PDA

View Full Version : Gwen's Flute and Tattered Girl's Cape (post-searing)

artyparty
01-06-2005, 19:51
Has anyone else found these two items? The flute is just like pre-searing, and the cape is a 100-armor salvage item that is not salvageable. Just wondering if there's actually a use for these...like if Gwen is alive somewhere...

Goathands
01-06-2005, 19:57
I've found the flute, the tattered cape however, I haven't seen. I think the flute is just there to give us a little reminder of pre-searing. *shrug* Or it may be part of a quest we haven't been treated to yet.

oumonkey
01-06-2005, 20:11
Not a clue. But the flute is a nice inventory divider! :happy34:

garce
01-06-2005, 20:15
I haven't found the (post-searing) flute, but I've got the tattered girls cape in my stash. I was quite surprised when a bog skale dropped it. No idea if its of any use, though.

Linada
01-06-2005, 20:53
I found the flute myself and i heard of the cape. My only idea is to show them to the ghost Sarah in the underworld. She says she had a little girl. And Gwen previously mentioned her mothers name was Sarah.
Just clutching at straws though. Would be nice if that line of the story was finished and polished up at some point.

Kyark
01-06-2005, 20:55
I have also found both the flute and the tattered girl's cape...and no use. Has anyone found Sarah in the UW? I haven't yet...

SirBlack
01-06-2005, 21:30
Sarah is one of the ghosts standing around you when you first enter the Underworld. I've tried bringing in the broken flute, tattered cape, and even the tapestry shred. And when I talked to Sarah.... Nothing happened

Either there's something or someone else that needs to be found, or this stuff doesn't work properly yet, or maybe these items are actually useless.

Death Dragon
01-06-2005, 21:43
I had the tattered cape, broken flute, and the tapestry shred. Talked to sarah and nothing still.

you get the tapestry shred from gwen by giving her the cape/flute in pre.

GADefence
01-06-2005, 22:26
I use Gwen's Broken Flute as my off hand weapon, if that counts.

EvilSage
01-06-2005, 22:31
I have never seen the tattered girls cape... is that new? if so maybe they are finaly starting to work on the broken quest (I meerly asume it is a broken quest)

Christopher Wallace
03-06-2005, 22:48
I have never seen the tattered girls cape... is that new? if so maybe they are finaly starting to work on the broken quest (I meerly asume it is a broken quest)

A bog scale drops it just outside of Sanctum Cay if you are heading up to fishermans haven. It says its salvageable and worth 100 gold, but i cant salvage it even with an expert kit or sell it. So who knows what its for.

Vyper
03-06-2005, 22:49
Are you insane??? Get rid of those! Gwen will come back from the dead and kill us all!!!!

jasad
03-06-2005, 23:02
Are you insane??? Get rid of those! Gwen will come back from the dead and kill us all!!!!

LOL! Yeah there's a use for these:

Go to Yak's Bend and talk to the cauldronsmith. Buy the Iron Cauldron of Spirit Re-fleshing. Combine Gwen's "lost items" with any and all superior runes you have unlocked, 38 piles of glittering dust, and a wood plank and cast resurect on the cauldron.

POOF!

Huh? You can't find the cauldronsmith? Did you check by the disgruntled dwarf? :lol:

Vyper
03-06-2005, 23:05
LOL! Yeah there's a use for these:

Go to Yak's Bend and talk to the cauldronsmith. Buy the Iron Cauldron of Spirit Re-fleshing. Combine Gwen's "lost items" with any and all superior runes you have unlocked, 38 piles of glittering dust, and a wood plank and cast resurect on the cauldron.

POOF!

Huh? You can't find the cauldronsmith? Did you check by the disgruntled dwarf? :lol:
nonono, you have to KILL the disgruntled Dwarf, and he's level 62.

jasad
03-06-2005, 23:06
Right.... It's been so long.

Mockguy
03-06-2005, 23:13
nonono, you have to KILL the disgruntled Dwarf, and he's level 62.

not to mention the dwarf's pet

Xiux X
09-06-2005, 10:56
Hmm, I have all those items too. Since Anet can stream in stuff to us, Wouldn't it be cool if they could craft a series of quests around these things and the underworld? Or just bring evil Gwen back, or something.... I know! Put in some corner of Lornar's pass or some other really evilly tough area an evil gwen from the Betas.... Make here level 80 or something, with that crazy firestorm spell, and other weird stuff.

RilderView
09-06-2005, 11:08
hehhehe how about the expansion for GW based around gwen and in the end with 30 people you have to take on Level 40 gwen and here "minions of evil" and if you die you reserect as one of her minions :happy65:

Dameon Angell
09-06-2005, 11:11
I use Gwen's Broken Flute as my off hand weapon, if that counts.

Lmao, rock that flute.

I think Gwen will go the way of Aerith. She's dead, everyone will come up with theories and she'll never come back. At least not right now.

MrScythes
09-06-2005, 11:50
Aren't the programmers of GW the same guys that put the chat-gem in Diablo II :rant:

boxterduke
09-06-2005, 15:51
I have the flue but not the cape.
Where do u get the cape from?

oops, just read the reply above. I'm at sanctum cay now. I think I well look for the cape tonight.

cool

DarkY
09-06-2005, 16:09
I have the flue but not the cape.
Where do u get the cape from?

oops, just read the reply above. I'm at sanctum cay now. I think I well look for the cape tonight.

cool
at a shop, for 200 gold orso, dont know with city sorry

L_Jonte
09-06-2005, 16:56

Hmm... I don't think Gwen is dead.

thegrip
09-06-2005, 17:18
Anyone know what the tapestry shred is for?

Torm Shadowbane
09-06-2005, 17:27
Heh, I found the broken flute but ditched it. I use the Tapestry Shred she gave me as an inventory divider. Tried talking to Sarah once I made it to Underworld but nothing.

I'm one of those strange people who let Gwen follow him around everywhere he went while leveling up to level 8 in Pre-Searing.

Did having Gwen following you around make anyone else feel like a pedophile?

"Come on, little girl follow me... I will buy you nice things."

"Here, I bought you this nice shinny flute. Oh, of course I want to hear you play with it. Put it to your lips and blow..."

"Oh, little girl you have to wait outside of town for me out here in the wilderness... where you could possibly be killed by a large number of things... because... you know... cause... uhh...errr... just wait here and stay low."

At least the little heals she gave once you gave her the flute were useful. :p

Pip
09-06-2005, 21:54
Maybe Theyll make stuff like gwens wig gwens clothes and stuff too and if u collect it all u can put it on and look like gwen

Torm Shadowbane
09-06-2005, 23:43
Pip- That's disturbing. Very disturbing. My post in conjunction with your post is even more disturbing still...

Ante Gotovina
10-06-2005, 11:21
Maybe Theyll make stuff like gwens wig gwens clothes and stuff too and if u collect it all u can put it on and look like gwen

this reminds me of escape from monkey island where you could assemble various prosthetic parts... IT IS ALIVE!!!

Cebex
24-06-2005, 23:16
this reminds me of escape from monkey island where you could assemble various prosthetic parts... IT IS ALIVE!!!

Noooo!!!!! Let the dead remain dead. The last time I saw her, I ended up dead and having to pay another $40 to continue playing GW!! :happy53:

Someone will probably find a way to bring her back to life in 5 months. I will end up dead, and have to pay another $50 for and expansion!!! :winking47

TrippyIMP
25-06-2005, 22:53
maybe we'll get to see/know more about gwen's faith after searing in the coming expansion (e.t.a. this summer)

Calon
27-06-2005, 16:23
seems to me like there should be a Gwen-Barbie somewhere you can dress with all that stuff :P

Longasc
28-06-2005, 02:55
If you remember David Eddings "Elenium"-Trilogy, there was a little girl with a flute, maybe she also had a cape.

She always manipulated people to comfort her, do things for her, and was just kind and cute, a nice child, getting on people's nerves at times.

Her name was initially "Flute"... how fitting.

But in the end she turned out to be a ... goddess. And a damn powerful, too!
Maybe Gwen is Dwayna itself? Or the 6th God?

Also keep in mind, you find a tattered cape outside of Sanctum Cay on your way to Fisherman's Haven, there is Sarah, supposedly Gwen's mother, in the Underworld, while her Flute is outside of Ascalon, a cape that might be hers outside Sanctum Cay ... Gwen is still alive!

-> I see the coming Guild Wars Add-On:
Gwen strikes back OR Return of Gwen

If you are interested in David Eddings Fantasy (the GW Fantasy writer obviously was!), take a look there:

http://www.eddingschronicles.com/
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0345367693/

Nadril
28-06-2005, 03:23
Hmm, I have all those items too. Since Anet can stream in stuff to us, Wouldn't it be cool if they could craft a series of quests around these things and the underworld? Or just bring evil Gwen back, or something.... I know! Put in some corner of Lornar's pass or some other really evilly tough area an evil gwen from the Betas.... Make here level 80 or something, with that crazy firestorm spell, and other weird stuff.

I would pay to kill gwen... Litteraly, I'd pay arena net money to be able to do that :surprise:

Im Bogus
28-06-2005, 07:12
i feel this is the beggining of a bad made story for the next update....

there is no sence in finding the cape and the flute in so diferent parts of the map.... and certenly making it such a small deal that just us (the players who investigate about the game) are confused while the others are still fooling inside the game.

Ok.... if this should be part of the story there should be a reward (BIG ONE) for the players that took time looking what to do with this crap. Please.... if anyone can give us some answer about what to do with this non sence items SPEAK NOW ! i hate spending 2 hours running arround seen if the dead mother has some interest in her "dead child".

And let me tell ya... she is alaive... thats for sure... if u can find the mother and there is no little child next to her she will be found. But how did that stupid girl survived ? when she started following me i left her standing in the last city i found and ran away....

yamcake
30-06-2005, 11:00
Aren't the programmers of GW the same guys that put the chat-gem in Diablo II :rant:

oh i remember the chat gem in diablo 2. Still havent figured out what is it used for. :lol:

Comrade Morik
30-06-2005, 13:40
i feel this is the beggining of a bad made story for the next update....

there is no sence in finding the cape and the flute in so diferent parts of the map.... and certenly making it such a small deal that just us (the players who investigate about the game) are confused while the others are still fooling inside the game.

Ok.... if this should be part of the story there should be a reward (BIG ONE) for the players that took time looking what to do with this crap. Please.... if anyone can give us some answer about what to do with this non sence items SPEAK NOW ! i hate spending 2 hours running arround seen if the dead mother has some interest in her "dead child".

And let me tell ya... she is alaive... thats for sure... if u can find the mother and there is no little child next to her she will be found. But how did that stupid girl survived ? when she started following me i left her standing in the last city i found and ran away....

I KNOW WHAT IT DOES I KNOW WHAT IT DOESI KNOW WHAT IT DOES I KNOW WHAT IT DOESI KNOW WHAT IT DOES I KNOW WHAT IT DOESI KNOW WHAT IT DOES I KNOW WHAT IT DOESI KNOW WHAT IT DOES I KNOW WHAT IT DOESI KNOW WHAT IT DOES I KNOW WHAT IT DOESI KNOW WHAT IT DOES I KNOW WHAT IT DOESI KNOW WHAT IT DOES I KNOW WHAT IT DOESI KNOW WHAT IT DOES I KNOW WHAT IT DOESI KNOW WHAT IT DOES I KNOW WHAT IT DOESI KNOW WHAT IT DOES I KNOW WHAT IT DOESI KNOW WHAT IT DOES I KNOW WHAT IT DOESI KNOW WHAT IT DOES I KNOW WHAT IT DOESI KNOW WHAT IT DOES I KNOW WHAT IT DOESI KNOW WHAT IT DOES I KNOW WHAT IT DOESI KNOW WHAT IT DOES I KNOW WHAT IT DOESI KNOW WHAT IT DOES I KNOW WHAT IT DOESI KNOW WHAT IT DOES I KNOW WHAT IT DOESI KNOW WHAT IT DOES I KNOW WHAT IT DOESI KNOW WHAT IT DOES I KNOW WHAT IT DOESI KNOW WHAT IT DOES I KNOW WHAT IT DOESI KNOW WHAT IT DOES I KNOW WHAT IT DOESI KNOW WHAT IT DOES I KNOW WHAT IT DOESI KNOW WHAT IT DOES I KNOW WHAT IT DOESI KNOW WHAT IT DOES I KNOW WHAT IT DOESI KNOW WHAT IT DOES I KNOW WHAT IT DOESI KNOW WHAT IT DOES I KNOW WHAT IT DOESI KNOW WHAT IT DOES I KNOW WHAT IT DOESI KNOW WHAT IT DOES I KNOW WHAT IT DOES!!!!!

YOU CAN USE IT AS A PROJECTILE OBJECT ON DEVOURERS!

I think...... Or just run around looking cool. That works too.

liamSlayer
30-06-2005, 14:29
hmm............ ive got all 3 but there just in my storage mabye theres a secret place to go

Anton Hanneman
08-08-2005, 10:06
The Rumor goes (and this is passed on from second-hand info from Korean forums)

1. Find Flute / Tattered Cape / Tapestry(?) (will match the pre-searing items you get from here, though I never got the "tapestry" even though I bought that little ho everything).

2. Go to underworld, get "Clear the Monuments" quest.

3. Clear the monuments.

4. At that moment, the Citadel door near the smites area opens.

5. Gwen lurks within, supposedly. If you hand her the three items from her mortal life, something occurs, but noone has said.

Now I dont claim any of the above is factual, but its what I heard secondhand from more than likely a dozen secondhand sources.

Should be fun to try out though, right?

Anton Hanneman
08-08-2005, 11:50
The Rumor goes (and this is passed on from second-hand info from Korean forums)

1. Find Flute / Tattered Cape / Tapestry(?) (will match the pre-searing items you get from here, though I never got the "tapestry" even though I bought that little ho everything).

2. Go to underworld, get "Clear the Monuments" quest.

3. Clear the monuments.

4. At that moment, the Citadel door near the smites area opens.

5. Gwen lurks within, supposedly. If you hand her the three items from her mortal life, something occurs, but noone has said.

Now I dont claim any of the above is factual, but its what I heard secondhand from more than likely a dozen secondhand sources.

Should be fun to try out though, right?

Should note there is also a "Dead Flower" somewhere in the vicinity of Fishermans Haven?

Pre-Searing:
Tapestry

Post-Searing:
Broken Flute
Dead Flower
Tattered Cape

I think these must be collected.

Scol
08-08-2005, 21:03
Hmm dead flower? that one is new to me... Anyone got an exact location on that?

Azgalon
08-08-2005, 22:56
What if you put all these items inside the Horadric Cube and combine and at the same time click the blue gem?

DaveyHollingrad
09-08-2005, 22:23
I found the cape (twice...I threw it away the first time :lol: ) outside of Sanctum Cay. Both times, they just dropped out of nowhere, the same as the Red Iris Flowers did in pre (as opposed to fighting Bog Scales to get it).

Hmm dead flower? that one is new to me... Anyone got an exact location on that?

I've never seen that, either. Hmmm...

Pokey The Penguin Lord
09-08-2005, 23:16
Maybe I'm just stretching it but has anyone collected all of the gwen related items b/f talking to Sarah? Like get the flute and small girls cape and red iris flowers and tapestry shred from pre, as well as the tattered cape, broken flute, and now apparently the dead flower. If anybody tries out the secondhand-korean info, try doing it w/ everything. I haven't made it to UW yet so I can't do it myself.

Anton Hanneman
10-08-2005, 01:11
From what I read, the Dead Flower is near Fishermans Haven.

I remember seeing it once before too, but I almost always throw stuff away if I dont see an immediate use for it.

Wishing I hadn't now :p

dab
10-08-2005, 01:23
What if you put all these items inside the Horadric Cube and combine and at the same time click the blue gem?

I laughed.

I have never seen this Dead Flower and I have done runs from Sanctum Cay to Fisherman's Haven countless times.

SirBlack
10-08-2005, 07:43
I just heard about this Dead Flower rumor today... And since I had nothing better to do at the time, I took a trip through Stringray Strand to see if it was there. I found the Tattered Girl's Cape of course, and also a spot where a little bit of gold randomly spawns (wtf) but no Dead Flower. I tried to cover every bit of the map there in case you have to get near for it to appear...

If it exists at all, I'd say it's somewhere else. Maybe the person/people who supposedly found it didn't remember where exactly and said the wrong area by mistake? Perhaps somewhere a little further out or somewhere that resembles Stringray. Could possibly be Tears of the Fallen or Twin Serpent Lakes... Or maybe it's just a load of crap.

Renald
10-08-2005, 07:55
This is just my opion about what happened to gwen but here goes: :idea: I think she ran to the catacombs and got stuck in them when the entrences caved in and she is now living down there off of bugs and crisp clean water. I'M GONNA BLOW THAT ENTRENCE OPEN AND FIND HER! GWEN, I'M COMING!!!!!!

Revean Black
10-08-2005, 08:21
ive seen the dead flower... but i dont remember where. i thought it was for some useless quest so i didnt do anything

Alarno Yang
10-08-2005, 11:09
Dead... flower...faint memory...saw that before...where...

You ARE aware that this is gonna drive me nuts?

Damnit...

DaveyHollingrad
11-08-2005, 07:19
Dead... flower...faint memory...saw that before...where...

You ARE aware that this is gonna drive me nuts?

Damnit...

Hearing that others have actually seen it is going to drive me nuts.

the Unknown
11-08-2005, 15:21
Is Sarah realy her mother???

Since the Sarah in pre-searing and the Sarah in UW dont look the same.

Hier are some pictures with gwen en here seposly mother Sarah in pre-searing.

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b317/Darkdragon3/gw001.jpg

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b317/Darkdragon3/gw002.jpg

sorry dont now how the but a bigger pic on the forum.

Jerche
12-08-2005, 06:59
Anyone know why I cant get the stupid tapestry shred...

I've given her 10 flowers... nothing

I've even got the fixed flute and the small girl's cape, and when I talk to her nothing happens

liamSlayer
12-08-2005, 13:28
Is Sarah realy her mother???

Since the Sarah in pre-searing and the Sarah in UW dont look the same.

Hier are some pictures with gwen en here seposly mother Sarah in pre-searing.

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b317/Darkdragon3/gw001.jpg

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b317/Darkdragon3/gw002.jpg

sorry dont now how the but a bigger pic on the forum.

try useing photobucket or imageshack

Scol
12-08-2005, 19:54
Someone please find this Dead Flower and post a location. I'm beginning to wonder if its a myth...

kafros
22-08-2005, 11:39
Official Info Update (see www.guildwars.com/update)

Sarah in UW is indeed Gwen's mother and actually turns out to be Sarah Conor from Terminator! Gwen at the moment is fighting evil robots and on the next expansion you get to help her kill SKYNET!

cool!

:)

asxtc
23-08-2005, 11:39
The ppl who bought the game because there m8 had it and then got run to Perdition by thier guild are reading this going:

"Whos Gwen?" :lol:

Try this: Everytime you collect something on the Gwen list--drag it to the recycler bin in your inventory view. It will then disapear from view but be transfered to your own memory.
Then when Anet actually update in the summer and put a quest together which requires one of "Gwens" items--you can cuss and self-rant because said items are in memory and not inventory.

Try this: type the emote /hit frog with flute
Flute will break--thow away (someone will find and pick up "Broken flute")

Try this: take cape to cape Designer bloke and ask for money back (its really worth 2plat)

Try this: Wait until party has a really good Gold drop throw flute on top of it and say "Ahhh its just a flute --nothing of any worth here guys"--wait until everyone leaves and claim your prize.

Try this: Collect as many Flutes as poss and then stand in Pilken offering "Ashes and bonus Flute package" for 750gold

Andy

ps--has anyone noticed that when you have the Flute offhand--the background music changes??

immortius
28-08-2005, 09:12
I just heard about this Dead Flower rumor today... And since I had nothing better to do at the time, I took a trip through Stringray Strand to see if it was there. I found the Tattered Girl's Cape of course, and also a spot where a little bit of gold randomly spawns (wtf) but no Dead Flower. I tried to cover every bit of the map there in case you have to get near for it to appear...

If it exists at all, I'd say it's somewhere else. Maybe the person/people who supposedly found it didn't remember where exactly and said the wrong area by mistake? Perhaps somewhere a little further out or somewhere that resembles Stringray. Could possibly be Tears of the Fallen or Twin Serpent Lakes... Or maybe it's just a load of crap.

For the sake of the great search for gwen, I did a complete search of all three areas, wiping them clear of monsters and carefully making sure to walk within aggro range of every part of the map (that seems to be the range necessary to make the gwen items appear. Like you I found the tattered girl's cape and random coins, but nothing else. Well... I did get a couple of gold drops as well :D.

DarkY
20-04-2006, 11:54
i know its old topic, but know one found out till now? :p

Krazax
20-04-2006, 13:54
There Is No Gwen Level!

livevil
20-04-2006, 17:22
This dead flower is getting me curious, now I want to clear that place and check for myself :/
And for the second hand information passed from the Korean forum, has anyone actually tried that? I would'nt mind testing it out for the sake of it -__-;;

The Pocky Alchemist
20-04-2006, 20:13
This is just like the LOST Numbers!

DISCLAIMER THING: Please excuse the length of this post. No, I am not a freak. I just really, really like puzzles. :grin:

Okay. Okay, okay. So. Let's compile the evidence. What do we have?

Pre-Searing Ascalon

Flute (Focus, +1 energy)
Small Girl's Cape
Tapestry Shred, Gwen's treasured posession (Why?)
"Broken Flute", from the quest where we first meet her
Red Iris Flowers (No purpose! Sellable for 5g)

Tyria, 2 Years Later

Gwen's Broken Flute
Tattered Girl's Cape (Found on the beaches of KRYTA)
"Dead Flower", if it truly exists
In UW, Sarah doesn't know where she is.

The Breakdown
So let's take it from the top. The flute is important, because we need to buy her a new one. Gwen also likes flowers, as well as the color red. (In Pre she says, "The red flowers are my favorite".) Finally, the tapestry is a keystone. I really want to know where that shred came from.

Oh, by the way, Gwen just gave me the shred. All I bought her was the flute, and I only gave her a few flowers. Five or so. I gave her the cape after she gave me the shred, just because. It might depend on how much you let her follow you around.

Now: BOOM! CRASH! BANG! BIG GLOWY PURPLE THINGS! We just seared.

Gwen dropped her flute during the Searng. I'm sure people dropped lots of things during the Searing, but this is important.
When we find the flute, we're supposed to think, "Oh, that's nice, the devs want to add to the story." But the fact that we find her cloak in Kryta shows us that she made it there on her own.
How old is she in terms of the story, 12 or something? How's a 12-year-old going to make it that far, battling monsters and undead and Dwayna knows what? My theory: The kid's got power.
This... this Dead Flower thing, that may or may not exist. Personally, I think it does. It's not the kind of thing a player would make up, but it is the kind of thing a player would forget, ditching it because it's for an unknown quest. This is probably a reference to the Red Iris Flowers.

Theory 1: The Dead Flower exists.
...but it only appears under certain conditions. In fact... remember how she just up gave me the tapestry, when I'd only spent about 4gc on her? There's a possibility that the Dead Flower's appearence depends on how much time you spent with her in Pre-searing. I can see the devs running an equation like that, crunching EXP and flower endowments to come up with a probability factor. But that's just a guess.

Theory 2: Gwen is alive.
If she wasn't, her mother would know, being a ghost and all. Besides, we find out the fate of the Pre-searing characters from quests and observations. There's a chance she's dead... but I doubt it.

Theory 3: Gwen is a mage.
Little kid, magical flute, survives while her entire city collapses around her and runs off to the opposite end of the kingdom, all under her own steam? Sounds like prime mage materal to me. I mean, you didn't see her asking for a wooden sword, did you?

Theory 4: Where is she now?
Okay, now this is pretty much a shot in the dark, but you gotta wonder... how, I mean seriously how could a kid survive where our Level 14 paladins got pwned? And why would she just disappear like that, and not come back to the Vanguard? Either she's pissed (Doubtful, it's not like she's Devona)... or there's another possibility. Gwen may be researching a new branch of magic. What comes to mind is Lord Ordan, and that interesting, random little line in the manual that struck me as odd. Ordan (the guy who opened the UW portals) specialized in "temporal distortions". Would a mage-class with control over time really be that far-fetched?

I'm going to try to get my grubby little Aeromancer paws on that Dead Flower. If and when I find it, I'll make a post--and if anyone reading this has actually held the thing, LET US KNOW!

Any more ideas?... like, what to do once we actually have this elusive flower?

[shakes head] I can't believe I'm getting 0wned by a 12-year-old.

Lord Valdrum
20-04-2006, 20:17
lol good luck with that, and I remember on one of the events when she randomly spawned several times and wiped out teams :|

CyanBoy
20-04-2006, 20:58
Official Info Update (see www.guildwars.com/update)

Sarah in UW is indeed Gwen's mother and actually turns out to be Sarah Conor from Terminator! Gwen at the moment is fighting evil robots and on the next expansion you get to help her kill SKYNET!

cool!

:)

Then Hops Flameinator, an Imp boss, might have something to do with Gwen :laugh:

nkuvu
20-04-2006, 20:59
Theory 2: Gwen is alive.
If she wasn't, her mother would know, being a ghost and all. Besides, we find out the fate of the Pre-searing characters from quests and observations. There's a chance she's dead... but I doubt it.
Not necessarily. Consider the quest Family Ties. You are given the quest to lead some ghosts back to Ascalon. They're surprised to find their son Tobias alive. So it's possible that Sarah doesn't know if Gwen is alive or dead.

The Pocky Alchemist
20-04-2006, 22:53
Not necessarily. Consider the quest Family Ties. You are given the quest to lead some ghosts back to Ascalon. They're surprised to find their son Tobias alive. So it's possible that Sarah doesn't know if Gwen is alive or dead.

That's true. Like I said, it's a theory. You'd think Sarah would have found her if she was in UW, though... hmm. [shrugs]

....and darn you, Kafros and Cyan. I have that relentless T2 theme stuck in my head now, lol

halfthought
20-04-2006, 23:08
must have FLOWER.. Ive been facinated with gwen for like, forever, and plz, if any one finds a dead flower, PLZ TELL
:drools:

Morthios Kentigern
20-04-2006, 23:15
Heh, I found the broken flute but ditched it. I use the Tapestry Shred she gave me as an inventory divider. Tried talking to Sarah once I made it to Underworld but nothing.

I'm one of those strange people who let Gwen follow him around everywhere he went while leveling up to level 8 in Pre-Searing.

Did having Gwen following you around make anyone else feel like a pedophile?

"Come on, little girl follow me... I will buy you nice things."

"Here, I bought you this nice shinny flute. Oh, of course I want to hear you play with it. Put it to your lips and blow..."

"Oh, little girl you have to wait outside of town for me out here in the wilderness... where you could possibly be killed by a large number of things... because... you know... cause... uhh...errr... just wait here and stay low."

At least the little heals she gave once you gave her the flute were useful. :p

Whats funny is that on my first Char, i was just running around in Pre and Gwen just randomly appears and starts following me and healing me. I hadn't given her anything, hadn't even seen her out side ASC and was freaking out that i was being followed by some strange little girl healing me. I asked me buddy who she was and all he said ws not to worry, but to just let her heal me.

vewyphishy
20-04-2006, 23:33
gwen = l33t. of course she wouldn't die.

she's just in a cave somewhere leveling up l33tness so that one day, she may resurface and make the tyria her *****.

trust me.

forgive and forget
20-04-2006, 23:53
hmmm when i think of Gwen i think of that annoying girl who said strange stuff to me, then healed me and i was happy. maybe in another GW chapter she can be a new monk henchie (heals=monk):happy:

The Pocky Alchemist
20-04-2006, 23:55
Whats funny is that on my first Char, i was just running around in Pre and Gwen just randomly appears and starts following me and healing me. I hadn't given her anything, hadn't even seen her out side ASC and was freaking out that i was being followed by some strange little girl healing me. I asked me buddy who she was and all he said ws not to worry, but to just let her heal me.

Your buddy? Were you questing with someone? I hear Gwen starts acting weird when there's more than one person around her. Disabling and bypassing requirements... weird stuff.

Bobert Monduvia
21-04-2006, 00:38
this thread caught my eye and now i am very curious...and determined to get all of these items. can someone please help me and tell me the locations of all the items, as specific as possible please. and the best methods of getting them as well. i have tried farming the skales outside of sanctum but am having no luck. any help is greatly apreciated. thanks in advance

The Pocky Alchemist
21-04-2006, 01:00
All I need is that cursed flower and the tattered cape, both of which are reported to be dropped between Sanctum and Fisherman's. Then I'll have a full set.

The post-Searing "Gwen's Broken Flute" is near those Grawl bosses in Old Ascalon, close to Gradzen. If it's not there when you look, try respawning.

Bobert Monduvia
21-04-2006, 01:25
oh, ok. awesome. thank you very much. i just got the broken flute outside of sardilac (its a bit faster). i just need the tattered cape and dead flower...but i killed everything between sanctum and fishermans like 5 times earlier and got nothing. can someone tell me exactly where these things are? and if they drop from enemies...or are they like the flute, and just appear on the ground?
thanks again

aukofhasdf
21-04-2006, 03:45
Does that cape even drop anymore?

MilitiaMan
21-04-2006, 05:36
i had the flower once. i know that doesn't help... I think that she is just something for us to study, like all of the lore

Bobert Monduvia
21-04-2006, 06:32
C:\Program Files\Guild Wars\Screens\gw135well...i have gotten the flute but cannot seem to find the cape...i am beginning to get frustrated:angry: ...

i guess that post didnt work..i tried to post a screen..couldnt figure it out...o well...its me with stingray stand cleard...every last bit of it...*sigh*

The Pocky Alchemist
21-04-2006, 06:35
C:\Program Files\Guild Wars\Screens\gw135well...i have gotten the flute but cannot seem to find the cape...i am beginning to get frustrated:angry: ...

You have to upload the picture if you want us to see it, Monduvia. Try using a host like Photobucket. It'll walk you through the steps.

--

...Wait.
MilitiaMan. You had the flower? As in, you seriously, actually had the Dead Flower in your inventory? Where'd you find it?

Bobert Monduvia
21-04-2006, 06:38
ok...i guess i will go try photobucket. can someone please tell me where exactly this tattered cape is? and is it a drop from an enemy or random drop like the flute?

Bobert Monduvia
21-04-2006, 06:43
http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j212/bobert_monduvia/gw135.jpg

cool it worked. thanks alot pocky, i will use this alot now...it took me awhile to do that in stingray...lol
i want that cape now more than ever.. *sigh*

i WILL get it...

xXxploit Me
21-04-2006, 07:14
In factions Gwen will be 14. Probably run away screaming "LoL Ownage. n00b! whe3e my cape?!? lol I survive searing, no tell how lol" :embarassed:

I'm intriguted by this idea of Gwen being a goddess or archmage :)

K guys, im on the hunt for the Dead Flower - Will post pics *IF* i find one ;)

The Pocky Alchemist
21-04-2006, 08:02
Good luck, Xploit!

I'm on the lookout for the Dead Flower, but right now this stupid cloak is kicking my arse. Where are you looking for the flower?

Rumor has it that a boss named Mingas the Meek drops the cloak, somewhere south of Fisherman's Haven. I'm working on a confirmation. I've killed a crapload of bosses... but I haven't seen Mingas yet. (Of course, this was only my second run, lol.)

Laibeus Lord
21-04-2006, 09:02
got the dead flower last year during release month, when finishing the quests and exploring the maps (for the tyria world map by moomanibe).
Just like the other post-searing gwen stuff, I destroyed the items. Useless, it is just taking up space.

the dead flower drop rate is super low compared to other gwen items. also if I remember it correctly, gwen item's drop in different places, it is very random, a 'teaser' of sorts. As always, i just destroy the items. If ever there'll be use sometime later, I can always hunt the items down. At least I have something to do later :p

thazel
21-04-2006, 12:00
gwen probably IS an archmage, a powerful one too, or shes just like cynn or orion and casts firestorm whenever something has just died or when the warriors have got full aggro on em..maybe she PUG'ed her way into Kryta..these PUG's of course consisting of anet devs of course...before the game release...then she wanted to go ettin farming and got pwned by the ettin boss smush fatfist and now shes lurks behind those citadl doors in uw at the ice wastes...omfg i can almost here her, Ouch! a bee bit me! from behind those doors....then again maybe not:laugh:

maybe well see her in the canthan version of UW:tongue:

but i honestly doubt the second hand korean forum rumor is true...if gwen would spawn anywhere i would bet my umm..i dunno....that she would spawn deeper in UW, somewhere harder to get to, perhaps the bone pits or the spawning pools?

Lensor
21-04-2006, 17:09
Gwen is kinda like Reizarfg (good old D2..) A lot of rumours but no hard evidence. Until I have seen a video capture of her, I will not believe anything (and maybe not even then). All her stuff is just placed in the world to confuse us. She is dead, dead I tell you!

Ayarie
21-04-2006, 17:35
Anet says they dont know what happened to her =//

Are they trying to mis lead us? I suggest someone finds froggy in LA and sits on him until he squeels

Naru Soulfire

aukofhasdf
21-04-2006, 23:13
They probably didn't write a story for her that's all.

The Pocky Alchemist
22-04-2006, 00:32
They probably didn't write a story for her that's all.

Boo! I'm not going to believe that. That wouldn't be any fun, hahaha!

Besides. Why go though the trouble of coding for these items when there's no story for her? The drops use an engine unlike anything else in the game that I can think of. Take rubies and sapphires, for instance. At least those have a specified droprate, and they always drop from a monster. Not so with the Gwen items. People say they drop from monsters; people say they randomly appear on the ground; people say they only show up when they're in your aggro zone.

Then there are the 3d models and icons and entries for each of the Gwen items... [shakes head] Too much work for the items to have no purpose.

I say we go running through the streets of Ascalon, Droks and LA screaming, WTB DEAD FLOWER!!1!111!

Galen Ubal
22-04-2006, 02:31
Good luck, Xploit!

I'm on the lookout for the Dead Flower, but right now this stupid cloak is kicking my arse. Where are you looking for the flower?

Rumor has it that a boss named Mingas the Meek drops the cloak, somewhere south of Fisherman's Haven. I'm working on a confirmation. I've killed a crapload of bosses... but I haven't seen Mingas yet. (Of course, this was only my second run, lol.)
Mingas wasn't a boss - he was a random NPC that was just standing around, in the water a bit north from Sanctum Cay. He didn't respond when clicked, and nothing attacked him, nor did he move at all. He's since been removed.

Bobert Monduvia
22-04-2006, 02:54
ya...i have been through there many...many times since last night, and there is no mingas. does this mean since he has been removed that the cape is no longer possible to get? that would really suck...so much time wasted...o well, off to find the dead flower then, lol

halfthought
22-04-2006, 04:14
Mingas wasn't a boss - he was a random NPC that was just standing around, in the water a bit north from Sanctum Cay. He didn't respond when clicked, and nothing attacked him, nor did he move at all. He's since been removed.
maybe its gwen father duh.duh.duh...... :tongue:

The Pocky Alchemist
22-04-2006, 04:20

Ah, ic ic. Thanks for the info, that helps, lol.

----------------

Okay, all. Here's some more good info for ya. I did a little research earlier. Check it out.

So I got tired of chasing the Gwen items, and got pwned in the Crystal Desert. Trying to figure out what to do. Then it hits me. I snap my fingers. "Hey," said I, "I'll go back and get another Broken Flute!"

http://www.seventhsector.net/gwenhunting/gwen_flute.jpg

Tally ho, ladies and gentelmen.

I use Armor of Mist and Windborne Speed together to get a +66% speed increase, and practically fly my way down to Gradzen the Protector in Old Ascalon.

First time I find it, it's on that hill, almost right next to Gradzen. Tried a bunch of stuff. No dice.

http://www.seventhsector.net/gwenhunting/flute_kneel.jpg

I tried bowing, bowing my head, the /flute emote thing, and kneeling like you do outside a god statue if your country has favor. (I don't know if the USA had favor or not, sorry.) Nothing happened, no ghost of Gwen popping out of the ground. So nothing there, yet.

Now, here's where the fun begins.

http://www.seventhsector.net/gwenhunting/flute_location.jpg

Second time around--I went into the Sanitarium and back out again--the flute was here. Same general location.

Where I'm Standing: the point at which I first got the flute on-screen. Yes, it's true: it's a shorter range than all other items.

The Little Red Dot: Gwen's Broken Flute.

Which means, after a little Photoshop magic...

http://www.seventhsector.net/gwenhunting/gwen_aggro_range.jpg

I'll run a few more tests later, methinks, and see if that's true. But so far, this is good news: it's a little easier to comb an area now. The math makes sense, too: Normal range, 100% of radar. Aggro range, ~25% of radar. Special aggro range: right in-between.

Also: once you've aggro'd one of Gwen's items, it turns into a normal item in terms of discovery with the [alt] key. So you only need to blanket an area once before you can just stroll through normally and use your eyes.

All this, of course, is assuming that all of Gwen's items have the same attributes as far as the radar and the [alt] key are concerned. If someone finds another one--something other than the flute, that is--test this little theory out, will ya?

Hopefully this will let us cover more territory, faster. Good luck, all!

Bobert Monduvia
22-04-2006, 04:58
Ok...well...i have been over every inch of stigray stand multiple times and no cape or flower. So either it has been removed or moved to a different location, would be my guess. Has anyone actually gotten the cape anytime recently? I have talked to others who have also said that they ahve not seen it for months, so i dont really know. It would be a big help if someone has found it recently, at least we would know it still exists... Any luck with that dead flower yet anyone? Any ideas of where it might be or anything? I will continue looking for both of these items...gl all

Napstah
22-04-2006, 23:03
Ok...well...i have been over every inch of stigray stand multiple times and no cape or flower. So either it has been removed or moved to a different location, would be my guess. Has anyone actually gotten the cape anytime recently? I have talked to others who have also said that they ahve not seen it for months, so i dont really know. It would be a big help if someone has found it recently, at least we would know it still exists... Any luck with that dead flower yet anyone? Any ideas of where it might be or anything? I will continue looking for both of these items...gl all
the girl cape is bought from a merchanter for 200 gold i thought (i wouldnt know its only my 3rd day of playing)

The Pocky Alchemist
22-04-2006, 23:24
the girl cape is bought from a merchanter for 200 gold i thought (i wouldnt know its only my 3rd day of playing)

This is a different cape we're talking about. Go back and read the first few pages of the forum if you're confused.

Okay!

So, let's see. I had a few regions circled here... Stingray Strand was one of them. I'm going to say that we've covered that enough, thanks to Monduvia's efforts. ANet may have moved the items somewhere else.

The other regions I've marked up are [B]Watchtower Coast (NE of Divinity Coast), The Wilds (Maguuma mission), and Scoundrel's Rise. Watchtower and Wilds are rumors I've scrounged out online. Scoundrel's... is of my own devising.

See, I've seen the Tattered Girl's Cape before. I remember it. There was a hill, and there were imps, unless I'm mistaken. Probably fire imps. Sounds like Stingray, doesn't it? Well. I've only had this game for about 4 months. The hunt for Gwen's cape was the first time I'd ever set fut in Stingray Strand.

I'm gonna head on over to Scoundrel's again and see what I can see. Anybody else want to take another hotspot?

And remember: TEST THE AGGRO RANGE, PLEASE!

Chip
23-04-2006, 00:34
Maybe she comes back in the story line on your side as a lvl 25 when she is older and she looks HOT and pwns everyone.

The Pocky Alchemist
23-04-2006, 00:47
Maybe she comes back in the story line on your side as a lvl 25 when she is older and she looks HOT and pwns everyone.

Alas, one can only dream... :wink:

CyanBoy
23-04-2006, 01:00

No way! She is still a little girl on the same age!

aukofhasdf
23-04-2006, 04:17
I Can't Find The Cape, Help!!!

Bobert Monduvia
23-04-2006, 04:23
ill go and check out watchtower coast. i will go over all of it and report my findings back here when im done.
gl all

Bobert Monduvia
23-04-2006, 06:01
http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j212/bobert_monduvia/gw136.jpg

well, just finished with watchtower coast...went over all of it...twice and no luck
hows scoundrels coming? any luck?
well...i guess i will go try the wilds now...gl again

Mr Snuggles
23-04-2006, 11:40
I haven't found the (post-searing) flute, but I've got the tattered girls cape in my stash. I was quite surprised when a bog skale dropped it. No idea if its of any use, though.

YAY, Gwens been eaten by a scale!!!:grin:

i think i read something on frog talk bout gaile gray saying something bout gwen being in factions:huh:

The Pocky Alchemist
23-04-2006, 16:58
That would make sense, 'cause they seem to have moved the Tattered Cape fairly recently. Possibly as a result of the expansion release?

Chip
23-04-2006, 18:26
YAY, Gwens been eaten by a scale!!!:grin:

i think i read something on frog talk bout gaile gray saying something bout gwen being in factions:huh:

Yeah she said there wouldn't be Gwen in chapter 2 but hey maybe chapter 3

Steamy
23-06-2006, 20:51
Just checked out North Kryta beach.. no luck.
Where did the Tattered Cape Go! :(

gslack
26-06-2006, 04:53
the flute goes to a little girl outside ascalon city.right next to the collector and the resurection spot.shes running around in the grass behind them.she also will take the flowers u pick.she will follow u and play her flute in battle for u.the song she plays gives some kind of a boost cant remember what.dont know about the cape though.
ps.when u give her the broken flute she gives u a quest to get her a new one.

Guardian_Angel_MP
26-06-2006, 05:57
That's in pre-seared, but you can actually get the broken flute and the tattered cap in seared ascalon....where there seems to be no apparent use for them.

pax stormcrow
26-06-2006, 05:57
Gwen is beyond the door that Rotscale is guarding in Majesty's Rest and If I remember correctly The cape Falls outside of LA in the swamp by a necro scale boss

moenbase
27-06-2006, 13:39
I still have a cape and that Tapestry thing you get when u finished her things in Pre :]
Since they are no longer in game perhaps I can sell em now for 1000k :p

Seyfert
04-07-2006, 07:41
yeah im holding on to a flute and tapestry too but if they do have any use at any point im betting itll be for some special event involving the return of psycho gwen

moenbase
07-07-2006, 13:35
I saw the fluit Yesterday in Post Searing, so that's still there.
Im not sure about the Cape though, which should be near Sanctum or Fisherman's Haven. Haven't seen it last time I traveled there.

Yakuza Djinn
11-07-2006, 20:16
not to mention the dwarf's pet

And the pet's PET

and the PET's Pet PET!!

And The PET's PET PET PET's Minions!!!

Tsedne
15-07-2006, 15:27
I don't know if anyone mentioned this, but did anyone notice that when you give Gwen a new flute, she'll play a song for you?
It was a long time ago when I heard it.
I had to turn down the in-game music volume to hear it.

Is it a song from some BG music in GW?
Think it has meaning? Or maybe it's just a little something to entertain?

EDIT: I see gslack mentioned it in page 11.
I don't remember it giving a boost of any type.

Almas Darksoul
16-07-2006, 01:40
One thing that I've noticed is people questioning whether Gwen is alive. At the time of the Searing, Gwen was playing outside with the flowers and butterflies (we see in a cinematic) - The big meteor things were all aimed at the city, where her mother etc. would be at the time.

I personally have never heard of the dead flower discussed many pages earlier, but I do have multiple copies of the cape/tattered cape/flute. I haven't seen the tapestry in any times i've been through stingray strand recently (I remember that I -always- used to find it by accident), although I haven't combed the area either. It is odd that they would delete it, though, unless it has no purpose.

Cavalero
30-07-2006, 19:58
Here's a new "lead" for you all. If you go to Panjiang Peninsula around the farm area you can find a "Canthan child" who looks a little like Gwen. If you click on her you get a comment "They say Qi falls have become haunted by some sort of spirit"

I'll let you follow up yourselves rather than spoiling the fun with more info...

IvIoyner
30-07-2006, 20:22
They use the retextured model of gwen for children. Also the ritualist trainer is at qi falls? There's a quest where you remove the ghosts. How exactly is that a clue?

fullmetalpanic
01-08-2006, 00:37
yeah im holding on to a flute and tapestry too but if they do have any use at any point im betting itll be for some special event involving the return of psycho gwen

I have been holding on to these things forever! I don't think we'll every see anything come of them. It would be nice for them to tie up this one loose end don't ya think!?

psycho gwen would be an awesome opponent though! She could kick our ***** with the flowers we had to bring her in pre searing!:grin:

Azure Eyes
01-08-2006, 03:59
I dont know if she could be all that powerful. Im not sure about the exact age but seems like she'd only be a teenager (and everyone knows they suck :grin: ).

assuming shes like 9 in presear then its +2 to get to post then probably +1 to get to LA then probably 3 more years to finish till ring of fire.

so that would put her at 15.
also seems like the cantha events would take like a little less than a year since they never do the harvest ceremony in the story line.

So 16 years old? This of course is a guess from the department of pulling numbers out of your butt. But seems likely.

Val Roize Lionheart
01-08-2006, 05:49
And the pet's PET

and the PET's Pet PET!!

And The PET's PET PET PET's Minions!!!

You forgot about the minion's pet !!

and the minion's pet's pet...

and the pet's pet minion's pet's pet.. pet...

Endamir
01-08-2006, 11:02
I dont know if she could be all that powerful. Im not sure about the exact age but seems like she'd only be a teenager (and everyone knows they suck :grin: ).

Well on the last day of Prophecies beta tests there were random spawns (in towns, outposts, areas, Guild Halls) of MULTIPLE GWENS which then were nuking the whole place till there were no survivors, so you should be careful what you say or Gwen will hear you and burn your GH down :grin:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSgVql5OV88

fullmetalpanic
01-08-2006, 18:02
Holy cow I guess she really was psycho! We should watch what we say in the future:wink:

Cavalero
02-08-2006, 07:27
They use the retextured model of gwen for children. Also the ritualist trainer is at qi falls? There's a quest where you remove the ghosts. How exactly is that a clue?

Er you need to look around a bit.

Azure Eyes
02-08-2006, 07:48
I still dont see anything at the falls. How about some hint as to what we are looking for?