PDA

View Full Version : PvP Mo/Me

BlindedJustice
04-06-2005, 08:27
My current build as a pure healer is:
12 Healing
11+1 Favor
26 points left over for random things.

Using Word of Healing, Signet of Devotion, Heal Other, Orison of Healing, Heal Party, Vengeance and a mish mash of other spells kind of worked, but I ran into a rather unique problem where I was managing energy well enough but was having trouble shaking off pursuit. Going Mo/E sort of helped, since I would wait for them to come, cast Whirlwind and then use Windborne Speed to run away... but that seemed like a waste of energy I could probably be using elsewhere for more suitable purposes, and if I wasn't the one being attacked it was absolutely useless. So I'm back to Mo/Me.

My question is what skills I should use in PvP. There're a lot of options, but I figured I should ask around to see if anyone has some suggestions based on experience and all. I know a lot of people tend to go Me secondary for energy draining, but how about if you can last a relatively long time through the usage of the Signet of Devotion? Coupled with Orison, Word of Healing and maybe Healing Touch, I find that I can generally keep myself alive as well as others and maintain a comfortable energy buffer.

I've been looking around on the forums and I've seen spells like Sympathetic Visage, Leech Signet, Hex Breaker, Empathy and the likes being thrown around. What I want to be, though, is an effective healer that can throw off other healers. I feel like I've gotten the first part down, but I do end up with three skill slots that I can use on other things. I really like Sympathetic Visage because it tends to ruin warrior mobs if I cast it upon myself or another caster being mobbed... plus it only costs 10 SP. Given that I'm not the most experienced of Me users (dedicated healers through PvE tend to only be knowledgeable about monk skills ^^U), I was hoping to find out if anyone knows if the Visage is really capable of what it looks like it can do on paper. Or if not, there is another way of shaking off warriors. Empathy, unfortunately, does not cut it, as they simply attack regardless, hoping to drag me down while getting healed. Hey, taking down an enemy monk's life is much more worth it than losing one warrior, right?

The other two slots I'd like to use on deflecting/taking down casters... especially healers. Devotion lets me get out from a lot of Mesmer hexes, so it's not as big of an issue, but I'd still like to be able to prevent myself from being bogged down with 5 hexes. Hex Breaker sounds interesting, but I'm not sure if it's fast enough. Again, I'd like to get some input on this.

The last slot I'm looking at is Diversion... since even an unupgraded Diversion can really mess up a healer. Mark of Subversion and Scourge Healing are both options, as well. Again, I'd like to hear any suggestions about this. Skills such as Leech Signet are out of the picture, as a 45 second reload time is simply far too slow for PvP (IMO).

Thanks.

Seductive
04-06-2005, 08:30
spam distortion + balthazars spirt + run around in circles yelling "go korea" = fun

Torm Shadowbane
04-06-2005, 12:03
Yes, Sympathetic Visage works as it sounds on paper... and it is remarkably evil to use against Warriors. It is also an Enchantment placed on an ally NOT a Hex to be placed on them. Most groups bring Hex Removal but you'd be shocked at the number who don't bring enchantment removal as well. (Well... a lot of Mesmers do, but that's about it.) You'd also have the benefit of those ignorant of the Mesmer Profession. Many still do not know that Mesmers can be just as effective (if not more so) against Warriors as Casters. Some might not catch on what is happening until it is too late.

Scourge Healing is also rather evil to throw onto the main target who is getting pounded. Every time the Healers go to save him or her they take damage.

Taylor Polynomial
04-06-2005, 17:47
Mesmer definately has a lot of interesting skills to bring to the table of the monk.

Personally, when I'm playing my monk, I tend to focus entirely on healing, so I don't attack any targets. (This is especially true when I'm using Peace and Harmony!!!!). I still typically take Mesmer as my secondary, for things like hexbreaker. Hexbreaker is great because it lasts a long time with minimal points, and also importantly, it's a stance. That means it can't be stripped off ya unless a warrior uses one of those crazy stance-stopping things.

Another spell I'm quite fond of is Channeling. There are times in King of the Hill when I gain mana for casting healing spells. Sounds like a good deal to me.

Physical Resistance is useful, and a stance, but you have to be careful with it.

Of course, any time you can get free mana is a good time. For that, things like Ether Lord and energy tap can be quite nice. (Again, make sure P&H isn't in your build if you want to use these).

Distortion saves lives, but the mana cost can be messy.

Manta vs. your favorite element can be nice too, of course, but those are too specialized for every-round use, if you ask me.

Aegis Dfx
04-06-2005, 19:55
I run

16 healing
12 divine
6 inspiration

Seed
orison
word of healing
sig of devotion
healing touch
mend ailment
inspire hex
Dwaynas

And i seem to do well imo....win hoh alot and inspire hex still removes a hex and gives me mana back.