PDA

View Full Version : Dragon's Lair: Defeating Glint

Caelib
03-06-2005, 20:03
I know it's possible and I've only tried a few times ... anyone care to elaborate on some winning strategies for fighting Glint? Probably going to go in with four henchies (healer & protector).

Discuss!

Celois
04-06-2005, 05:11
I've defeated Glint a week ago or so.. It was terribly disapointing as we got NOTHING but its possible.

I forgot what our party was but here are some tips:

- You NEED interupts and skill delayers. Mesmers can be good here, Diversion is almost a must vs Crystal Hibernation and Crystal Haze. You NEED to interupt these or your die, I managed to Diverse these so we could kill her without worrying about it owning us.

- Blind is SUPERBLY awesome here. We had 2 rangers and some one with blinding flash. Between us we managed to keep Glint blinded almost always long enough that she couldn't touch us too well.

- Any kind of evasion/block skills like Aegis, Ward against melee, etc are very useful

- If the heat is getting too much, try to get someone to pickup the egg as she'll usualy go for the person with the egg first if she can.

- Don't use henchies, they just aren't worth it here.

sensesfail
04-06-2005, 08:08
im curious, what does she say after you beat her? lol

dirtycash
04-06-2005, 08:42
im curious, what does she say after you beat her? lol

"Did you think my story ended here, with me laying dead on my own floor?" "Away with you .... etc"

Just a guess..... :surprise: :happy34:

this_barb
04-06-2005, 09:18
Beating the hardest enemy in the game isn't enough of a reward to you? -_-

Herthbul
04-06-2005, 16:15
She automatically targets the person holding the dragon egg. So when my group defeated her I was pretty much the tank. Being a W/E, I could bump my AL high via Armor of Earth and "Watch Yourself!", and she still does around 80 damage a shot then. I held the egg and had the Monks heal me while the rest of the team damaged her. Basically watching what skills she uses it critical. The spell that basically gives bad backlash against Warriors attacking her, and the spell that says all elemental damage heals her, those are critical to watch for.

Caelib
06-06-2005, 17:23
Thanks for the tips everyone! Me and a couple of friends are gonna give it another go this week :)

Tapewormz
06-06-2005, 18:16
I beat Glint with just henchmen. Pretty cool.

Link to thread (http://forums.gwonline.net/showthread.php?t=349717)