PDA

View Full Version : Equipping multiple Elite skills

relight
02-06-2005, 18:14
A few days ago I captured both Oath Shot and Barrage from Markis in the same game......to my surprise neither of the elite skills are removed........so I had 2 elite equipped at the same time!!!

Weziah
02-06-2005, 18:23
Gratz, you're the man !!!

Lydia Ashengard
02-06-2005, 18:25
Yes, until you returned to town and realised the game would automatically remove the later elite skill from your skillbar (i.e. if skillbar#5 and #6 both contain elite skills, #6 would be automatically removed)

Vyper
02-06-2005, 18:25
I didn't think you could have 2 signets of capture bought at the same time, let alone have 2 in your skill bar at the same time.
Unless you mean you already had one elite skill and you captured the other.

Lydia Ashengard
02-06-2005, 18:27
It is certainly possible. Just buy 2 Signets of Capture and put them in your skillbar.

relight
02-06-2005, 18:31
Yes, until you returned to town and realised the game would automatically remove the later elite skill from your skillbar (i.e. if skillbar#5 and #6 both contain elite skills, #6 would be automatically removed)

I dont remember clearly but if memory serves right, I still had both skills equipped when I went back to town

I hope someone can verify this because my character is a summoner N/R and I removed both skills from my bar after reading the description.

At that time I didnt even know you can only equip 1 elite skill lol.

jlowry
02-06-2005, 18:36
Last night I equipped two SoC's on my skill bar when heading into Dragon's Lair. I was able to capture the elite skill from both profession bosses (Mo/Me, so I got Shield of Regeration and Mantra of Restoration) and use them throughout the rest of the mission....and the bonus. When I got back to town, the first elite skill I captured was removed so that only one was equipped (the later capture).

Just FYI, you can capture many elites at once by equiping many SoC's. You can also capture elites with SoC's and an elite skill already equiped. In either case, excess elites will be removed for you when you enter town.

Necro Idol
03-06-2005, 03:28
Aye, the above is true. I equipped Shield of Regeneration on a trip to capture Well of Power. I did manage to capture Well of Power and had the use of BOTH Sheild of Regeneration and Well of Power for the rest of the mission. But, just as described above... once I returned to town... alas... one of my skill bar slots was empty. Irrevocable evidence that only one elite skill can be equipped at any time UNLESS you have recently captured an elite while having one already equipped.

Bummer... I know Anet does this in order to maintain game balance. But geesh... having more than one elite skill available at my clicking call would certainly be nice. :happy34: