PDA

View Full Version : Noobie Monk questions re: Divine Favor

guild wars
31-05-2005, 18:43
Hello. I am a new GW player. I created a monk because in all the RPG games I played, everyone loves healers. My question is regarding Divine Favor. I have 4 ranks. This should yield me 13 extra health when I use a spell on myself or an ally correct (4 X 3.2 rounded =13). Well, when I cast Orison of healing on myself, I get the +13, but when I cast on my hench ally, he only gets the Orison healing, not the extra +13, no matter if his health is 90% or 20%. Do I need to do something special to activate this bonus?

Also, when I left click on a monster to attack, then I hit a healing spell like Orison, does it heal the monster, the closest ally or myself?

Thanks everyone in advance. I love the game. I hope the support on this website is just as good if not better!

lithun
31-05-2005, 18:49
Hello. I am a new GW player. I created a monk because in all the RPG games I played, everyone loves healers. My question is regarding Divine Favor. I have 4 ranks. This should yield me 13 extra health when I use a spell on myself or an ally correct (4 X 3.2 rounded =13). Well, when I cast Orison of healing on myself, I get the +13, but when I cast on my hench ally, he only gets the Orison healing, not the extra +13, no matter if his health is 90% or 20%. Do I need to do something special to activate this bonus?

Also, when I left click on a monster to attack, then I hit a healing spell like Orison, does it heal the monster, the closest ally or myself?

Thanks everyone in advance. I love the game. I hope the support on this website is just as good if not better!

I believe that the divine favor bonus doesn't show on others.

If you don't have any ally targeted, you will cast the spell on yourself as long as it's possible to do so.

Litha Dro
20 mo/w

The Wolflord
31-05-2005, 19:16
Devine Favor doesn't show at all on henchies or other party members, but does heal them. When I use Healing Breeze, person always gets a small boost to health right away, then starts climbing. Also, when I use my protection spells, you can see the health boost on your target if they are injured.

The Wolflord
Level 11 Mo/Me

Ahastar Darktalon
31-05-2005, 19:55
Yes, it doesn't show on allies.
You have to admit it is a bit unlucky in design.

Mcdeath
31-05-2005, 20:09
Hmmm.

Just as an aside I'd recommend playing around with your Divine Favor and Healing Prayer numbers and checking the total pts healed. Divine Favor is useful, but Healing Prayer should be boosted asap until it's around 9-10, at least. By that time another point of Healing Prayer would end up giving you 3-4pts of Divine Favor so then you switch to upping Divine Favor.

As an example Divine Favor doesn't impact Healing Breeze, an enchantment that increases health regeneration, but Healing Prayer does.

guild wars
31-05-2005, 20:54
Yes, it doesn't show on allies.
You have to admit it is a bit unlucky in design.

Wow, I thank everyone for their fast response!

Just to be clear, henchies and other allies do NOT receive the Divine Favor bonus, only myself correct?

If that is true, why make a monk primary character? I mean, I thought the benefit of Divine favor was to help others as well as yourself.

Again, thanks everyone for being so helpful!

Mcdeath
31-05-2005, 21:26
Hmmm.

Uhh. No actually your allies DO get the bonus, it's just that you can't see it. *shrug* it's wierd I know.

Cygnus Arnimane
31-05-2005, 23:38
oops, nothing to see here.