PDA

View Full Version : I need some answers

Pikeman
01-06-2005, 15:03
manual says you can have 4 heroes. does this mean 4 heroes at a time or i can create 4 heroes and then no more even if i delete some?
and second question is: if i pick second profession i will still be able to update my first one? in other words: is there any disadvantage of picking a second profession other that then fact that its permanent? thanks

kaiwryn
01-06-2005, 15:06
Question 1. Four heros at a time. If you delete one, another can take its place.
Question 2. Your first profession will continue to progess. And from what I hear much later in the game you will be given the opportunity to change your second profession if you want. So no, other than the 'mostly' permanent, there aren't any disadvantages.

Pikeman
01-06-2005, 15:10
this reply post is for thanking you for the quick reply :D

Mr Dead Wish
01-06-2005, 15:10
Question 1. Four heros at a time. If you delete one, another can take its place.
Question 2. Your first profession will continue to progess. And from what I hear much later in the game you will be given the opportunity to change your second profession if you want. So no, other than the 'mostly' permanent, there aren't any disadvantages.

After Ascending you can change your second profession as many times as you want.

Emerald Fire
01-06-2005, 15:12
After Ascending you can change your second profession as many times as you want.

You are able to change your second profession as often as you want provided you do the corresponding quest each time.

BrimstoneGale
01-06-2005, 17:14
Couple of questions about changing second profession.

1) What abou the skills - do you need to go back to all the previous areas and do all the quests that give skills again, or do you automatically get a number of skills (kinda like when creating PvP character)?

2) What about attribute points - are those that were used for secondary attributes simply put back into your pool?

Railen Shatterskull
01-06-2005, 18:45
1. When you change secondary professions, the skills you had from your original secondary profession will become unusable. They "go away" in a sense, but are not completely gone. So you can't change from an elementalist to a mesmer and expect to keep that firestorm skill loaded. However, if you do switch back to your original secondary profession, your character will be able to see all of the skills you've acquired for that profession again. So, if you change back from mesmer to elementalist, your mesmer skills will "go away", but all of your elementalist skills will be back and usable again.

EDIT: Re-reading your question, if you're talking about what skills you get for just changing professions, the answer is none. However, there will be a few new skill quests opened up for you in previously explored areas that might help you get rolling.

2. Simply put, yes.

Milamber Ill
01-06-2005, 19:23
I think he meant do you get any skills with the new profession.

Say you did all the quests for elementalist, then you choose to switch to Necro. Would you automatically be outfitted with the necro spells that would be the equivalent of the elementalist quests you did?

TBMarauder
01-06-2005, 20:24
I think he meant do you get any skills with the new profession.

Say you did all the quests for elementalist, then you choose to switch to Necro. Would you automatically be outfitted with the necro spells that would be the equivalent of the elementalist quests you did?No. If that players character had never before been a Necromancer secondary, they would have no Necromancer skills available to them, but they could trawl round the various Skill Trainers dotted around the world map, buying them up, and then, as mentioned above, could go back and re-do the early Necromancer quests (Piken Sq., Sardelac, Beetletun, etc) that give Skills as part of the reward.

Then its time to buy up some SoC's and grab your self some Necro Elite skills.

If they chose to return to their former secondary profession, then those previously 'unlocked' skills would immediately become available to them once more. Hope that helps.