PDA

View Full Version : I am trying to make a smiting Monk...

Xiang Yu of Chu
05-06-2005, 10:31
Which is also good at healing.

I thought stats like this might be oke:

Healing - max
Smiting - max
Protective - all the left overs.

As you can see I am not planning to use any secondary proffesion skills. Will it be smart to spread my points out like this?

Would it be smarter to change protective healing for Divine? Also if I take a secondary proffesion I think I'll be using the Ele one to possibly the energy storage, but that would mean less points in protective/divine.

Any suggestions? I have browsed this forum but nobody seems use all their atriibutes on the Monk proffesionn, wo how will this fare? This one will be mostly PvE and some occasional PvP when our Guild is togetehr.

thanks in advance.

Monk Shen
05-06-2005, 10:58
im a lvl 20 smiting monk stats are as followed
Healing- max (13)
Smithing- 10
thats all

Nirhan Shadowmauler
05-06-2005, 10:59
protection smiting monks are very powerful in pve. and can continue to be so in pvp. you just need to be in a group with more than a few monks.

Sponx
05-06-2005, 12:20
my monk has: Smiting 11, healing 10 and protection 10, for farming i use, Balthazars aura, symbol of wrath, mark of protection, shielding hands, mending, balthazars spirit and zealots fire :D

Brownie Crumbler Og
08-06-2005, 03:39
if u had to have a secondary what would it be?

this_barb
08-06-2005, 07:33
Honestly, Pick either healing or protecting but not both. Spreading yourself thin is a guarantee that you won't do good in any of the three attributes.

Go 11/10/10 with your 3 primary attributes

lred
08-06-2005, 13:58
Which is also good at healing.

I thought stats like this might be oke:

Healing - max
Smiting - max
Protective - all the left overs.

As you can see I am not planning to use any secondary proffesion skills. Will it be smart to spread my points out like this?

Would it be smarter to change protective healing for Divine?

You will heal better with high divine favor, and even your smiting spells will serve as healing. Protection has some nice healing skills but most are enchantments and have a fairly long recharge time, and divine also has some good healing spells.

Reality is you have to change attributes and the skills you use, depending on the situation. If for instance im up against enchantment removing mobs, then there's no point in bringing enchantments. But in case of heavy melee mobs i'd go for protection and bring a whole bunch of enchantments.

Lord Gargoyle
08-06-2005, 15:07
Honestly, Pick either healing or protecting but not both. Spreading yourself thin is a guarantee that you won't do good in any of the three attributes.

Go 11/10/10 with your 3 primary attributes

yep. you can also try 10/10/10/5 with 5 in divine. this is also nice. you can have (i think) a 10 seconds spell breaker which is quite good if someone wants to cast dispel magic on you or other nasty stuff.