PDA

View Full Version : RUNNING to droknar's from beacon's perch

Hari Iyer
04-06-2005, 20:18
It's possible, I've done it, basically, u just need a good tank with good defensive skills. If you want to get there at a really low level, add Geo Stigma to your friends list. He ran me there (from beacon's perch) in like 15 minutes. He'll take 5 people for like 2 plats.

Zecharias Of Zob
04-06-2005, 21:57
:D I'm in the same guild as Geo and yes we do run from beacon to droknars and we take random people with us for a cost and sometimes just for fun. The charge is 5k each person, half at the first portal the other half at camp rankor. If anyone is interested msg me Zecharias Of Zob or Geo Stigma, Thank you and have a nice day grab a fortune cookie on yer way out :howdy:

Elfshade
04-06-2005, 23:34
:D I'm in the same guild as Geo and yes we do run from beacon to droknars and we take random people with us for a cost and sometimes just for fun. The charge is 5k each person, half at the first portal the other half at camp rankor. If anyone is interested msg me Zecharias Of Zob or Geo Stigma, Thank you and have a nice day grab a fortune cookie on yer way out :howdy:

Well, having tried to make contact with said people I think I can safely say its a waste of time. At least for Europeans - once I got no answers and an "offline" message after asking to meet in the intl. district, once I was seemingly in the ignore list after merely asking politely.

Thats the spirit, thanks sooo much </irony>

Geo Stigma
05-06-2005, 00:15
Well, having tried to make contact with said people I think I can safely say its a waste of time. At least for Europeans - once I got no answers and an "offline" message after asking to meet in the intl. district, once I was seemingly in the ignore list after merely asking politely. Thats the spirit, thanks sooo much </irony>

Sorry about what happened. When you first PMed me, Zech and I were about to complete a run to Droknars; keep in mind it takes 20-30 minutes a run, which takes a lot of time. I wasn't in the mood for another run, so I closed my Guild Wars client.

Zech forgot to mention, that we need a full party (any levels) to take some of the damage. If you're still up for it, we're willing to run you there; just need to get people into the Internation Districts in Beacon's Perch.

serialkiller
05-06-2005, 05:18
:surprise:

You have competition!!!

I run people through Droknar's all the time for 15k(3k per with 5) trip 100% success rate and payment on arrival, i tell people expect Min's but sometimes the trip is far less depending on how the spawns are. I had some guy race me to droknar's and I essentially retired him from business after he saw my skills.

You can find me in beacon's perch dis 1.

Geo Stigma
05-06-2005, 08:47
:P. We've had a 100% success rate so far, at cheap prices :P. Price stands at 5k and if we don't get you there, you get your money back :). I only show up in Beacon's Perch only if I get a PM from someone requesting a run or a guildmate wants a run. So if you wanna race sometime, let's go!

this_barb
05-06-2005, 23:11
i need this for my ele, ill pay whoever asks for the lowest amount ^_^

rbmerc
06-06-2005, 01:34
what is droknars?

-slik rick

unixos
06-06-2005, 05:22
yea i pay also who ever can get me there IGN "X Sir Tank Alot X"

Zecharias Of Zob
06-06-2005, 06:13
Our AIM Screenames are R3nmazuo (mine) and Quad4ce <----- Geo , msg us if u cant reach us in the game :happy34:

Strife darkblade
06-06-2005, 08:42
Serialkiller what is your in game name? I want to get to forge and am willing to pay....
Thanks
Strife

thymonarch
08-06-2005, 06:19
requesting serial killer's ingame name :)

Strife darkblade
08-06-2005, 07:33

Thymonarch...

Go with Geo Stigma. He is worth the extra gold. Did it on the first try..... Zob and Geo are stand up guys who you can trust.

Feau Twenni
08-06-2005, 07:42

try Serial Killer, just a thought

Phonicsmonkey
09-06-2005, 08:55
geo did it for me in less than 30 minutes, im very happy with it, and i will definatly do it again.

and i did record most of it with fraps (- lonars) and it took 17 minutes for him to run from dreadnoughts to droknars

Geo Stigma
11-06-2005, 10:03
Again if you need a run, the best way to contact me is on AIM, as sometimes I leave Guild Wars running and won't be able to read messages; don't forget to leave your name.

Edit: Also, since people think we're scammers, we've changed our payment plan to payment upon arrival. We know that people will leave without paying, but thats the only way people will believe us.

Mo Baddass
11-06-2005, 11:35
How the hell are you guys running there? I barely made it to the mouth of lonar's before huge frost wurms sprung from the ground stopping me mid-sprint. They knock me down I try again...same thing X 4 and I'm dead. =\ How?

Lord Anthrax
11-06-2005, 12:04
Skills like Sprint and Balanced Stance will do it. Balanced prevents Knockdowns, so used at the right places you can zoom by Frost Wurms.

Geo Stigma
11-06-2005, 19:42
Just as Lord Anthrax said. You just have to know when to use the right skills.

ultimastrike
11-06-2005, 19:50
I usually fight people through Lornar's, rather than running. Sure, it takes about two hours but the noobs get huge gold and lots of rare items/skills. I don't generally ask for payment either, aside from all mesmer items collected on the trip :0)

Lornar's monsters are some of the most fun to fight as a mesmer, because they use such a diverse array of skills/strategies. Those worms aren't tough at all if you keep all of their mana drained and use protective spirit on your tank, by the way.

Coincidentally, has anyone ever tried using a pacifism/health degeneration combination on the worms? I've seen other skills that don't consider things like phantasm to be "damage" so it might be possible to simply sit there, draining wormy mana and health and kill it without taking a single hit.

Geo Stigma
14-06-2005, 07:41
You actually fight through Lornars by youself with low level characters? Thats impressive.

Punq
14-06-2005, 10:27
I ran about 3/4ths of the way with my Ranger back when he was weak and lvl 18, haha. Its not that hard to do, its all about spawns and timing.

Yea the Worms arnt hard at all anymore, me and a few guildies took Glint down in less then 5 mins, the worms arnt even a factor.

Ripp Conius
16-06-2005, 03:19
Geo ran me last night. Flawless and quick. I would recommend him anytime.

Elfshade
17-06-2005, 15:37
Sorry about what happened. When you first PMed me, Zech and I were about to complete a run to Droknars; keep in mind it takes 20-30 minutes a run, which takes a lot of time. I wasn't in the mood for another run, so I closed my Guild Wars client.

Zech forgot to mention, that we need a full party (any levels) to take some of the damage. If you're still up for it, we're willing to run you there; just need to get people into the Internation Districts in Beacon's Perch.

Thanks for the elaborate and friendly reply. Sorry if my reaction was a bit over the top, but I was frustrated that day already (with pickup group quitters) and then just getting "player is offline" messages - thats how it originated I guess.

For your kind offer, I have to reject it at the moment because my level 20 char ascended, so I reached Drognars (in fact, when I asked for the running I was almost ascended and level 20, I just got so fedup with about 20 times Thirsty River and failing that running sounded like the solution).

I might get back to the offer maybe later when I have a secondary char that struggles with the ascention quests :)

Thanks,
Elfshade

pale mamba
18-06-2005, 03:16
:P. We've had a 100% success rate so far, at cheap prices :P. Price stands at 5k and if we don't get you there, you get your money back :). I only show up in Beacon's Perch only if I get a PM from someone requesting a run or a guildmate wants a run. So if you wanna race sometime, let's go!

Expect an ingame msg from Pale Mamba, as I have wanted to go there for quiet some time now and I want to do it b4 AN makes the run harder. Now to get the 5k.....

.....grabs his farmin skills and runs out the door.....

Lutzy
18-06-2005, 03:42
To all the people that would pay to go there, just keep playing. Arenanet made that area that hard for a reason--You aren't supposed to get to the forge from beacon's perch

Also, to all the groups in beacon's perch who say, lvl x lfg for forge. Just give it up. Unless you have a warrior who has been to the forge before you will never ever ever make it. Not even with 6 level 20's with best preforge armor.

Oh, it's easy to fight your way through lornar's with a decent group. (Worms are pretty useless if they're blind) But you will never be able to fight your way through dreadnaught's. The only way to get through there is to run it, and I don't think you'd make it without balance stance/charge/as well as sprint.

To anyone who doesn't believe me about being able to fight your way through dreadnaught's, you've obviously never been there... I can handle underworld no problem, but dreadnaught's is just ridiculous. There must be 600 guys there, and it's not like you can have a tank pull them into nukers in small numbers, you just get swarmed...

Man, with so many enemies, that place would be an awesome place to farm if one could just find a way to kill all those guys... --Lutzy

Mythwyn
18-06-2005, 06:54
:happy14: Made two runs for my necro and my ele, in about an hour. Just amazing to watch the journey. If you think the money is'nt worth it then you've never had the horror oand time waste of running through and fighting.

He's in my friends list for my other characters, when there ready.

Thanks Zecharias Of Zob

Abyss X
18-06-2005, 07:32
its really not hard at all once you make the run once... my friend and i go from camp rankor to beacons perch all the time just hunting everything.even with henchies and a party member short, we still made it all the way. if you have a low lvl character wanting to go, just have some experienced lvl 20 guildies/friends take you or something

Wind Cast
18-06-2005, 11:57
Ive already got to dornaks forge by doing missions but i still havnt explored that area and id think running through it would a be an intertesting thing to do, where do u uselly orrginze runs?

Geo Stigma
18-06-2005, 12:45
Lots of people who run generally hang around in Beacons Perch District 1. Some do it for a price, some for free; just beware there are scammers out there.

Miss Inferno
03-01-2006, 09:02

Hi there!

I really need a runner to Droknar, i have money, and will pay u the price, half at first portal and the rest on arrival, is this ok???

I'll be on after 4 today;)

-Miss Inferno-

Gangrel
03-01-2006, 12:13
If you haven't noticed this thread is HALF A YEAR OLD!!! Don't kick a dead horse... Go to beacons and grab a runner there...