PDA

View Full Version : Post your best Anti-Caster Build

wheel
01-06-2005, 01:40
With all this usage of air elementalists, there is obviously need for a strong anti-caster build. What build have you guys used that would shut down an air elementalist team?

Corrodias
01-06-2005, 06:12
how about... three me/mo's, three me/n's, and two w/e's? ;)
just speculation, i've barely played any pvp

wheel
01-06-2005, 06:42
how about... three me/mo's, three me/n's, and two w/e's? ;)
just speculation, i've barely played any pvp

Thanks for the input, I'm mainly looking for single character builds or team builds that elaborate on skills.

vic killsyou
01-06-2005, 08:42
protective spirit for the intial "barrage" of attacks.

wheel
01-06-2005, 08:47
What happens when a good team uses Strip Enchantment before their onslaught? Not a very good defense, since a good team will always have disenchants.

TheNug
01-06-2005, 08:56
you're assuming that the other team is godly or something. if everything could be disenchanted so easily, what would be the point of protective monks? sure a good pvp team will probably recognize the enchantment and disenchant it but not always before it served its purpose. there really aren't enough good disenchantments to keep up with what you're able to dish out, as it should be.

Torm Shadowbane
01-06-2005, 14:42
I am currently leaning toward the Mesmer.

Arcane Echo, Power Block (elite), Black Out, Power Leak, Power Spike, Backfire

You can effectively disable at least two Air Elementalists for 13 seconds (with 12 in Domination) with Power Block and Arcane Echo. With Fast Casting and a fast Mesmer you might be able to disable them before they complete their first wave of attacks, although it isn't likely.

Handy when facing Monks as well.

Of course, a Mesmer alone isn't likely to save you... Typically speaking these groups run with three to four Elementalists. After you Block the first two, guess who becomes public enemy number one?

errtu
01-06-2005, 23:20
my Me/E is still a baby but im putting alot of thought into using Maelstrom as an interupt, and of course powerblock x2 (arcane echo) would give me around 30 seconds of interupted caster,
the pro with Maelstrom is that just for use as an interupt you dont need to put any points into water, it lasts 10 seconds and interupts every second.
the down side is they can move out of the way once they realise they are being interupted.

well its just a thought and i brought it up cause i havnt seen it mentioned and wondered what you guys thought of it, if anyone has tried it and why they do / dont use it. :confused:

Mazock
02-06-2005, 00:16
Interesting...

So Arcane Echo works with signets. So, have you guys considered Mantra of Signets?

Immediately refresh power block, AND arcane echo. You could shut down three casters. Throw in Mantra of inscriptions and yer pissing off some casters :happy53:

Of coarse I haven't tried this. So tell me if this'll work.

Torm Shadowbane
02-06-2005, 03:17
Interesting...

So Arcane Echo works with signets. So, have you guys considered Mantra of Signets?

Immediately refresh power block, AND arcane echo. You could shut down three casters. Throw in Mantra of inscriptions and yer pissing off some casters :happy53:

Of coarse I haven't tried this. So tell me if this'll work.

Erm... I don't think that would work. Power Block and Arcane Echo are spells, not signets. (Unless, of course, Arcane Echo turns into a Signet AFTER it "echoes" a spell... in which case... eww.. nasty.)

minetryk
02-06-2005, 05:20
cycle

arcane echo
blackout
arcane echo/blackout
blackout.

target has no use of skills for 18 seconds. you need a dominate attribute of 12 (I believe) so your skills only shut down for 5 seconds to their 6. 1 second to recast.

In meantime, arrows that do straight max damage and one pet per R/Me to add to it.

start with mantra of concentration so the initial blackout (when in range) cant be interrupted, and your 8 R/Me's will shut down 8 elementalist or whatever casters (Im simplifying, adjust this as needed),

focus arrows and 8 pets on 1 enemy at a time, and say.... I don't really know.... 2 enemies are dead before they can really do anything.

then its 8 R/Me's and 8 pets vs. 6 whatevers.

BTW, im a noob, and have spent 45min, in PvP getting destroyed. I haven't tested this, And I thought of it pre-release.

Flame at will. I OK it.

Jahoclave
03-06-2005, 02:30
Also, a ranger running a good interupt build with lightning reflex, and marksmen can help you shut down elementals rather quick. They also can deal out some pretty stiff damage to them with savage and penetrating thanks to their lack of armor.