PDA

View Full Version : Essence or Baltahzars Spirit?

Aramon
03-06-2005, 21:04
Ok I have a smite monk that is basically a PBAoE bomber for PvE. Since I have people attacking me I usually put Balthazarís spirit on me but just before I fell asleep last night I realize that it may not be the best option. Essence Bond gives me 1 point of energy for each physical hit. I however don't know how much energy I get from BS. I expect it to be less since it also adds to adrenaline. Anyone have some hard numbers?

NEUROSHOCKED
03-06-2005, 23:36
Ok I have a smite monk that is basically a PBAoE bomber for PvE. Since I have people attacking me I usually put Balthazarís spirit on me but just before I fell asleep last night I realize that it may not be the best option. Essence Bond gives me 1 point of energy for each physical hit. I however don't know how much energy I get from BS. I expect it to be less since it also adds to adrenaline. Anyone have some hard numbers?

I don't know any hard numbers for Balthazar's Spirit but I'd like it better than Essence bond, just because you will be getting Energy everytime you get hits :happy14: . Unlike Essence Bong which you need physical hits to gain Energy.

Feynt
04-06-2005, 03:47
Essense Bond and Balthazar's Spirit both give the same amount of energy. You just get adrenaline from Balthazar's Spirit (and I believe it costs more to cast). If you use adrenaline, bonus. If you don't, don't sweat it. A M/W could benefit from the adrenaline, even in your build, by running Bonetti's Defense. You'll always get energy back when you're attacked, and when Bonetti's Defense is down it won't be long before you can use it again for defense.

"Essence Bong" Classic typo. ^.^

hireath
04-06-2005, 14:17
balthazar's spirit - target ally gains 1 energy (and adrenaline) every time they take damage.

essence bond - target ally gives you 1 energy every time they take physical damage.

you really dont need these, because unless you are solo, you will actually not take enough hits to make it worthwhile and will lose with the energy degen.

if you are solo, you need energy and you are the only target... so why not cast them both while solo. yes it works, yes you have sh*t loads of energy.