PDA

View Full Version : Illusion warrior advice..

Miss Schizo
04-06-2005, 19:10
Well as the title states I need a lil bit of advice. I guess since the Illusionary weaponry skill can't be had until much later, I'm going to have to go with mainly mesmer skills to lvl up. I'm me/wa, so I have no armor and such. Me charging into battle with my sword and empathy looks funny and provides some comic relief for everyone else, but I get a great look at the dirt most of the time. So, if someone could give me advice on how to get past the weakling stages of superwarrior growth, I would appreciate it very much. Thx in advance.

Rizzy
04-06-2005, 20:07
Have Distortion always, its your only defense, and as for eather feast.. forget it. unless you chose the Illusion/Inspiration way.. then it helps if you're illusion/domination then use sprint as a means of escaping to the nearest monk for a heal.

For swordsmanship..

Severe Arter + Conjure Phantasm are good to cause HP degen.

For extra damage use Pure strike.

Our class is built like a rogue, we run deep inside the enemies base to take out their support.

But I did manage to tank and kill off 2 warriors.

Jijimuge
05-06-2005, 04:05
And once you get Bonnettis Defence, alternate that with distortion to both defend yourself and give your energy a chance to recover.

Tsume
05-06-2005, 10:52
Well there are two main ways to play the guy really.

1. Go pure mesmer until you get IW.

2. Use your chosen weapon skill along with one or two branches to aid you. I like Swordsmanship and illusion/inspiraiton myself. Though Domination gives you Empathy and Shatter Enchantment, without which you stand no chance against a lot of Warriors.

Honestly I would just go pure mesmer. Ilusionary Weaponrists dont need, (and shoudlnt use) a weapon attribute line IMO. You have IW up so often that you never gain enough adrenaline in the downtime to use any skills.

Rizzy
05-06-2005, 14:41
Well there are two main ways to play the guy really.

1. Go pure mesmer until you get IW.

2. Use your chosen weapon skill along with one or two branches to aid you. I like Swordsmanship and illusion/inspiraiton myself. Though Domination gives you Empathy and Shatter Enchantment, without which you stand no chance against a lot of Warriors.

Honestly I would just go pure mesmer. Ilusionary Weaponrists dont need, (and shoudlnt use) a weapon attribute line IMO. You have IW up so often that you never gain enough adrenaline in the downtime to use any skills. EEp. I just got Illusionary weapon... and I have nothing in my swordsmanship

Rekiem
05-06-2005, 14:51
Illusion/Domination/Tactic.

Healing Signet to heal yourself.
Distortion to protect yourself against melee.
Imagined Burden to snare your target.
Conjure Phantasm for the damage.
Ressurection Signet to win.
Power Spike to interrupt.
Illusionary Weaponry for the damage
Backfire to stop the casters.

Rekiem
05-06-2005, 14:54
Illusion/Domination/Tactic.

Healing Signet to heal yourself.
Distortion to protect yourself against melee.
Imagined Burden to snare your target.
Conjure Phantasm for the damage.
Ressurection Signet to win.
Power Spike to interrupt.
Illusionary Weaponry for the damage
Backfire to stop the casters.

This gives you a good all around build that makes you versatile at taking down casters and warriors effectively. You can replace Power Spike by Flurry if you want more damage. With Healing Signet, you get a nice heal that let you recover some Health with no energy cost. Its good to get the pressure off the Monk.