PDA

View Full Version : Probably a dumb question but here it is.

Drunken Shark
04-06-2005, 04:33
Ok, I've tried out a lot of builds but i was wondering what you guys think would be the best for solo Pvp playing....not really solo but just using henchies...what would be the best to be able to **** **** up without worriing about finding partys....attributes and proffs would be apprecitated.

Feynt
04-06-2005, 04:41
"Solo" PvP? I doubt you could. Any four player group would smoke you, exploiting the inherient lack of intelligence in all the AIs first, and then playing with you for a few minutes. That's assuming you can even do PvP with henchies. I've never bothered looking for henchies.

For solo PvM there's any number of possibilities. W/Mo's can last a long time in combat, Mo/(anything) for mass area smiting builds, N/Me's can usually drain anything to death and stay alive for a surprisingly long time, the list can go on for a while. Basically if you're smart, and play smart, you can play anything solo.

Drunken Shark
04-06-2005, 04:43
yeah, where i said pvp i mean pvm....:) i'm well aware that i'd get pillaged solo on pvp heh....so what would go good with a smiting monk?

PluG
04-06-2005, 05:18
Class: Monk / x

Assumed items:
+1 to Divine Favor
+2 to Healing Prayers
+1 to Protection Prayers
+1 to Smiting Prayers

Attributes:
Divine Favor: 6+1
Healing Prayers: 10+2
Protection Prayers: 6+1
Smiting Prayers: 12+1

Skills:
1) Balthazar's Aura - (25,1,15) For 10 seconds, foes adjacent to target ally take 23 holy damage each second.
2) Symbol of Wrath - (5,2,30) For 5 seconds, foes in this location take 29 holy damage each second.
3) Orison of Healing - (5,1,2) Heal target ally for 50 health.
4) Reversal of Fortune - (5,1/4,2) The next time target ally would take damage, that ally gains that amount of health instead, maximum 45.
5) Divine Boon - (5+,1/4,0) While you maintain this enchantment, whenever you cast a Monk spell on an ally, that ally is healed for 55 health, and you lose 2 energy.
6) Balthazar's Spirit - (10+,2,0) While you maintain this enchantment, target ally gains adrenaline and energy after taking damage.
7) Shielding Hands - (5,3/4,25) For 10 seconds, damage received by target ally is reduced by 10.
8) Zealot's Fire - (10,1,30) For 60 seconds, whenever you use a skill on an ally, all foes adjacent to your target are struck for 40 fire damage.

You can switch shielding hands for healing hands if you have that.

Cast balthazar's spirit and divine boon at the start, before you engage mobs. Then, when the mobs are coming to you, cast zealots fire, shielding hands (or healing hands), balthazar's aura, symbol of wrath. Then heal yourself with orison and reversal of fortune and everything is dead.

This build is most effective agaisnt melee guys, ive been able to kill a group of 12 white mantle justicars at once with it.

BTW: I got this build from this post (http://forums.gwonline.net/showthread.php?t=347441&page=2&pp=10)

Drunken Shark
04-06-2005, 17:00
thanks a bunch dude...that was just the reply i was looking for :) :worship:

Gessfk
09-06-2005, 06:27
also note, that you won't be able to kill justicars anymore with this :( this patch screwed it

voidphoenix
27-07-2005, 08:22
Using henchies, any class combination will do. It's a matter of learning how to work with the AI both of your henchies and that of the monsters.

The smite Monk solo build is most effective against melee but as soon as you hit any monster that can debuff you you have problems. It's also not very good for non-melee mobs.

LiQuID StEeL
27-07-2005, 17:44
Mo/W

14 in Protection (with a sup rune)
15 in smite (with a sup rune and zealot? scalp)
9 in healing (with a sup rune)
others can go into tactics or divine favor

Bonetti's Defense - to recharge mana when surrounded and taking only melee damage
Balthazar's Aura - 25dmg/sec for 10 seconds
Symbol of Wrath - 32dmg/sec for 5 sec
Healing Breeze - self explainatory
Protective bond - all damage is reduced to 5% of health, and takes 2 energy away each time
Essence Bond - recharge mana when hit
Balthazar's Spirit - helps finish off the net mana loss of bond
Mending - 3 pips of health regen

total of 5 superior runes, and you will be more or less invincible as long as you aren't being casted on.