PDA

View Full Version : Arcane Echo or Echo?

Vladuz Playmate
02-06-2005, 17:08
Can anyone tell me what the difference between Arcane echo and Echo?
I curently have arcane echo and from what I've seen, its the same. AFAIK echo is an elite, so, is it worth wasting the elite slot for it?

Phaeax
02-06-2005, 17:31
Arcane Echo can only give you a second copy of a spell, but Echo can give you a second copy of a skill. Not all skills are spells, but anything in your skill bar (appropriately named) is a skill.

Zijian
02-06-2005, 17:31
They aren't the same.

Arcane Echo can duplicate only spells.

Echo can duplicate anything, including stances and stuff.

Jijimuge
02-06-2005, 19:02
Also, Echo can duplicate far more cheaply and quickly than Arcane Echo

Echo has a casting cost of 5 and takes 1 second to cast.

Arcane Echo has a casting cost of 15 and takes 2 seconds to cast as well as being limited to only duplicating spells.

Gwyndion
02-06-2005, 19:06
But Echo is an elite skill, arcane echo isn't, so with arcane echo, you can copy elite spells, with Echo you can't...

phatdawg
02-06-2005, 19:09
But Echo is an elite skill, arcane echo isn't, so with arcane echo, you can copy elite spells, with Echo you can't...

Wrong.

Arcane mimicry then Echo. you can copy elite spells/skills then.

Gwyndion
02-06-2005, 20:26
Wrong.

Arcane mimicry then Echo. you can copy elite spells/skills then.

Errr, can that work? I thought you could only have 1 elite skill on your bar, so I'd think that stealing when yopu already have an elite skill wouldn't work, cant be sure since I dont have any elite skills yet

Vladuz Playmate
02-06-2005, 22:31
Well, just think about it. I saw at least 2 situations when I had my default elite skill + some other elite skill, either from a signet of capture or from a hex spell replacing thingo. Anyway, my question, is the echo worth the skill slot? Or should I stick with arcane echo?

Gwyndion
02-06-2005, 23:16
That all depends on your other class...

Nobleman Azure
03-06-2005, 05:27
you can have two elites, either by arcane mimicry, arcane echo or being lucky with arcane thievery. Plus the instance of a Cap Sig

Lord Gargoyle
03-06-2005, 16:30
you can have two elites, either by arcane mimicry, arcane echo or being lucky with arcane thievery. Plus the instance of a Cap Sig

captureing an elite replaces current equiped elite. so you have only one. i tried it. ;)

Feynt
03-06-2005, 23:18
Not during a mission. I've had two elites at once a few times. As soon as the mission's over, all bets are off, but until then it's all good. Someone had suggested in another thread a pair of mesmers working in tandem with Echo and Arcane Mimicry to triple cast a spell (like, say, Chain Lightning. Arcane Mimicry, Arcane Echo, Chain Lightning, Echo, Chain Lightning, Echo, Chain Lightning). Think of the damage, twice over since you've possibly got a twin mesmer.

Saikyo
03-06-2005, 23:35
Not during a mission. I've had two elites at once a few times. As soon as the mission's over, all bets are off, but until then it's all good. Someone had suggested in another thread a pair of mesmers working in tandem with Echo and Arcane Mimicry to triple cast a spell (like, say, Chain Lightning. Arcane Mimicry, Arcane Echo, Chain Lightning, Echo, Chain Lightning, Echo, Chain Lightning). Think of the damage, twice over since you've possibly got a twin mesmer.

That would be me who mentioned it, though I've never actually tested it or anything (none of my friends who play the game are mesmers). If you did it right you could get a lot of copies of the same spell. (The original, an echoed copy, an arcane echoed copy, and an arcane mimicry of an echo copy.) Though you would have to stagger it and know that the person you were mimickinig also had Echo as their elite skill. Plus if it was a spell with a high energy cost it would sap your energy supply like nothing else.

Though 4 chain lightnings would HURT!

(And then the other guy you were copying from could do it too.)

And then if you were REALLY lucky you could use arcane theivery and hope you get another echo/arcane echo.

Feynt
04-06-2005, 02:01
I'd be up for just spam casting Lightning Strike. It's cheap and effective, and with three or more copies you could cast one every second.