~Life Siphon/Life Transfer {Elite}
~Mark of Subversion
~Well of Blood/Well of Power {Elite}
~Consume Corpse/Soul Feast
~Animate Bone Minions
~Charm Animal
~Comfort Animal
~Disrupting Lunge

Some life steal, minions, and a pet. Couple of interrupt skills in there too. Lemme know if there are any necro "must haves" that I missed.

quillion
03-06-2005, 04:21
Can anyone help me... I am new to guild wars in general so any help is really appreciated.

Also, people talk about this pre/post-searing and I get that it is a point where you can't go back and all, but does it come early in the game or later. Because I only have like 10 necro skills and like 3 ranger skills and am at level 5 and I wanted to know how long before I hit that point and if there are more skills I need to get before I reach that point.

James Page
03-06-2005, 16:29
Pre-sear/post-sear is a story thing, and you can probably go to post-sear now if you wanted to. After you go to post-sear you can't go back - but you won't be missing much. I think the only skills you *need* to get in pre-searing are the basic ones - vampiric gaze/whatever you got at the same time and Charm/comfort animal. I'm pretty sure everything else is available later on.

As for your skillset - it doesn't have anything too flashy other than Life transfer (which is actually better when you've got life siphon on as well.)

You've also got a lot of spells that use up corpses - I think 3 is a bit too many. Soul Feast isn't the greatest choice - your HP shouldn't be a problem with Life Transfer, and even if it is, Soul Feast is only going to be useful when you're either winning already anyway or when you're losing and the HP probably won't make any difference.

quillion
04-06-2005, 00:14
i got the inital two skills, two or three from the chick in the catacombs, and two from the guy in the catacombs. then i got the beast skills and ungent from the rangers in regent valley. is there anything else i need to get before i move on? i am level 5 at the moment and i don't want to miss out on any skills. also, how far should i explore before moving on?

and thanks for the skill tips. i will rework my strat.

ScruffyhawkIII
04-06-2005, 04:23
get to level 6, preferably 7. it will make your start easier in post searing

Jijimuge
04-06-2005, 10:47
***SPOILER***

Well, there's the marksmanship trainer at the top of King's Watch....but that may not be so useful given your orientation.

More useful, maybe, would be Aiden the Wilderness Survival Trainer who is, I think, just east of the small fisihing village in Wizards Folly. To get a quest to highlight him, get the quest from Chantelle the Troubador in Ashford (I think that's correct - the village where Devona is anyhow) to take him a hunting horn.

Edit : Forgot...there's also a necromancer trainer for blood magic in Green Hills County, not far from the entrance from the area just outside Ascalon City gates.

quillion
04-06-2005, 15:29
http://www.guildwarsguru.com/content/pre-searing-ascalon-id1264.php

These are the skills I have from the site above:

Necromancer Skills

* Vampiric Gaze*
* Deathly Swarm=
* Animate Bone Horror
* Life Siphon
* Vampiric Touch
* Blood Renewal
* Soul Barbs
* Faintheartedness

Ranger Skills

* Troll Unguent
* Charm Animal
* Comfort Animal

Since I am doing beast skills all the other ranger skills available pre-searing seem useless. As far as attribute points I have 4 blood, 2 death, 1 beast at the moment with a few points left over. How's that sound?

Kavorka
06-06-2005, 09:53
James is right. You shouldn't bother with consume corpse or soul feast especially if you are planning to use well of blood/power. Wells would be much better for healing since they also heal members of your party. When combined with life siphon wells will provide a long period of 7-8 life regen at high levels of blood magic. You'll also find that corpses are rare in certain areas so save corpses for the most efficient skills.

Cutter
06-06-2005, 10:15
Well I am gonna make a N/R and I was wondering if this skill set looked good:

~Life Siphon/Life Transfer {Elite}
~Mark of Subversion
~Well of Blood/Well of Power {Elite}
~Consume Corpse/Soul Feast
~Animate Bone Minions
~Charm Animal
~Comfort Animal
~Disrupting Lunge

Some life steal, minions, and a pet. Couple of interrupt skills in there too. Lemme know if there are any necro "must haves" that I missed.You can't have more then one Elite equipped at the same time.

The Catfish
06-06-2005, 19:26
You can't have more then one Elite equipped at the same time.

I think he means that he's either using Life Siphon/Well of Power or Life Transfer/Well of Blood.

freeourzebra
07-06-2005, 01:22
http://www.guildwarsguru.com/content/pre-searing-ascalon-id1264.php

These are the skills I have from the site above:

Necromancer Skills

* Vampiric Gaze*
* Deathly Swarm=
* Animate Bone Horror
* Life Siphon
* Vampiric Touch
* Blood Renewal
* Soul Barbs
* Faintheartedness

Ranger Skills

* Troll Unguent
* Charm Animal
* Comfort Animal

Since I am doing beast skills all the other ranger skills available pre-searing seem useless. As far as attribute points I have 4 blood, 2 death, 1 beast at the moment with a few points left over. How's that sound?

well i am a N/R lvl 19 and i have decided that the ranger doesn't do very much damage and they die easy. so i use
*Shadow Strike
*Barbed Signet
*Vampire Gaze
*Touch of Agony
*Vampire Touch
*Well of Blood
*Troll urgent
*Offering of Blood {elite}
this only uses one ranger skill but it works great
i use this and an never die
use skills 1-5 in order then use the other 3 when needed and you should do just fine

quillion
09-06-2005, 03:05
what was your skill points breakdown?

freeourzebra
09-06-2005, 18:26
what was your skill points breakdown?

i have

Blood:14
Wilderness Survival:12
and the extra on soul reaping