PDA

View Full Version : Raising the Dead, Minion army vid.

Sheep
06-06-2005, 00:42
http://www.luminance.org/gw/videos/RaisingtheDead.avi

In regards to the other huge thread, here's the vid from the 2 days we ran this build, maybe this'll help clear up that there's no exploit or hacking to this :)

Cartigan
06-06-2005, 00:52
What is this supposed to show? Doesn't show anything that doesn't prove you arn't exploiting

Epyn
06-06-2005, 00:54
I must say thats pretty funny and creative, way to go.
But an aside, i seriously doubt the people who think this is exploitation will be 'cleared up' by that video. I don't think it is, but still, good luck. etc etc

GADefence
06-06-2005, 01:00
They're using Unyielding Aura and canceling it out on their friend. (basically, killing them off every second.)

It's not an exploit, but definately very. . . VERY. . . Cheap.

Kriegar
06-06-2005, 01:03
Unyielding Aura? Did you watch the video? Do you know what the different casting animations look like?

Sheep
06-06-2005, 01:03
You can see from the HoH footage how it's done honestly, you can also see how fast that produces minions.

But it's just a fun video of an unconventional strat, I don't really care if you want to believe me or not; it's legit :)

Edit: Unyielding? lol

"Unyielding Aura {Elite}
Recharge Time: 45 seconds."

noisewar
06-06-2005, 01:11
You can see from the HoH footage how it's done honestly, you can also see how fast that produces minions.

But it's just a fun video of an unconventional strat, I don't really care if you want to believe me or not; it's legit :)

"Unyielding Aura {Elite}

Wouldn't the same tactic be possible with a teammate using Illusion of Weakness to suicide? AFAIK it doesnt rack up DP, tho I could be wrong.

GADefence
06-06-2005, 01:12

"Unyielding Aura {Elite}

Blah, I didn't remember Unyielding Aura having a recharge time. I'm not too sure which skill they used now.

Edit : Bah, sacrifice blood + restore life (I think). I only saw the first half when I made the UA assumption.

September Timeside
06-06-2005, 01:24
What is this supposed to show? Doesn't show anything that doesn't prove you arn't exploiting

I'm usually pretty ambivalent to grammar but please, no more than two negatives in a sentence.

Mortimer
06-06-2005, 01:29
http://www.luminance.org/gw/videos/RaisingtheDead.avi

In regards to the other huge thread, here's the vid from the 2 days we ran this build, maybe this'll help clear up that there's no exploit or hacking to this :)
Why do you persist in saying that it's not an exploit? It's abusing a set of skills for an unintended end result, hence an exploit. Like I've been saying, think about what it could do to PvE. Tell me the devs intended for people to be able to walk through the areas with just a little prep time, and then tell me it's not an exploit.

Cartigan
06-06-2005, 01:30
Unyielding Aura? Did you watch the video? Do you know what the different casting animations look like?
Unyielding aura also takes about a min to recast, might as well be using vengence

I'm usually pretty ambivalent to grammar but please, no more than two negatives in a sentence.
Triple thank you and the best I could write that would only bring it down to two. The negatives don't really overlap.

Sheep
06-06-2005, 01:38
Why do you persist in saying that it's not an exploit? It's abusing a set of skills for an unintended end result, hence an exploit. Like I've been saying, think about what it could do to PvE. Tell me the devs intended for people to be able to walk through the areas with just a little prep time, and then tell me it's not an exploit.

Who are you to say the skills are not working exactly as they were intended? Are you a dev? No.

Necros have the ability to kill themselves and summon corpses from their team mates corpses.

There's nothing unintended going on here, if it's found to be a balance or performance issue it will get adjusted, until that time it's a perfectly legit strat which is very hard to consistantly win with honestly.

Mortimer
06-06-2005, 01:45
There's nothing unintended going on here, if it's found to be a balance or performance issue it will get adjusted, until that time it's a perfectly legit strat which is very hard to consistantly win with honestly.
"There's nothing unintended happening, but if it is unintended it will get fixed." I like that..

Like I said, take a look at the Underworld. It's obviously made to be a hard area, and this exploit makes it an easy area. That's how I can guess as to the devs' intent.

Hades the Terrible
06-06-2005, 01:47
The whole "it's a perfectly legit strat" thing reminds me of people defending camping in CS :D

I do not think that necros should be able to kill themself. You should not be able to spend what you do not have. It is just like not being able to cast a spell if you don't have the energy. You can not spend what you do not have. The minimum you should be able to bring yourself down to is 1HP.

I really do find it funny that some of the people that used the Balthazar's Aura exploit (yes it was an exploit since the same spell is not supposed to be able to stack) are also using the necro suicide/million minion thingy.

Mr.Bamboo
06-06-2005, 01:53
Balthazar's Aura exploit (yes it was an exploit since the same spell is not supposed to be able to stack)

as far as i know when this was brought up in bugs forum some where, before ppl started exploiting, the developers replied with "it is working as intended."

Hades the Terrible
06-06-2005, 01:55
as far as i know when this was brought up in bugs forum some where, before ppl started exploiting, the developers replied with "it is working as intended."

Well that is a bit odd since you can not stack the same spell on a player so you should not be able to stack the same spell on a NPC.

Sheep
06-06-2005, 02:02
The whole "it's a perfectly legit strat" thing reminds me of people defending camping in CS :D

I do not think that necros should be able to kill themself. You should not be able to spend what you do not have. It is just like not being able to cast a spell if you don't have the energy. You can not spend what you do not have. The minimum you should be able to bring yourself down to is 1HP.

I really do find it funny that some of the people that used the Balthazar's Aura exploit (yes it was an exploit since the same spell is not supposed to be able to stack) are also using the necro suicide/million minion thingy.

Then you use a health -1 weapon and you're dead, whats the difference? You often get stuck at 1hp depending on your base health.

If anyone can get to HoH with this build without getting skipped then I salute them because we couldn't :) As you can see in the end of the video we got quadruple teamed hehe.

Lots of things are working as intended and get balanced changed, there's is a difference between a bug and a balance issue. The bigger issue here is probably more to do with fps decrease but I didn't notice any slowdown even with that many honestly.

this_barb
06-06-2005, 02:03
Why does no one bring Verata's Aura? A minion team like that would be stripped of 99% of its power if you did.

Kriegar
06-06-2005, 02:33
Some group did have VA, as did we. They stole it, we restole. This really is NOT that powerful of a build - it has huge, glaring flaws. It is however, massively fun to play and see those minions running around. :lol:

Sharper
06-06-2005, 02:46
is the music in the vid marilyn manson?

paperairplane
06-06-2005, 02:47
link to original thread plz?

Sheep
06-06-2005, 02:53
is the music in the vid marilyn manson?

yes, personal jesus :)

Hades the Terrible
06-06-2005, 02:57
Actually, I can think of a funny exploit here. Think of the smoke nade spamming in CS to screw over lower end computers but replace nades with minions. :D

Feynt
06-06-2005, 03:46
It would depend on the team, but camping is a legitimate tactic in CS. The only thing is it's not "camping," the term is "defending." I mean really, if you are suppose to ensure terrorists do not blow up a particular location, would you completely abandon it and go hunting them down? If you answer yes, you know nothing of tactics. Likewise, guarding your hostages makes perfect sense. If you aren't guarding them, any of them could just go wander away (though in reality we know the hostages don't do this, they simply follow whatever CT happens to come along and touches them), or some CT could rescue them unhindered. That's not how terrorists take and hold hostages.

Now if you're a terrorist on a bombing map and you sit somewhere waiting for a CT to come along, or vice versa on hostage rescue maps, then you are a dumb *** camping fool and you deserve to be r-con'ed off the server.

As for this video, it's clearly an exploit, but all the skills are being used as they were intended. A person is being resurrected and then he kills himself, providing a new corpse. The penalty for this poor individual is he eventually will end up with -60% DP and will be useless for anything but corpses, but he knew what he was getting into when he started. From the looks of it at least 1/3 of the team, probably 1/2 is dedicated to the mass producing and maintenance of undead, and they can't really do that constantly, but rather in spurts of a few at a time. That means if you can wrestle control of the undead from them or destroy them entirely, half of the team is useless and the other half is out numbered by your fully active team.

MisterP
06-06-2005, 03:50
Sorry, I must have missed this ... what was the Balthazar's Aura exploit?

I still think the minion thing is an exploit, but tbh I don't think it's worth getting as worked up over it as some people are.

GADefence
06-06-2005, 03:56

I still think the minion thing is an exploit, but tbh I don't think it's worth getting as worked up over it as some people are.

Well ,you can get about 4-8 minions out before the game starts on the 6 team free for all map. Then work your way up from there.

As for the Batlhazar's Aura, it was stackable.

EDIT: Thanks next poster, I'm not going crazy. I was sure BA did damage per hit and not what it does now.

Hades the Terrible
06-06-2005, 03:57

Batlhazar's Aura:
For 10 seconds, foes adjacent to target ally take 10-22 holy damage each second.

Problem was that it was stackable. You are not supposed to be able to stack the same spell on something.

Krystara
06-06-2005, 06:41
if two people cast balthazars on a player, only the highest level spell sticks.

if two people cast balthazars aura on the ghostly hero, both stay and the damage doubles.

Balthazars aura x 8 on the ghostly hero = 176 damage per second to anyone near him. thats a lot of damage.

This is clearly not the intention of the design, or it would work the same on players as on the ghostly hero. Thus it was fixed.

-Krystara

Sheep
06-06-2005, 09:17
if two people cast balthazars on a player, only the highest level spell sticks.

if two people cast balthazars aura on the ghostly hero, both stay and the damage doubles.

Balthazars aura x 8 on the ghostly hero = 176 damage per second to anyone near him. thats a lot of damage.

This is clearly not the intention of the design, or it would work the same on players as on the ghostly hero. Thus it was fixed.

-Krystara

Uh no, entirely false.

Baltz aura was stacking on everything including players.

Kriegar
07-06-2005, 11:19
If people were stupid enough to stand next to a non moving NPC while he had 7 Balth's Auras on him, they deserved to die. However, the problem with BA stacking was that you could put it on a moving pc - hence the sprint/charge Blue Ball of Death (tm).

Feynt
07-06-2005, 20:12
Do you think you could put that video back up? A friend of mine would like to see the silliness, but when I showed him the link today the file was gone.

Sheep
08-06-2005, 01:13
http://files.filefront.com/Raising_the_Dead/;3870317;;/fileinfo.html

Try that, should work.

Demonpack
13-06-2005, 19:30
i faced one of those builds in pvp, in a 1-1 battle their team had around 10 fiends before we got to them. and i simply used verata's sacrifice over and over. they werent even able to leave thier base before thier fiends killed them

Sheep
15-06-2005, 09:17
i faced one of those builds in pvp, in a 1-1 battle their team had around 10 fiends before we got to them. and i simply used verata's sacrifice over and over. they werent even able to leave thier base before thier fiends killed them

No you didn't, Sacrifice heals undead.

Demonpack
10-07-2005, 02:03

ack darnit lol i ment 2 say aura :( my bad sorry bout that, listen to what i mean not what i type

Ju Smurph
10-07-2005, 15:26
if someone comes up with a clever way to manipulate a spell then why cant they have the benifits? walking throught the gate is an exlpoit. if something is an exploit ti will be fixed the day of discovery..

Abbaddon
21-07-2005, 07:11
Can someone rehost that video?

Kuroi Ookami
21-07-2005, 21:33
The link a few posts up should still work. I grabed it about 10min ago from there.