PDA

View Full Version : Guild data feed. Comments?

uzor
02-06-2005, 00:29
I posted this in the suggestions thread for the devs to see, but I wanted some community feedback as well.

I would like to see some type of data feed that can be pulled from the server for player/guild information. Here's what I mean: In my guild, when I want to group with others, I have to ask every time if anyone on is the appropriate level, what their classes are, etc. We have discussed creating a board or spreadsheet or something to go on our website that has all of the guild members listed, their professions, level, farthest map point opened, etc. so that we could all know at a glance, where everyone is, and who would be the best people for us to group with. We'd also like to be able to post our guild's win/loss, rank, etc. information, without having to poll the game manually for every player each time things change.

Basically some type of RSS feed or something that you could ping for user stats when outside the game.

What do you all think?

Feau Twenni
02-06-2005, 00:38
I posted this in the suggestions thread for the devs to see, but I wanted some community feedback as well.

I would like to see some type of data feed that can be pulled from the server for player/guild information. Here's what I mean: In my guild, when I want to group with others, I have to ask every time if anyone on is the appropriate level, what their classes are, etc. We have discussed creating a board or spreadsheet or something to go on our website that has all of the guild members listed, their professions, level, farthest map point opened, etc. so that we could all know at a glance, where everyone is, and who would be the best people for us to group with. We'd also like to be able to post our guild's win/loss, rank, etc. information, without having to poll the game manually for every player each time things change.

Basically some type of RSS feed or something that you could ping for user stats when outside the game.

What do you all think?

good idea i concur

Efflixi
02-06-2005, 01:11
So basicly a lot more detail in the guild stuff. Ya we do need that stuff, I always have to ask the members how far they are and stuff and I would uch rather have a little chart.

I also hate the tiny limit on guild messages, I can never post all the stuff I need to say.

uzor
02-06-2005, 01:38
So basicly a lot more detail in the guild stuff. Ya we do need that stuff, I always have to ask the members how far they are and stuff and I would uch rather have a little chart.

I also hate the tiny limit on guild messages, I can never post all the stuff I need to say.

Yeah, but I was more specifically referring to availing that info out of game. To be able to post as a leaderboard of sorts on our website. Though now that you mention it, we could use that info ingame as well (/smack's head).

Oranges
02-06-2005, 01:56
I'm for it. I would love to just plug in the xml feed and have it right there.

uzor
02-06-2005, 19:33
Not sure if people ever read past page 1 here bump.
(apologies if this is frowned upon)

Ydnardo Tisda
08-06-2005, 10:54
I know in WOW guilds could parse the info they wanted, though I'm am not technically inclined enough to know how to go about doing that.

At least we should be able to have player notes in the guild list to add basic info and not put a major cap on text length....anywhere!