PDA

View Full Version : Mursaat monk bosses (need advice)

Ithildin
05-06-2005, 04:57
I am an almost pure elementalist (have a pet just because it suits me at times). In places such as Ring of Fire and Abaddon's Mouth, I have major problem with getting rid of the monk bosses. I have tried maelstrom and air interrupts to try to kill them, but they still take forever to go down, if they go down. I am almost always on my own, so I have henchmen to "help" me. Anyone have suggestions to help bring these bosses down a bit faster, even if it means for me to switch mostly ranger skills to do it.

salaboB
05-06-2005, 05:01
I'd recommend beating on them until about 3/4's life when they start to heal, then drop a mealstrom on them. When it's about to end, use a meteor shower to do repeated knock downs.

You could also try bringing distracting shot, to disable their heal ability for an extended period and make it much harder for them to stay alive.

Ithildin
05-06-2005, 06:48
Will have to make a few adjustments, but like that would be at all hard to do and get my points back since I like killing ever jade and mursaat I can find just out of spite. Will give it a try later on and see how it goes.

Sclopper
05-06-2005, 08:23
6 words

knock down knock down knock down

Bruiser of Minoc
05-06-2005, 09:27
I did abadons mouth with henchmen also, but I was a n/m, so I piled on life siphon (-3 degen), life transfer (-7), and fainthearteness (-3) and he could not withstand those combos for long.

Jahoclave
05-06-2005, 10:06
Better Yet, three words.

Bring a ranger.

(excepting of course, by ranger, I mean a competent one that knows that their purpose is to interupt the hell out of everything.)

Lord Gargoyle
05-06-2005, 13:10
mesmer. its pretty easy. i were completely interrupt equipped and the boss was down fast. ;)

Loquetus
05-06-2005, 15:06
the mesmer bosses are the easyest imho :p just manage to cast a meteor shower and they'll be dead soon
they don't do as much dmge as the elementalists and aren't nearly as annoying as the monks

this_barb
05-06-2005, 23:00
bring a pvp mesmer setup for shutdown. Use Diversion + Blackout and he won't be able to do anything while you beat on him.