol

With that said, i do believe you can make 10k in an hr, its not that hard. You can do this with Monk smiting powers in the Riverside Mission Zone by killing lots of lv18 WHite Mantle.

I'm a Monk/Me with 13 Divine Favor, 10 Healing, 10 Smiting, 10 Protection... Yeah i got a lot of rune buffs on me :p

My Skills
Zeolot's Fire This is an awesome enchant, especially with divine boon. Divine Boon cost 5 energy, and has no recharge time. Thats right, you can spam Divine Boon spell, while dealing 32 damage around you each time.
Balthazar's Aura
Balthazar's Spirit (your going to get hit a lot by aggroing 6-9 mobs, so this will give you energy from those attacks)
Symbol of Wrath
Divine Boon (Why you ask? Well, damage is going to hit you HARD. This will balance it out by giving ALL your spells a 64 Heal add-on. Not to mention with 13 Divine Favor, you also get a 42 Heal bonus to spells. and the +2 energy cost to monk spells from Divine Boon isnt going to be noticed since your Balthazar's Spirit will be giving you energy in the truck load. Also, while your spamming Divine Boon to set off Zeolot's Fire, you will be noticing your healing yourself for 106 HP each time you hit Divine boon aswell
Healing Touch
Shielding Hands with 10 in protection, this will give you a 13 damage reduction... Which is good considering all the basic attacks of the White Mantle do around that damage.
Mark of Protection (elite) This works similiar to "Healing Hands", but in my opinion, this works better then Healing Hands when farming. Why? Two reasons. With 10 in protection, you get healed up to 42 HP everytime you get hit :eek: So.. bigger heal. Number two, Healing Hands does NOT prevent damage, it heals you when you get hit. Mark of Protection on the other hand, PREVENTS the damage completely, and heals you for the amount of damage that wouldve been dealt to you.

A helpful hint when farming with this build - Have your Divine Boon, Balthazar's Spirit, and Zeolot's Fire on you BEFORE YOU AGGRO. Once you have the aggro of 6-9 mobs, slap on shielding hands and cast your Balthazar's Aura and Symbol of Wrath. Then start spamming Divine Boon to deal 32 damage around you with your Zeolot's Fire. Once your Shielding Hands starts "blinking", or rather, wearing out, turn on Mark of Protection. Continue spamming Divine boon till they are all dead, or even slap on another Balthazar's Aura if they are still alive. Hope this helps you guys :happy34:

Ksteun
31-05-2005, 22:50
yeah thanks ive actually been killing rangers at bergen hotsprings. its pretty good because u can hide behind the buildings and fire storm them so far ive found a major wilderness survival rune

Phaeax
31-05-2005, 23:00
One reason to avoid telling your testing location is that it may actually be a reasonable farming location. There have been others reported here and later others have reported a drop in productivity. Thus there is a widespread belief: tell others what you're doing and their rampant abuse of it will make ANet squelch its potency.

neweruser
31-05-2005, 23:01
I think the real issue here is people are worried that what they are doing in this farming may be considered an exploit. Secondly they are the type in thier greed that do not want others to be readily able to farms items in which they would love to sell them (Albiet and nice and high prices). So if they release thier builds and EVERYONE and thier moa bird start farming then a few things will happen.

1) Items and thier prices drop due to the saturation of them in the market.
2) The are not the LEET cool dudes with my item X is sooo much cooler then your item Y, bow down attitude.
3) ANet changes around monster builds to conter some of the easy farming tactics.

So it boils down to in a game where for the most part skill is more then time spent, the power gamers need to find a way to keep themselves on what they percieve as the top of the hill.

"The weak are only here to justify the strong" - Cant give cedit since this quote has been twisted through so many arenas (so pick one).

So as long as people have an avenue to make themselves feel like they are somehow better then others because of X > Y they will covet any means to do so. :happy34:

Diceclock
31-05-2005, 23:02
Okay, from reading this thread, a question popped into my head. Why would you be so secretive about your farming spot? ...

The more people who have money, the less it's worth. I don't exploit at all, nothing even remotely close to exploiting. No walls, gaps, cliffs or anything that prevents the mobs from damaging me. I play by the rules, so Anet wouldn't be able to ban me, but they could certainly destroy my farm.

I'm not farming for uber 15k gear, i think it's ridiculous. I prefer noob looking gear, makes me seem less of a threat. I'm farming because my character needs runes and Weapon parts. When I get what I need I'll quit farming and not do it again till I roll something else.

Too bad there is no Thief class in this game.

SilverstarAKR
31-05-2005, 23:07
The more people who have money, the less it's worth. I don't exploit at all, nothing even remotely close to exploiting. No walls, gaps, cliffs or anything that prevents the mobs from damaging me.
lol ok, GREEDY!!! =P Haha, but seriously i can understand that point of view. But if more players found new how to farm to the fullest, it will cause items to be sold for less, you wont have to spend as much for them either. This is not the only benefit either. If more players are getting abundant items, that means more sales at low prices, and overall more available items for buyers. Basically minimizing the time you have to wait at Lion's Arch for that one person who has that whatever item your looking for. I'm getting tired of seeing "Superior Vigor Rune, 100K!!!" omg, today i saw a player trying to sell one for 150k. Although he did get hate spam from that lol.

Diceclock
31-05-2005, 23:10
lol ok, GREEDY!!! =P Haha, but seriously i can understand that point of view. But at the same time, it will cause items to be sold for less, you wont have to spend as much for them either. I'm getting tired of seeing "Superior Vigor Rune, 100K!!!" omg, today i saw a player trying to sell one for 150k. Although he did get hate spam from that lol.

Buy it once, you have it once. Farm it once, you have it forever.

ReZon
31-05-2005, 23:13
Personally, I farm Lornar's Pass. I'm an ele/ranger, but the ranger part doesn't matter. Just go up the top route, kill the pinesouls and ice imps (you may get a ton of dp doing this, it doesn't matter). Then go after the ice golems, that's where the loot is. They're perfect because they're stupid. I lure them and then hide behind a rockface. They can't hit me, but my firestorm and meteor shower sure hit them. You can kill about 20 of them or more in a matter of minutes. Then just map back to Beacon's Perch, sell your loot or whatever, and repeat. You don't even have to be high level if you have patience. I take all my characters there at about level 12 and I don't move on until they're level 20. At the lower levels it helps to bring a monk hench, once you can do it on your own you're better off because you get all the gold and more xp. This may not be the area Mr. Uber Farmer is using, but it works for me.

Some people do exploit (taken from this thread).

I fully expect a bump-up in the AI in the near future.

I think it's stupid how some monsters will just attack a rock over and over. We're notified when we're not hitting them, they should adjust to target.

[rdt]hellman2
31-05-2005, 23:17
welcome to the real world here...it's called capitalism and America...if someone has an easy way to make a million dollars do you expect them to tell you so you can enter the market and compete with them? come on ....go figure out your own strategy and discover something...use your brain...it's capitalism...sucks doesn't it?

Joe_Synner
31-05-2005, 23:22
too many people seem to think this is what the games about.. or it somehow makes you a game master cuz you can solo an area.. all i can say is, if your having fun with money and gear, more power to ya :happy34:

Professor Tiwaz
31-05-2005, 23:23
One reason to avoid telling your testing location is that it may actually be a reasonable farming location. There have been others reported here and later others have reported a drop in productivity. Thus there is a widespread belief: tell others what you're doing and their rampant abuse of it will make ANet squelch its potency.

My thoughts exactly. Not only have i found that certain areas don't drop as well, but i have been getting more drops of plain gold, which of course is shared with the henchies. And expert salvaging has been a complete disappointment lately; i have lost very niec runes, which wasn't happening about 2 weeks ago..

The problem with the increased drops of gold is this - If i am in a party of 4. 3 Henchies and myself. Lets say we kill 4 opponents and there are 4 items dropped. (Of course i can't see the drops the henchies get).. but out of the 4 items dropped i get a bag of gold. What i end up with is about an eighth of the total drop.. Because i shared the initial drop of 4 items with the henchies, and then i have to share the drop of gold with the henchies. So, in the end, the henchies rip you off, and as a player, it rips the fun out of this game..

Joe_Synner
31-05-2005, 23:27
hellman2']welcome to the real world here...it's called capitalism and America...if someone has an easy way to make a million dollars do you expect them to tell you so you can enter the market and compete with them? come on ....go figure out your own strategy and discover something...use your brain...it's capitalism...sucks doesn't it?

yeah it does suck and everyone that believes in it sucks IMO, there should be a limit as to how many houses you can buy, when there are so many homeless.. and it continues to grow everyday and IMO will be the death of us all.. i am so glad we even see it with the kiddies at a very young age incorporating it into these video games :happy34:

SilverstarAKR
31-05-2005, 23:27
hellman2']welcome to the real world here...it's called capitalism and America...if someone has an easy way to make a million dollars do you expect them to tell you so you can enter the market and compete with them? come on ....go figure out your own strategy and discover something...use your brain...it's capitalism...sucks doesn't it?
lol Funny, but true :happy65:

Transit Fades
31-05-2005, 23:41
alright my advice for you guys is to not farm anything untill you are fairly sure you have one of the best spots to farm - otherwise it is a waste of time
to give you guys some idea of what im talking about i can farm roughly 35k an hr
i do a certain part of a mission which takes about 2 minutes and then i rinse and repeat untill i have full inventory - it takes 18 min to get full inventory
go to town and sell everything and i average about 7k in straight gold with selling all the minor things and then 2-3 rare/purple max dmg swords/axes which i sell to people for good money to hit a rough 13k every 18 minutes
and no im not telling you my farming place because A it took me a long *** time to find it out and then figure how to farm it and B part of the game is figureing things out for yourself - don't pull yourself up on other people's achievements

good luck.

Phaeax
31-05-2005, 23:46
alright my advice for you guys is to not farm anything untill you are fairly sure you have one of the best spots to farm - otherwise it is a waste of time
to give you guys some idea of what im talking about i can farm roughly 35k an hr
i do a certain part of a mission which takes about 2 minutes and then i rinse and repeat untill i have full inventory - it takes 18 min to get full inventory
go to town and sell everything and i average about 7k in straight gold with selling all the minor things and then 2-3 rare/purple max dmg swords/axes which i sell to people for good money to hit a rough 13k every 18 minutes
and no im not telling you my farming place because A it took me a long *** time to find it out and then figure how to farm it and B part of the game is figureing things out for yourself - don't pull yourself up on other people's achievements

good luck.

No, but if you leave statistics like the number of drops out of a given level boss (like the thread title says), people with statistical backgrounds like me can use it to determine whether it's better to farm harder spots and kill slower or to farm easier spots for the quicker kills. And then I can report back and you can make your own decisions on where you like to farm...

Added: Actually, the second read through I quite liked your post. ;) I've figured out that at least the last part isn't sarcastic (I'm a quick one) and I couldn't agree more... too many people demanding other people tell them the best way to play. It's a game! It's supposed to be fun! Go play it!

jlowry
01-06-2005, 00:01
Regardless of fame, fortune, bragging rights, etc....I farm to test out builds.

Sure I do runs to get cash when I need it and to help guild mates out, but that's it. I don't enjoy selling items to others, I have no need for any more armor, etc. Now, (for me) it's a matter of using my tweaking abilities, tactics, and strategy to conquer a mob of foes and finding the "perfect" build for my playing styles....not the most perfect "leet" build ever. That kind of fame is for others to seek. For me, I'll just continue to enjoy watching the mobs fall in unison while the economy chugs on without me. :)

NOTE: If A-Net nerfs my hunting zones, I'll take it in stride and try to find a new way to test out my builds. For me, the resultant "well-rounded" build is worth the heartache of a few farming runs gone HORRIBLY WRONG! :)

Phaeax
01-06-2005, 00:04
Regardless of fame, fortune, bragging rights, etc....I farm to test out builds.

Sure I do runs to get cash when I need it and to help guild mates out, but that's it. I don't enjoy selling items to others, I have no need for any more armor, etc. Now, (for me) it's a matter of using my tweaking abilities, tactics, and strategy to conquer a mob of foes and finding the "perfect" build for my playing styles....not the most perfect "leet" build ever. That kind of fame is for others to seek. For me, I'll just continue to enjoy watching the mobs fall in unison while the economy chugs on without me. :)

NOTE: If A-Net nerfs my hunting zones, I'll take it in stride and try to find a new way to test out my builds. For me, the resultant "well-rounded" build is worth the heartache of a few farming runs gone HORRIBLY WRONG! :)
Hats off to you, my sir! My sentiments exactly...

Neone
01-06-2005, 00:12
Where do you find Flesh Golems? Dont think Ive ever encountered one throughout the entire game, and Ive completed Hells Precipice. :confused:

Locations aside, I find it very hard to farm high lvl monsters because Im a R/E build, I can deal high amounts of damage very fast, but I cant heal myself... Great for teamplay, very crap for soloing.

Ember Light camp.

Neone
01-06-2005, 00:13

good luck.

I wish I had the patience to sell weapons to ppl. I just give away the max rare weapons to guild mates.

jlowry
01-06-2005, 00:20
I wish I had the patience to sell weapons to ppl. I just give away the max rare weapons to guild mates.

I had a handful of Dragon swords in my stash (not bragging since they are average IMO) before I finally decided to pawn them off through a guildie... She needs cash and enjoys the market side of GW. I dislike working the markets and don't need much more cash. So, I gave her a few to sell for a minimum price (maybe half of their worth) and told her to keep every gold piece over my minimum. That way, she didn't feel like I was giving her a handout....and we both made profits. It's been a win-win situation so far.

Yes, I give guild mates a lot of gear, but giving out too much has a negative effect! People (TYPICALLY) receive more enjoyment from finding stuff than getting it all for free. This way no one feels left out or shorted from the experience (as best as possible).

Spirit of Sephiroth
01-06-2005, 00:22
can I join ur gild?

lol, JK

Transit Fades
01-06-2005, 00:42
Yes I understand that some people don't farm for cash/runes/rares - i never said that everyone does farm for cash/runes/drops but that is that basis of this thread

"Last night I perfected a template that would let me farm at a fantastic effeciency. I'm not here to share my farming techniques, but just the results on drop rates so you can figure them into your planning.

My technique allowed me to kill 8 level 20 creatures every 2.5 minutes. I did this alone, no henchies or other players in my party, allowing me to gage the drop rate quite effectively.

Over the course of an hour, I killed between 150-180 of these level 20 creatures. Here are the results of those kills.

3 Gold items
8 Purple items
30 Blue Items (aprox.)

10 Platinum in cash and junk items (including most of the blues and purples).

I hope this helps in your planning""

- my post was about further helping people plan their farming runs - why farm for 10 plat an hour when you can farm for 35 plat an hour? - if it takes me 1 hour to get the cash you make in 3 hours wouldn't it be worth it to find a better method?

Big Bang
01-06-2005, 00:48
i average about 7k in straight gold with selling all the minor things and then 2-3 rare/purple max dmg swords/axes which i sell to people for good money to hit a rough 13k every 18 minutes

Considering max clean damage weapons and foci (crap one) they worth about 60-80 per piece but lets make it 100. You said u get 7k straight gold from selling them, that means you carry like 70 of them at one time. So far I believe you can carry only 45 items in your backpack that means you can make max 4.5k. Do you take a donkey to carry stuff with you or something :confused: :D Moreover, I dont find anyone interest in max damage weapon anymore, they only need like +14% damage when enchanted, health above 50%,... and you cant sell those things in like 5min, take you at least like 20min to sell anything. Another thing is that you said you get full inv in 18mins, another 18mins to sell them to merchant and other players, so it would take 36min for you to make 13k which sounds pretty reasonable to me. So I find it impossible for you to make 35k an hour with all of your explanation :o
You may consider give us more explain to prove you can make that much in 1 hour :happy34:

(I do agree with your last quote: people should keep quiet and find the spot for themselves, do not just beg for other to show them where the spot is at and got it w/o thinking anything, geez I hate people like that)

Ritualistic Suicide
01-06-2005, 01:06
The only reason i farm is for unlocking for PvP. I could care less about the money i just want to unlock everything so i can be more viable when it comes to PvP

Suicide

Professor Tiwaz
01-06-2005, 01:07
yeah it does suck and everyone that believes in it sucks IMO, there should be a limit as to how many houses you can buy, when there are so many homeless.. and it continues to grow everyday and IMO will be the death of us all.. i am so glad we even see it with the kiddies at a very young age incorporating it into these video games :happy34:

And your solution to Capitalism?

The only thing i dislike about Capitalism is the fact that some dumbass can make $100 Million dollars a year to put a basketball through a hoop. Or, a popular actor or actress all of a sudden knows which candidate we should vote for. Speaking of actors and actresses, they are a bunch of hypocrites, as they talk of supporting a charity but still have 2 or 3, million dollar homes. I don't care if the rich give to charity or not, it is their money, but if you are going to campaign to get others to donate to your charity, you best be handing out the big dollars on the charity and not your 3rd home..

Other than those minor issues, i believe capitalism rewards the people who want to work, instead fo handing out money for people to sit around on their welfare *****; so, capitalism is good..

GADefence
01-06-2005, 01:18
Other than those minor issues, i believe capitalism rewards the people who want to work, instead fo handing out money for people to sit around on their welfare *****; so, capitalism is good..

Ahahah, not work. Cheat lie and steal is more like it.

"Well, bill's idea is good. . . But if bill's idea is my idea, it's even better!"

Transit Fades
01-06-2005, 01:19
Considering max clean damage weapons and foci (crap one) they worth about 60-80 per piece but lets make it 100. You said u get 7k straight gold from selling them, that means you carry like 70 of them at one time. So far I believe you can carry only 45 items in your backpack that means you can make max 4.5k. Do you take a donkey to carry stuff with you or something :confused: :D Moreover, I dont find anyone interest in max damage weapon anymore, they only need like +14% damage when enchanted, health above 50%,... and you cant sell those things in like 5min, take you at least like 20min to sell anything. Another thing is that you said you get full inv in 18mins, another 18mins to sell them to merchant and other players, so it would take 36min for you to make 13k which sounds pretty reasonable to me. So I find it impossible for you to make 35k an hour with all of your explanation :o
You may consider give us more explain to prove you can make that much in 1 hour

(I do agree with your last quote: people should keep quiet and find the spot for themselves, do not just beg for other to show them where the spot is at and got it w/o thinking anything, geez I hate people like that)

i think you misinterpreted my post - "i average about 7k in straight gold with selling all the minor things"
that is saying that the total straight gold i get is 7k, straight gold is the gold drops + the minor items you pick up to sell to merchant
since the gold drops i get from where i farm range from 100-130 i make about 4k out of straight gold drops and about 3k off of selling items
also about the weapons - i get a rough 2-3 rare and 4-5 purple every 18 minutes spent farming(18 minutes is the time it takes to fill my inventory so i consider that one run) - i sell the ones that won't bring in more than 3k gold to the merchant leaveing me about 2-3 rares that will net over 3k apiece - so 7k + over 3k + over 3k means at least 13k every 18 minute run
also since i only keep the very rare items and sell them underpriced they usually sell in 3-4 minutes.

since i do a run in 18 minutes and it takes about 1 min to id/sell stuff to merchant that leaves me 3 minutes to sell stuff so you are right - it would take me more than an hour - 1:02 to be exact :winking47

Diceclock
01-06-2005, 15:50
When I make 10 Platinum an hour....

I do 2.5 minute runs, and that's start to end. That includes killing, traveling and selling times. I never sell to players, don't have the patience for it. I don't usually even sell my purples. That 10 Platinum I made was straight up cash + white/blue items. I'm not farming for cash, but for unlocking. My packs are 3/4 full to begin with because I'm a pack rat.

P.S. Your forgetting that many inventory items stack.

Transit Fades
01-06-2005, 16:01
yeah the problem I'm having right now is runes - I just don't understand what Anet wants me to do - I've played through the game twice and only hit 2 superior runes and yet they nerf all the common rune farming spots - so what I'm just not susposed to get superior runes lol?

Zuvio
01-06-2005, 16:45
I didnt read most of this thread and I dont care. All pros and cons aside:

DONT GIVE OUT FARMING LOCATIONS!!!

See a thread i started, it actually makes sense.

aLittle Bird
01-06-2005, 16:55
I didnt read most of this thread and I dont care. All pros and cons aside:

DONT GIVE OUT FARMING LOCATIONS!!!

See a thread i started, it actually makes sense.

agreed, flesh golems were totally worthless last night.

lred
01-06-2005, 17:09
And your solution to Capitalism?

The only thing i dislike about Capitalism is the fact that some dumbass can make $100 Million dollars a year to put a basketball through a hoop. Or, a popular actor or actress all of a sudden knows which candidate we should vote for.
How about an actor who IS a candidate and then actually becomes president, or governor.

You show typical capitalist hypocracy: it's all supply and demand and free market, unless when it doesn't suit you.

It's intersting you ask for a "solution" to capitalism - apparently you do agree that it is a problem. Capitalism as we know it is greed running free; a winner-takes-all system that yields mostly losers (note that "winner" is not plural).
The "solution" is to regulate it so that it can't run rampant. But that's not what today's typical capitalists want; they are all about deregulation.

Fact is that "poor" people usually make longer hours then CEO's, who in fact do get even richer then they already are, just from dividents and interest on their capital (which is often inherited from their parents). To put things in perspective: what difference does a million a year make if you've got a billion in the bank?

neweruser
02-06-2005, 07:54
Well guess that latest patch validated a few of the points I made earlier. And given the flood of new posts concerning the changes more fuel to that fire.

:howdy:

The Norse
03-06-2005, 09:57
I use the following skills on my farmer.
Healing Hands{Elite}
Enchantment Spell
For 10 seconds, Healing Hands heals target ally for 5..21 Health each time that ally suffers physical damage.
. ey, where did you find healing hands??
and mark of protection, been looking for that some time now...
aye and btw, dice. got me!!! but ur still a cocky kid tho

Seeker of Something
07-06-2005, 10:40
ey, where did you find healing hands??
and mark of protection, been looking for that some time now...
aye and btw, dice. got me!!! but ur still a cocky kid tho

They're both on the list... http://www.gwonline.net/page.php?p=140

Elkon Vryce
09-06-2005, 18:39
my drop rate?

usually about 500g - 1k an hour

crap load of crap like seeds and shells and low end plain weapons that i dont use
3-4 blue items that are crap (just increase rates for other classes - not mine)
1 purple if im lucky (that is always just worth more and has no other value)
no runes or gold items
no sword hilts or pommels or any upgrades

i have farming all over the place trying to find a nice little spot but so far nuthin!
:confused:

RoyalAssassin
21-06-2005, 05:25
I've noticed a change in drops recently on my W/Mo.

I have been farming the shiver peaks near droknar's forge. When I go solo, I get really crappy stuff. However, when I hired a full set of henchies I got much better stuff including a major vigor rune, a max defense shield with +11 health in stance, and more.

I am thinking this is due to one of two things:

1. Drop value is less when going solo (perhaps to encourage group play)

or

2. With henchies I can tackle bigger groups and bigger groups drop better loot than smaller ones.

Is anyone else noticing this?

iNTEL SuSPeKT
04-07-2005, 14:26

i agree with this guy. ahah. we should just find a comfortable place to farm and not try to farm where everyone else does. it kinda reminds me of todays trends in the real world. haha. :happy34:

Astelaida
04-07-2005, 19:27
Actually many people that know quick ways to get a million bucks tell people, after they get paid for it...

Xenvl
05-07-2005, 15:34
There are two ways to make money for me. You need the right classes and strategies.

One is farming four groups of geunts. The run takes 5 minutes and averages 2 Gold armor per run. I do around 20-25k an hour doing that. I unlocked most runes in a single day with this method. Some Superior Vigor runes. No high-end weapon here.

The other way is farming a certain monster in a later area. In a group of 4, you have high chances to find weapons that trade for 40k+. These runs take much more time.

asxtc
13-07-2005, 15:02
Just thought i would lighten the banter up a little-
Ive only just started playing and my idea of farming is to run the guantlet of Goggs outside Ascalon til my bags are full (im saving for a rather expensive 400gold expert Salvage (whoopee!).

Because I found a bow of"somethang" and want to try and expert it.

Dont laugh--you were all there once.

And I do this with my W/Me lvl 13 - the most cash ive ever had was 500 and i spent it on armour (good idea ?)

Andy of ascalon

p.s Was thinking of inviting the Flesh Golom to dinner tomorrow as we havent met yet--good idea ??

Achaearanea
22-07-2005, 08:37

It's things like this that sometimes make me miss Ragnarok Online. Merchants rock!

and someone made a comment about the more money there is, the higher the price of things get. Well, seriously, there aren't that many things to buy. In RO, there were all kinds of cool hats and accessories.

I guess i'm just missing the ability to accessorize in pointless goofy looking clothes.

Regarding the W/N strat for farming, slap mark of pain so atking one will hurt the whole mob while having a bunch of defensive stances to stay alive. spiteful spirit is not bad too.

somedude
24-07-2005, 00:33
i have been recently playing a w/mo i found an area wher i can farm all lvl 24 mobs by my self no hench or other players. i am wondering if there is a way to increase drops by screwing with the spell order the skill bar or having certain items in your inventory cuz i dont get the drops i should. i kill between 15-20 lvl 24's in like 20 min. and i get maybe 2 max dmg. (white) weapons and off hand items and rest junk no purple or gold items and atleast 1k in gold so i was wondering if theres a way to change this please let me know. :winking47

Tristan Chapin
15-08-2005, 00:04
Smite runs make good farming if done with as few people as possible.

0-4 Ectos drop on a typical run, with an average of about one-and-a-half. Over 75 runs, I've noted about 120 ectos drop.

About 5 platinum worth of items and salvage drops, and minus 1 platinum for the cost of the trip.

A single run takes 30-40 minutes for a good party/person.

You don't have to factor the time it takes to sell off your item finds at lions arch--and admit it item farmers, you waste way, way too much time doing that--because there isnt much of interest that drops in the UW besides ectos.

Internal Injuries
25-08-2005, 18:13
I'm just baffled that this lengthy thread is stickied. It is relatively lacking in actual information and filled with back and forth debate mostly unrelated to the topic of the thread, which is drop rates, not how to farm. The title of the thread certainly suggests a sticky-worthy thread, but one analysis of the drop rate in an unspecified area based on a statistically questionable amount of data doesn't really tell me much.

I am not attacking anyone. The OP's post *was* somewhat interesting to me. But given the lack of a disclosed location, lack of sufficient testing for real statistical significance, and the lack of constructive follow up regarding the drop rates of various mobs in various locations, the thread as a whole does not deliver on the promise of the topic.

Compare this thread with, for example, the stickied threads in the ranger forum with lots of hard information on bows and pets based on time-consuming and thorough testing.

I vote the thread be un-stickied so as not to falsely suggest to future readers that its worth slogging through 8 pages of posts.

xxmesmer bobxx
30-08-2005, 23:38
I'm just baffled that this lengthy thread is stickied. It is relatively lacking in actual information and filled with back and forth debate mostly unrelated to the topic of the thread, which is drop rates, not how to farm. The title of the thread certainly suggests a sticky-worthy thread, but one analysis of the drop rate in an unspecified area based on a statistically questionable amount of data doesn't really tell me much.

I am not attacking anyone. The OP's post *was* somewhat interesting to me. But given the lack of a disclosed location, lack of sufficient testing for real statistical significance, and the lack of constructive follow up regarding the drop rates of various mobs in various locations, the thread as a whole does not deliver on the promise of the topic.

Compare this thread with, for example, the stickied threads in the ranger forum with lots of hard information on bows and pets based on time-consuming and thorough testing.

I vote the thread be un-stickied so as not to falsely suggest to future readers that its worth slogging through 8 pages of posts.
I agree ^^^^^^ there are more topics on this thread then posters:)

b monster
20-09-2005, 03:16
for u people wondering how/where to farm its soo damm EZ, just get a mo/w up to level 20, farm griffs outside of augry, wanna learn more, contact me in game my chars name is: b monster

Shiggidyshwa
26-09-2005, 08:12
Considering that this is a community site and we have people here posting and hoarding their secrets as if we were all recluses, I don't see why I can't break from the pack and share my own farming locations/builds/drop rates. A lot of readers here are established farmers, a lot are new players looking for advice, and some are just down on their luck veterans who need a break. If you can't sympathize for the last 2, you've got a problem.

Where I farm:

Desert Griffons west of Augury Rock
Mountain Trolls northwest of Droknar's Forge, in the ice cave
Every Undead outside of Bergen Hot Springs to the Cursed Lands zone
Sand Drakes outside Elona Reach
Sorrow's Furnace

What chars I use: I want to inspire a little creativity but I'll reveal the backbone of my builds. You can easily find these builds by googling them anyways so...

1) W/Mo Smiting Tank - Mending, Live Vicariously and Vigorous Spirit to keep me alive, Balthazar's Aura to deal damage, Bonnetti's Defense to recharge Energy and Cyclone Axe to recharge Bonnetti's. You can aggro basically as many things as you want.

2) E/N Untouchable Fire Nuker - Mist Form, Meteor Shower, Fire Storm, Inferno, Fire Attunement to survive for a long enough time to nuke melee attackers.

3) E/N Juggernaut Earth Nuker - Ether Renewal, Earth Attunement, Earthquake, Aftershock, Crystal Wave, heals me and deals massive damage to melee targets.

Drop Rates: Expect, out of 15 monsters, to find 2-5 purples on your first run through, 1-2 dyes, 300 worth of gold, sometimes 1-2 gold items. As you keep zoning in/out, the drop rate in general decreases as well as the rate of unique and rare items. Some mobs drop rare items more than others.

For example, after taking W/Mo Griffon Hunting for the first time today, fighting 13 Griffons and 6 Minotaurs, here is my loot:

Gold Zealous Shortbow of Fortitude - 15-28 +15^50, Zealous 1/1, Fort +27
Blue non-max Flamberge
Blue Longbow
War Hammer
3 Iridescent Griffon Wings
2 Minotaur Horns
1 Minotaur Hide
267 Gold

The second time around:

Purple Defender with HP while hexed
Purple Cleaver with Ebon Mod
Purple Flatbow with Zealous and Shelter +2
Blue War Hammer
Blue Long Bow
1 Minotaur Horn
309 Gold

So drop rates decrease and so do rare item drops. I haven't figured out exactly how long you have to be away from a zone before you can go back in and get good loot again.

Pre-Searing is good for Dyes
Giants/Chickens/Titans/Undead/White Mantle/Mursaat&Jade/Stone Summit are all good for rune drops

Here is a link to a pic showing that W/Mo can solo Griffons, MANY AT A TIME.
Screenshot (http://www.picvault.info/images/142164_gw285.JPG)

BTW I FORGOT TO MENTION: None of those builds I posted can be used to solo SF. As far as I can tell, Sorrow's Furnace cannot be solo'd. There are too many enchantment strippers and too much health degeneration. However, your sturdiest PVE build will do.

CTOTHEJ
09-10-2005, 03:12
Considering that this is a community site and we have people here posting and hoarding their secrets as if we were all recluses, I don't see why I can't break from the pack and share my own farming locations/builds/drop rates. A lot of readers here are established farmers, a lot are new players looking for advice, and some are just down on their luck veterans who need a break. If you can't sympathize for the last 2, you've got a problem.

Where I farm:

Desert Griffons west of Augury Rock
Mountain Trolls northwest of Droknar's Forge, in the ice cave
Every Undead outside of Bergen Hot Springs to the Cursed Lands zone
Sand Drakes outside Elona Reach
Sorrow's Furnace

What chars I use: I want to inspire a little creativity but I'll reveal the backbone of my builds. You can easily find these builds by googling them anyways so...

1) W/Mo Smiting Tank - Mending, Live Vicariously and Vigorous Spirit to keep me alive, Balthazar's Aura to deal damage, Bonnetti's Defense to recharge Energy and Cyclone Axe to recharge Bonnetti's. You can aggro basically as many things as you want.

2) E/N Untouchable Fire Nuker - Mist Form, Meteor Shower, Fire Storm, Inferno, Fire Attunement to survive for a long enough time to nuke melee attackers.

3) E/N Juggernaut Earth Nuker - Ether Renewal, Earth Attunement, Earthquake, Aftershock, Crystal Wave, heals me and deals massive damage to melee targets.

Drop Rates: Expect, out of 15 monsters, to find 2-5 purples on your first run through, 1-2 dyes, 300 worth of gold, sometimes 1-2 gold items. As you keep zoning in/out, the drop rate in general decreases as well as the rate of unique and rare items. Some mobs drop rare items more than others.

For example, after taking W/Mo Griffon Hunting for the first time today, fighting 13 Griffons and 6 Minotaurs, here is my loot:

Gold Zealous Shortbow of Fortitude - 15-28 +15^50, Zealous 1/1, Fort +27
Blue non-max Flamberge
Blue Longbow
War Hammer
2 Minotaur Horns
1 Minotaur Hide
267 Gold

The second time around:

Purple Defender with HP while hexed
Purple Cleaver with Ebon Mod
Purple Flatbow with Zealous and Shelter +2
Blue War Hammer
Blue Long Bow
1 Minotaur Horn
309 Gold

So drop rates decrease and so do rare item drops. I haven't figured out exactly how long you have to be away from a zone before you can go back in and get good loot again.

Pre-Searing is good for Dyes
Giants/Chickens/Titans/Undead/White Mantle/Mursaat&Jade/Stone Summit are all good for rune drops

Here is a link to a pic showing that W/Mo can solo Griffons, MANY AT A TIME.
Screenshot (http://www.picvault.info/images/142164_gw285.JPG)

BTW I FORGOT TO MENTION: None of those builds I posted can be used to solo SF. As far as I can tell, Sorrow's Furnace cannot be solo'd. There are too many enchantment strippers and too much health degeneration. However, your sturdiest PVE build will do.
Ok I have those spells and whatnot ust where outside of aurgory? I just farmed sorrows for greenies till they got common then I started my necro and now I'm suspended for 3 more hours (it's been 13!!!!! HOURS SO FAR)and I am soon gonna start selling my lime green and hot pink dyes but still my warrior is dusty and I want to find a good place to farm with him and I heard of this griffon place for a while just wasn't sure in what part of aurg because I need to get better mods for my axe and to mix up armor to get awesome armor stats. Plz help :surprise:

Kindreadth
15-10-2005, 20:15
Griffon Farmer here. Logged what I received during a session. Runs take approx. 10 mins with logging info. Every run will net you approx. 20 griffons (5 groups of 4) and 15 (5 groups of 3) minos if you do it right. I may be doing a video of the run but have nowhere to post it. The video will be roughly 6 minutes long (healings hands instead of zealots fire build) that I'll clip, cut and reduce the size. If someone would like to host and can find a way for me to send them the file PM me.

XP -- Money -- Items -- Money after Selling to Vendor

346644 -- 34412 -- none -- 34412
349104 -- 34958 -- 2 blues, gold hammer, key -- 34958
351564 -- 35691 -- 2 purples, key -- 37103
354344 -- 37780 -- 2 blues, gold, chest (purp shield) -- 38153
357144 -- 39047 -- blue bow, purp axe, gold hammer, purp hammer - 39047
360264 -- 39625 -- purp shield, purp hammer, blue bow -- 40566
363144 -- 40835 -- purp axe, key, dye (purple) -- 41248
365544 -- 41790 -- purp sword, blue bow, dye (blue), blue axe x 2, key, chest (purp wand) -- 41983
368024 -- 42530 -- purp shield, purp fiery dragon sword -- 42683
371184 -- 43024 -- blue hammer x 2 -- 43356
374224 -- 44022 -- purp shield, purp bow, gold hammer, purp sword, chest (purp cane) -- 44521
377144 -- 45196 -- purp shield, blue sword -- 45579
380604 -- 46744 -- blue shield, purp axe, blue axe, blue bow -- 47125
384164 -- 47812 -- purp axe, gold fiery dragon sword, chest (purp chalice) -- 48300
387204 -- 49011 -- purp axe -- 49011
389904 -- 49326 -- gold sword, blue box x 2, (chest-no key) -- 49553

**Note: Just because I got some purples and golds, ALOT of them weren't max dmg nor where they worth selling to anyone (hence sold to merchant). I kept maybe 2 shields, a sword, and a bow. The rest were trash. I did manage to get a few hilts, etc. that I haven't unlocked yet (5 unlocks). Also seems that bows and hammers drop ALOT more than anything else. I didn't start logging any items received until I kept getting a ton of hammers and then thought to myself that I need to log this just to see how many hammers will drop vs. everything else (that I want or need).

Totals for only what I logged on this one session:
43,260 xp (I think 3 skill pts..forgot) -- 15,141 gold
6 blue bows
1 purp bow
1 blue sword
3 purp sword
2 gold sword
2 blue hammer
2 purp hammer
2 gold hammer
3 blue axe
5 purp axe
2 purp wand
4 purp shield
1 purp cane
2 keys
2 dyes (purple/blue)
or
12 blues
18 purples
4 golds

I believe the drops are totally random and we'll never know what to expect.

Shanksie
15-10-2005, 21:06
43,260 xp (I think 3 skill pts..forgot) -- 15,141 gold

15k in ~2.5 hours (if i am reading things correctly), my god they certainly spanked griffon profits :(.

Shanksie
15-10-2005, 21:10
Ok I have those spells and whatnot ust where outside of aurgory? I just farmed sorrows for greenies till they got common then I started my necro and now I'm suspended for 3 more hours (it's been 13!!!!! HOURS SO FAR)and I am soon gonna start selling my lime green and hot pink dyes but still my warrior is dusty and I want to find a good place to farm with him and I heard of this griffon place for a while just wasn't sure in what part of aurg because I need to get better mods for my axe and to mix up armor to get awesome armor stats. Plz help :surprise:

warrior forum (shockingly enough), find the thread titled something like "Warrior griffon farming" (shockingly enough again)

it's the thread with about 91823792173 views and 1823721 replies.

Gah should have done these as 1 reply :(

Kindreadth
15-10-2005, 21:15
15k in ~2.5 hours (if i am reading things correctly), my god they certainly spanked griffon profits :(.

Well...maybe 20k because I've yet to sell any griffon wings, minor horns, mino hides and carapaces. All the cash I posted in profit was from either cash drops and/or selling weapons dropped.

Feynoor
27-10-2005, 21:00
They all lay around the master :worship:

http://img284.imageshack.us/img284/3863/gwfac7qi.jpg

sir lockt
20-12-2005, 09:27
Did anybody also do drop testing in the UW? Farming in the UW is more difficult, but potentially more rewarding. I dont have exact data but in an UW run of about 20 minutes I got about 5k gold and 2 UW keys, Without any ecto's... and that was dual farming => my mate had the ecto...

sumasage
30-12-2005, 21:44
Did anybody also do drop testing in the UW? Farming in the UW is more difficult, but potentially more rewarding. I dont have exact data but in an UW run of about 20 minutes I got about 5k gold and 2 UW keys, Without any ecto's... and that was dual farming => my mate had the ecto...

what builds are you and our mate using? is it possible to solo farm UW with a trapper?

sir lockt
31-12-2005, 10:53
what builds are you and our mate using? is it possible to solo farm UW with a trapper?

I have little Xp with a trapper, but i believe it cant be done solo. Normal UW trapper teams use 3 trappers, because you need instant kills.

Soloing the UW is stopped by adding enchantment stripping creatures in the UW, so it is very difficult to maintain an invinci build or "standard" w/mo farmers builds.

To resolve this problem we use now dual farmer teams, one SS/SV necro and an invinci monk. Just check ToA and you will see how popular this build is. To bad for the average farmer: you need cooperation and some skill with the build.

cynn shadowstalker
18-01-2006, 20:14
can someone tell me the build they use to farm on desert griffs?

Eladain Windshear
18-01-2006, 21:03
can someone tell me the build they use to farm on desert griffs?

Search button. It's good for you. It also helps if you give your profession and secondary.

And I thought this was a thread about drop rates not about farming builds? Poor Mawg has her work cut out for her :(

Anyway, with regards to the OP (i skiped the bazillion pages of farming talk), thanks for the info on the drop rates. Anyone else have more statistics of drops on different well known farm runs?

macfly
11-06-2006, 00:09
might have been said before (sorry then)

... recently i came across this "lake area" in the wilds mission / bonus area, the one you normaly never would explore except you after cartograher title.
i did this with all my chars so far, and got at least 2-3 sometimes 3-4 rare drops -> runes most of the time.
its a snap because those few wind raiders and losarou arent a challenge.

however they aint worth anything nowadays, but if you want sup absorbtion and/or vigor i.e. for your warrior - there you go ;)

this isnt hard at all, only the fact theat you have to grab bonus for doing so lowers the fun a bit but i guess its a perfect location for non ascened players on their 1st walkthru.

hint: dont even try with hench its a pain. alesias deathwish will screw your plans, grab 1 or 2 mates and go for it, soloing is triggy because you have to deal with holy wrath on the trees while it gets healed by mostly 2 seeds, plus you get blood spiked by scarabs while fighting. (physical dmg there = 0 if amor >/= amoon)
however if you NOT addicted to solo farming and familar with the concept of sharing. youll get some nice runes with ease.

btw: I'm using Rebirth on " Measured Drop Rate - a test" :P

dndhatcher
05-08-2006, 02:52
Did anyone think to test the drop rate at different times?

From my experience, late night when less people are on my green/gold drops are much better than early evening when everyone is on.