PDA

View Full Version : The Interupter

ORomero
04-06-2005, 01:02
I have been thinking about making a interupter/anti-caster build and needed some advice as to what to chose as my primary. The 2 I was thinking to chose from were the W/Me or the El/Me.

The advantages of choosing the warrior as primary would have more armor and health. I do not see any skills that warrior may be useful in my builds. Unless somehow I incorperate a stance.

On the other side, the Elementalist as primary would have more in my opion. First off I would have access to much more mana and the all important BLIND!
But alot less armor and health im sure.

Any advice?

ORomero
04-06-2005, 04:05
Bump......

The Rei
05-06-2005, 01:13
well first of all, you have to remember.
Warriors may have the thickest armor, yet energy will be a vital quality for a interrupter. In my opinion, i say mesmers make the best interruptors, along with rangers. I have used both in tombs and both work well in doing their job. The thing is,
Mesmers:
have high cost energy interrupts with a long recharge time. It may have more interruption spells than rangers but it sure comes with a redundant amount of energy cost.
My personal favorite is,
Rangers:
the dazed option for concussion shot is just too hard to ignore, along with the energy reducing attribute: Expertise, (each point on it lessens 4% of energy).
In conclusion,
I would advise you to make a ranger, but if you realli want an elementalist or Warrior primary, id suggest you to go with the elemantalist.
The huge amount of energy pool will be very beneficial to the build.

REI ONRYOU
05-06-2005, 01:35
well first of all, you have to remember.
Warriors may have the thickest armor, yet energy will be a vital quality for a interrupter. In my opinion, i say mesmers make the best interruptors, along with rangers. I have used both in tombs and both work well in doing their job. The thing is,
Mesmers:
have high cost energy interrupts with a long recharge time. It may have more interruption spells than rangers but it sure comes with a redundant amount of energy cost.
My personal favorite is,
Rangers:
the dazed option for concussion shot is just too hard to ignore, along with the energy reducing attribute: Expertise, (each point on it lessens 4% of energy).
In conclusion,
I would advise you to make a ranger, but if you realli want an elementalist or Warrior primary, id suggest you to go with the elemantalist.
The huge amount of energy pool will be very beneficial to the build.

Expertise doesn't affect spells and not every skills. The description states:

Expertise: For each rank of Expertise the energy cost of your skills of types "skill", "attack skill", "glyph", "preparations", "nature ritual", "shout", "stance" and "trap" decreases by 4%.

So it may not work for all interrupt skills available.

BTW, I like the name, The Rei. ;)

ORomero
05-06-2005, 02:18
I am going to go with the Ele/Mes in this situation. Having the huge mana pool and blind is much more appealing. As far as what attributes to dump points into, between Illusion Magic and Inspiration Magic which should I do? Mind you that this is stricly for interupting so...

Saikyo
05-06-2005, 06:21
I am going to go with the Ele/Mes in this situation. Having the huge mana pool and blind is much more appealing. As far as what attributes to dump points into, between Illusion Magic and Inspiration Magic which should I do? Mind you that this is stricly for interupting so...

Really, domination magic is WAY better for interrupts. I'm not even sure if you have any interrupts available in the illusion branch. (Well okay, clumsiness is an interrupt among a few other things.) If you do want interrupts, then domination magic points will help you more than the other two branches. Between illusion and inspiration, I find that inspiration is better for interrupts, and is probably going to be better for supporting your high energy elementalist spells too. (Power Drain is NIIIIIIICE for both of those issues.)

ORomero
05-06-2005, 09:01
I was planning on using domination but did not know between the other 2 as to what to use. What's a basic lineup of the skills a mesmer is using for interupting in pvp?

Hooshang
05-06-2005, 09:25
I was planning on using domination but did not know between the other 2 as to what to use. What's a basic lineup of the skills a mesmer is using for interupting in pvp?

backfire, power leak, power spike are some interrupt skills that are used.